Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rope Ascender/Endurance Bug | OP updated March 19

Threads merged.

Please check if there already is an existing thread on your issue before starting new threads, folks.

You can use the forum search engine OR you can use the "master bug list" sticky thread at the top of the forum index.

Thanks

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I am at the same point but on an Xbox.

Guys, COME ON! search the forum pleaseeee. This is well known and all over here. There is a workaround!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Guys, COME ON! search Ethernet forum pleaseeee. This is well known and all over here. There is a workaround!
    I did do a search, that's how I found this thread. Only 11 matches populated and out of those 11 only 2 were about this specific issue. If you know of a console work around it would be much appreciated if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by ofGlamis View Post
    I did do a search, that's how I found this thread. Only 11 matches populated and out of those 11 only 2 were about this specific issue. If you know of a console work around it would be much appreciated if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks for your assistance.
    Did you see the Found Bug/Glitch Master list that is stickied at the top of the forum?
    signature image

No rope arrow

Hey everyone, I did not see I'd anyone had this issue. I am at this point but I do not have any rope arrows. I had my bow and lighter but no rope. Is this part of the same glitch?

Please search for the Thread: Rope Ascender bug there are walk around posted in the thread. Thanks for letting us know about this bug in the game, we’re really sorry to hear you’re having issues and we’re looking into it to find a solution. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Everyone, please be advised that we've just merged a bunch of threads on this issue and that Meagan has taken over the OP now, which is containing detailed info!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Nice one Meagan! (see OP) IIRC I think I did kill the two scavengers first before the big guy, hence i didn't get the bug.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamseller View Post
    Replaying the whole game is not an option. This needs to get fixed asap.

How such a glitch can go through beta-testing is beyond me.
    Exactly a game stopping glitch I feel is not something that should have been missed. It not something small that could be an honest mistake or oversight.
    Now I am not saying they intended or knowingly did something wrong and are
    Dishonest. I know we all make mistakes all of us are Human. But were these
    Beta Testers sleeping were they poor Tester. Something is not right with the
    Picture here. You are Correct having to start over is Utter fan Disservice.
    Starting over is not an option it not even a solution it burying your head
    in the sand hoping it will go away. I worked hard to get the collectibles ETC
    other have and we are all in the same boat.

just hit the glitch was freaking out but found my way here and have to say thankfully the temp workaround in the vid at the top of this thread does work with just a little patience phew loving this reboot just hope there aren't more bugs like this.

Welcome to the forums, RecklesSamurai

Thank you very much for letting us know that the temp work-around allowed you to continue the story, much appreciated

i am on level when you go back from endurance throw camp but on section why you go on rope my screen stop working and nothing lara freeze

is on this section

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/533148

3.30 min when she jumps heeeeeelp

Quote Originally Posted by dany00711 View Post
    i am on level when you go back from endurance throw camp but on section why you go on rope my screen stop working and nothing lara freeze

is on this section

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/533148

3.30 min when she jumps heeeeeelp
    This is not the bug we are discussing in this thread. Please post it in the appropriate thread, or start a new one if no thread on your issue exists yet. Thanks

First of all thanks for Driber for getting me in the right section!

Here is my bug (ps3 version)

I've tried now many times this same spot but everytime it goes same way. Stupid me cause I didn't make a backup save on slot 2.

Well anyway I was pretty angry about this. After 60% gameplay I have to start all over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNus3PsLcI

Quote Originally Posted by samiauer View Post
    First of all thanks for Driber for getting me in the right section!

Here is my bug (ps3 version)

I've tried now many times this same spot but everytime it goes same way. Stupid me cause I didn't make a backup save on slot 2.

Well anyway I was pretty angry about this. After 60% gameplay I have to start all over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNus3PsLcI
    Did you try the workaround? It seems to have worked for everyone who has tried it?
    see here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...7&postcount=31

Also, if you can reload from a previous save, you can follow the advice in the OP: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...88&postcount=1
    signature image

Unhappy rope ascender issue

I am also experiencing this issue with the rope ascending on xbox360...its very frustrating. Is there any possible way to have a patch: to restart camps locations at the menu?...as for now I am stuck at cliff bunker. I cannot do anything about it due to auto save. there is no way out of this, and I would love to at least collect all of treasures and relicts from the past camps, until the patch is fixed...I'd hate to start over again.

Would be helpful to add more save slots (at least on the PC version) so that we could save more often without having to overwrite previous saves. 3 save slots is just not enough.

I hate to sign up for a forum just to report a glitch, but I seem to be having this game breaking glitch as well. I hate that I am so far in the game... one that I have been unable to put down until this point... only to come up to this game breaking bug. I have tried the above work-arounds for the last hour, breakdancing on spot so that I can fall through the floor, but it has not worked. Please... please...please... try and figure out a way to fix this that does not require a complete restart of the game. It is such a great game! I hate that this is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Lantea View Post
    Would be helpful to add more save slots (at least on the PC version) so that we could save more often without having to overwrite previous saves. 3 save slots is just not enough.
    The problem with multiple saves is you have to anticipate the glitch. For those of us who have been playing one save until this point, we seem to be out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TKA_III View Post
    The problem with multiple saves is you have to anticipate the glitch. For those of us who have been playing one save until this point, we seem to be out of luck.
    Hey there! Per my opening post we should have a fix for this soon! Sorry to keep you waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey there! Per my opening post we should have a fix for this soon! Sorry to keep you waiting!
    No need to apologize. I am happy you are so quick to respond. This has been a wonderful game thus far and I look forward to finishing it. I will continue to follow this thread for its fix.

Thank you so much.

i payed $100 too be halted by a bug ....... SMH this should not be happening for a $100

Quote Originally Posted by TKA_III View Post
    I know it may seem like you shouldn't have to, but using multiple save slots is good practice for any game in case something happens. As well as bugs, your console could freeze or something else could go wrong. I agree that 3 slots isn't enough though. When I played TR:U I used about 10 manual save slots.
    signature image

Its weird that I didn't find any bugs at all in this game
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast