Thread: Audio Stuttering & Sound Looping

Audio Stuttering & Sound Looping

Audio Stuttering

I seem to be having some audio issues when running the game, everything seems to stutter. I captured some of the audio as an example (video didn't record). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsI9ufyVTM

I'm up to date on drivers, not sure what the issue could be. I'm running everything low as possible, still not working.

Intel Core 2 6600 2.4GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Realtek HD Audio

I have little issue with the game especially on lowest settings. Any help/direction would be appreciated.

May I ask does this happen constantly - and on all maps? Or is it at certain points?

I abducted a Prophet the other night and as I did she cast the Banishing Shot – the game went into a machine gun sounding effect - which I'm assuming was the Prophets guns – it was amusing as it was like Prophet with a machine gun rather than pistols

It happens on all maps. Occasionally it won't happen at the very start of a match, but once action starts it gets worse.

I have similar issue, it is somehow connected to the RAM usage i think but im not sure.
    I have issue, where when i was playing for a while game freeze for a sec, and the ALL sounds go off on my laptop, even system sounds and music on background. I was trying to find the reason, and noticed that when i just launched PC and start playing i can play for quite long time without any troubles, but when i launch it after using a lot of programms, playing different games, it happens almost from start.
    It can happen everywhere, just while game is launched. I can fix it by closing the game, but even if i restart it, it will happen again, so to play normally i have to restart the PC.
    I tryed to use some RAM optimization programs but it didnt help.
    My specs:
    i5 -2430M @ 2,40 GHz
    6 Gb RAM
    win 7 ulti sp1 x64
    GeForce GT 555M (Driver ver. 337.88) (also have integrated Intel HD 3000)
    Realtek HD Audio
    Is there way to fix it? Playing without all sounds is so annoying...
    Last edited by Zoilorys; 6th Jun 2014 at 11:59.

Originally Posted by SamuelHaight
    It happens on all maps. Occasionally it won't happen at the very start of a match, but once action starts it gets worse.
    It maybe something like the sound loops from this thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11297 though it maybe more system related if it’s happening more frequently than just on occasion.

Have you tried maybe re-caching your Steam game files and see if that makes a difference? It’s hard to think what it maybe computer wise if your drivers are up to date and everything is within the specs limits. The other thing after that is maybe uninstall and reinstall the game. Do other similar spec games work ok?

If you’ve tried these options then you maybe best reporting this to the SE Support Centre and see if they can investigate: https://support.nosgoth.com/system/t.../#!portal/1001

Originally Posted by Zoilorys
    Is there way to fix it? Playing without all sounds is so annoying...
    I completely feel you pain! I get this too – I think there is something funny with laptops. It usually happens on game start up, so then I can just reload and it’s ok…but mid-match is a nightmare…it happened the other night and it’s then hell to know what’s going on as there’s no indicators for attacks…know you are not alone!

Check out this thread – even though it’s more TV related it covers some bits relating to the process I followed – to get the sound working 99% of the time – occasionally it goes though…
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...t=laptop+audio

...but it maybe something system related, so if you haven't already maybe check everything is up to date.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    It maybe something like the sound loops from this thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11297 though it maybe more system related if it’s happening more frequently than just on occasion.

Have you tried maybe re-caching your Steam game files and see if that makes a difference? It’s hard to think what it maybe computer wise if your drivers are up to date and everything is within the specs limits. The other thing after that is maybe uninstall and reinstall the game. Do other similar spec games work ok?

If you’ve tried these options then you maybe best reporting this to the SE Support Centre and see if they can investigate: https://support.nosgoth.com/system/t.../#!portal/1001

I completely feel you pain! I get this too – I think there is something funny with laptops. It usually happens on game start up, so then I can just reload and it’s ok…but mid-match is a nightmare…it happened the other night and it’s then hell to know what’s going on as there’s no indicators for attacks…know you are not alone!

Check out this thread – even though it’s more TV related it covers some bits relating to the process I followed – to get the sound working 99% of the time – occasionally it goes though…
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...t=laptop+audio

...but it maybe something system related, so if you haven't already maybe check everything is up to date.
    I will most certainly try those options, thanks! And yeah I don't have any issues with other games, just Nosgoth. I'll report back if any of those options work. Thanks again.

I updated audio drivers and reinstalled Nosgoth - played for few hours and no problems (had a stutter for few seconds, but thats all) . Thank you!)

Apparently, it was my browser causing the issue. For whatever reason, Chrome being open caused the audio to lag, even with only a handful of tabs open. Not sure why, but...yeah. Never encountered that before with other games.

Anywho, thanks for the help!

Glad it's working for you all

Originally Posted by SamuelHaight
    Apparently, it was my browser causing the issue. For whatever reason, Chrome being open caused the audio to lag, even with only a handful of tabs open. Not sure why, but...yeah. Never encountered that before with other games.
    I think there might be a bug there - as it shouldn't be like that!

x64 OS issues

I just switched to 64 bit OS (win 7), and game performance dropped insanely. Or to be correct, i started to have the strange "stutter" in audio and video, that makes game nearly unplayable. It happens almost all the time, even though sometimes game can run for like ten minutes perfectly, and then starting to have epileptic fit again.
    Any tips on how can i optimize game performance on 64 bit OS? I understand that the game is 32 bit application, but mb there is the way to make it playable atleast on minimal settings?
    My specs:
    i5 2430M @ 2,40 GHz
    GeForce GT 555M (newest drivers)
    6 Gb RAM

I have the same problem....is really annoying, in some cases the echo persist on the entire duration on the match, not only when the voices are happening

I have the same problem....is really annoying, in some cases the echo persist on the entire duration on the match, not only when the voices are happening

If you have any issues with accessing the private Beta forum then please take a look at this thread to rectify the issue: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11924

I believe the thread has been moved the relevant bugs section: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13814 …and I suspect in time this one will be moved over to its location…I’ll leave it for a bit though so you have chance to sort out any access issues.

I’m not sure if this stuttering is the same issue that some echoes other users have experienced… http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11297

Sound Stuttering/Fluctuating

I saw a post for this earlier that was Moved but I can't view it for some reason. It says I don't have the right privileges. Other Moved posts are free for me to see so I don't know why I couldn't see that one.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out the sound stuttering issue too. Is this a hardware issue or settings?

Thanks!

Please see this thread reference gaining access to the Beta forums http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11924

You can try, checking your drivers are up to date, checking the game cache files in steam etc - there are a few other suggestions in threads there which may help.

Sommerdam sound bug

There is a bug with sound in Sommerdam map for me. Every once in a while the sounds in the game keep repeating themselves so it becomes noisy and chaotic. This bug doesn't happen in any other map. Thanks for help in advance.

I just had this I believe in Sommerdale with the water wheels... the water wheels were so unbelievably deafening... definitely seems to be a bug as it was even drowning out or overlapping the channels the music was on.

Originally Posted by colbatron6
    after a few minutes in game my audio begins to glitch and i hear really fast echoes of shots being fired or abilities being uses and the music and even voices.. this causes my game to run really slow for about a minute. cant find any other forum threads about this happening. please help as it makes 2/3s of each match unplayable. sound drivers are up to date. had to tweak some things on my graphics card settings to make the game work.
    this is exactly my problem. paid for the game. hope it is fixed at launch. the beta is unplayable at this point for me

Is that issue accompanied by low fps?

Game Crash and Sound bugs

Hello Guys,
    dont really know if I am posting at the right Forum here, dont seem to find the special Beta Forum anymore xD
    Anyway
    1. sometimes I got this weird echoing which is incredible loud, but i can kinda life with that.
    2. Now here is the real killer, I can only play Game, after returning to the Lobby everything is stil fine,
    but if I wait for the next Game to start, it will say that nosgoth isnt working anymore.
    To go around this I need to restart the Game after each Round and thats really not that nice.
    Greetings
    Medi

Sound bugs out.

When in big fights and I have fps drop, my sound begging to stutter. Its very annoying and I want to know am I the only one experiencing this problem.

Nope I've had FPS drops and noticed a few issues with Sound.

I've had sound stuck in one corner of a map the Sound of a Growling Reaver about to pounce, I've also had issues where the Growling Reaver noise plays over the End scoreboard.

May I ask what settings do you have the game on? If possible (and not already done) please try on Low settings.

Please take a look at this thread and see if it's instructions make a difference.

im haveing issues with my ingame sound,..every time i play all the sounds (surroundings,gunshots,voices, etc) start to ECHO. ive tried changing my audio settings, restarting steam/pc and reinstalling the game but still nothing plz help

Page 3 of 6 First First 123456 Last