Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rope Ascender/Endurance Bug | OP updated March 19

Rope Ascender/Endurance Bug | OP updated March 19

Hello everyone,

We’ve had a few of you contact us through our social channels about a bug that halts progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Endurance Bug.”

This is a rare bug caused by a very specific traversal scenario or combat encounter. We have created a fix for this that will allow you to continue your existing saved game from where you left off and will not require you to restart the game. However until the patch is released, we advise those who haven’t encountered it to ensure you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of Title Update #2: LIVE

Xbox 360: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PlayStation 3: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PC: How to create a backup save to another slot:

Bug specifics below:

Here's a temporary work-around that has been found out by a fellow TR fan. You can use this method to get past this glitch while we're waiting for an official patch/Title Update

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Rope Ascender bug

I'm currently reviewingTomb Raider for my website (Xbox 360 version) and I got to the place where Lara gets the rope ascender. I'm supposed to use it on the weight attached to the crane. When I do this, the crane moves but the weight stays stuck mid air. I guess that there are 2 weight spawned into the same place...

Anyways now I can't continue the game nor go back, I'm stuck there forever.

I found a youtube video of this bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BmRKZFZX84

help

Thats a bad one.

Can you have multiple save slots on the xbox?
    signature image

I have read the same, but at this point in the game (at 70-80% of the game's story) I really whish I don't have to restart it from the beginning!

yes, on the xbox the game offers 3 slots

Quote Originally Posted by Chrnochan View Post
    I have read the same, but at this point in the game (at 70-80% of the game's story) I really whish I don't have to restart it from the beginning!

yes, on the xbox the game offers 3 slots
    No, that's rough. I will be making use of the game slots, methinks! If others have completed it without hitting the bug, then it must be specific to certain events or situations.
    signature image

yes I know that other people did finish the game without problems. but you can't chose which slot to use during the game, only at the beginning...

yes I know that other people did finish the game without problems. but you can't chose which slot to use during the game, only at the beginning...
    Really! OH NO! That's different to the PS3 then, cos Driber said you can pick during the game on that.
    signature image

I whish I had a previous savegame to, at least, keep on discovering the island

I hope I don't encounter this on the PC version, or hopeing it will get fixed by the time I reach that section.

I whish I had a previous savegame to, at least, keep on discovering the island
    I have finished the whole main game (90% finish). I wish I could help you.

I hope that nobody else will face this bug, but I really hope that Crystal Dynamics can push a fix asap because apparently I'm not the only one that had this issue. Since the game isn't officially out yet it might not be a big deal right now, but I wonder what will happen next week...

Hi
    I have the same problem and it really pisses me off. I also got about 80% of the game done and don't want to start over -.-...
    If I press the instinct button, the gate on the floor glows up and the weight. If I move the camera during the instinct, the weight glows weird on and off. That is because there are actually two weights into each other. I think it is supposed to be one weight. But the other weight is preventing the real weight from crashing to the gate on the floor...

I really hope there will be another update before the game launches. There will be lots of people, which will play the game through at once.

This is how it should look like, at min 13:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Rxf...wDexJg&index=5

Sorry for my english..

I've read somewhere that if you don't die at the mini boss just before using the rope ascender there is no bug, but I haven't checked myself

I did not die, got the rope ascender, and bam, stuck...

ok so that's a matter of luck -.-

Same here, same problem, the thing isn't moving after i attached the rope! ...come on that can't be true! Fix that! This bug is stopping people from continuing the game!

Are you kidding me?

I have the same problem on XBOX360. Can someone from Tech confirm this is going to get fixed with a patch?

Tried:

- Delete the Patch
    - Deinstall Game
    - Reinstalling Game and Patch

The thing is still not moving. Please fix this!

Can someone please answer a question or two for me please? How are people on the forums here playing the New Tomb Raider game? why so many bugs concerning the game? I rang my retailer today and was told that it will not be available till the 5th, but if some other retailers are selling it early the game will not work! so why is it available before it's due date? please some body please answer coz 55 Euro is a lot of money if I can't get past the first stage!
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday!
    signature image

I got it for reviewing purposes, I am supposed to get the games early in order to write articles about them
    About your other concerns... I don't know! I guess they didn't beta test it long enough to iron out these bugs

Exclamation

I got it for reviewing purposes, I am supposed to get the games early in order to write articles about them
    About your other concerns... I don't know! I guess they didn't beta test it long enough to iron out these bugs
    Thank you, but I see you only joined this month, so sorry but I have to ask to you work for the crystal dynamics? since you have the game!
    signature image

since I am not a reviewer but do play xbox games a lot one solution I use if there is a bug issue go offline for awhile and play that way till you save. also, some updates from xbox cause bugs so stay ofline till you start the game -
    signature image

no, I do not work for Crystal Dynamics! I got the game from Square Enix press reps.

Anyways today I went trought the whole game from the beginning and I could get past deck of the ship, the bug wasn't nowere to be seen...

Replaying the whole game is not an option. This needs to get fixed asap.

How such a glitch can go through beta-testing is beyond me.

Hey, you should open another thread about your issues..
    I ordered tomb raider for ps3 and got it earlier because they had it earlier.. What is wrong about that?
    Thanks anyway, I will try it in offline mode, but I don't think it will work..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast