Thread: Audio Stuttering & Sound Looping

Audio Stuttering & Sound Looping

Yeah i figured it might have been something like that.

Audio echo

I experienced a lot of audio echo and ruined noise like overboosted audio level in Sommerdamm map

Same here, but it was like wind noise, it is like I've been in the middle of tornado. Can't here nothing but "feeewefeeew".

Now I experience that is randomly, more of the time in the map of Sommerdamm, but also appear in the others maps. Maybe it is my pc specifics , I play the game on a laptop, maybe this is the cause..

Playing on a laptop shouldn't make a difference. Anyhow, I'm on a desktop and today I experienced something similar; a loud & persistent Scout turret noise in the center of Sommerdamm that remained the entire game (round?), despite no turret being present.

When this occurred I'd just joined an ongoing game, and the sound (without the turret) was present from the time of my initial spawn.

Maybe I forgot to tell that it makes echo all the time of the match, not only in some moments :P

I had the sommerdamm map sound glitch today also a few sounds have stayed in a fixed position when the thing makeing the sound has moved.

From talking with others, this seems to happen only when you join an ongoing game. Can anyone confirm?

Weird sound bug. (Can not view private forum)

-Now that the website bug is apparently fixed, thread can be moved to private section, if necessary-

So, since my previous thread (which I can't view on private forums), I've been messing around with Nvidea controll panel a bit more and I actually managed to fix my fps issue. And then another thing happened.
    I now run game with almost 60 fps, everything is smooth and fast (still everything on low, but hey). But at some point during a match the music, voices and enviromental sounds start "echoing", stuttering and a static sound (like when you change channel on the radio) appears. On top of that it brings my otherwise good framerate down by quite a bit. It happens at least once per match. It can start half way through first round and last untill entire match is over, or just disappear as suddenly as it appears. Once in menue everything is fine.

There was a thread on steam forums about this around 10 days ago by someone, but the person was directed to private forums (which I can not visit due to some technical issues). I have also seen people report such problems in other games.
    Here is a video of a person that had same problem (albeit without framerate drop apparently) for refference:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fev7ZPS2K2k

So, is it a known issue? Did I break something? What can be done about it? Thanks.

Edit:
    Forgot to say that my drivers are updated. I've also been trying it with and without Razer Kraken 7.1 pluged in, the problem remains.
    Last edited by Wheel_of_Kain; 28th Mar 2014 at 23:31.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    From talking with others, this seems to happen only when you join an ongoing game. Can anyone confirm?
    If we expirience same problem, then I can disprove this statement. At some point during the match all voices, explosions, etc. will start echoing, static sound (like when you try to catch radio frequency) appears and my framerate drops noticebly, but music seems to stay normal. It can start half way through the round and last untill the match is over, or just disappear in first or second round. For me it happens on all maps at some point and today it began right from the start of match (not an ongoing one).

Edit: Must correct myself as I just had joined an ongoing match and the echo and the rest of it was from the moment i jumped in. So yes, It can happen, but not exclusively.
    Last edited by Wheel_of_Kain; 29th Mar 2014 at 01:32.

I experienced when my pg talks, telling something, very slow.
    Yesterday with the tyrant, when tells about to "You will face a true warrior" he says very slowly lol.

And ever yesterday I experienced the same problem on the second match I did,this time in the map of Provance (with windy and some loud sound near the house in fire). It seems randomly, but Sommerdamm is everytime the map with these problems

Turret sound

Last night I played a match on Provance – and there was the sound of a Scouts Turret going off for both of the rounds. It was very loud (over-powering) and in the corner up by the fountain. I’m not sure if a Scout had set one off and the sound remained or if it was there from match start.

I avoided the area like the plague ...and thankfully so did everyone else!

These are all sound loops which happen randomly and the sound fx of abilities get stuck in a loop. I think one thread on this matter is sufficient enough due to their random nature (and it will disappear once the map is reloaded anyway).

A while ago there was a rather frequent bug when you'd hit the refill stations with a reaver grenade and it would loop infinitely. I haven't seen it in a while but it sounds similar.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    These are all sound loops which happen randomly and the sound fx of abilities get stuck in a loop.
    Ah didn’t realise that! Thought it might have been a map specific bug…and now I know it’s not

Background Sound effects make game unplayable

Fountains and the ocean are the greatest offenders but sometimes fires and birds are just deafening. I have tried every sound option even turning off background noises but nothing works.

Plus, sometimes sound have echo (more looks like 2 sound tracks) and that REALLY slow down game.

Are the loud sounds around fountains, birds, etc. happening for you in every game WalkingEye? I have that happen every now and then, but it typically only lasts for one game.

I've also noticed that it only happens in a certain area when it happens; like around one particular fountain but everything else is normal.

Yesterday, I caught when the sound loop bug occurs - I was playing Reaver and was almost dead, I started to do Shadow step but was killed mid-casting and sound kept going on.

Had a weird looping on Sommerdamm the other day but couldn't place what it was...but that's half the fun of it trying to figure out what the sound actually is that's in the loop Good job at figuring out what yours was Raina

The one that gets me is when you're spawning and the character is cut off mid-sentence always makes me laugh.

Hah, yeah, I get that cut-off for dialogue as well, and subtitles keep randomly disappearing too.

audio lag makes game lag

after a few minutes in game my audio begins to glitch and i hear really fast echoes of shots being fired or abilities being uses and the music and even voices.. this causes my game to run really slow for about a minute. cant find any other forum threads about this happening. please help as it makes 2/3s of each match unplayable. sound drivers are up to date. had to tweak some things on my graphics card settings to make the game work.

What´s your specs? Sounds like n issue with fps...

intel core i7-4702mq 2.2 ghz can boost to 3.2
    nvidia geforce gtx 760m
    8 gb ddr3 ram

i agree that its fps but that comes because the audio overloads my computer its like its playing all the sounds that are happening 20 times at once like a very vast echo. sounds horrible when it happens.

I got around much of this problem by turning my FPS down and by changing my audio to medium range instead of high range. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last