Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rope Ascender/Endurance Bug | OP updated March 19

Hey there!

Even if you did find a workaround, I wanted to assure you that we're looking into this issue! I'm really sorry that it held up your gameplay experience!

Hey guys -

Posted this in a similar thread but I wanted to let you know that we're aware of this issue and working to resolve it! Thanks for hanging in there!

Hi MeaganMarie,

thanks for the reply. I really enjoy the game (like any other Crystal Dynamics Game since 98 or so) so it is good to read that you are working on it.

""Hi,

go to the collected Bugs Thread (Sticky in this forum) and look for the workarounds. There is alink to the problem. You can find a video how there how to work around this bug via a glitch in the game.""

can you put that link here?? i cant find it i'm stuck in the same place (PS3) please

Quote Originally Posted by gamervzla View Post
    ""Hi,

go to the collected Bugs Thread (Sticky in this forum) and look for the workarounds. There is alink to the problem. You can find a video how there how to work around this bug via a glitch in the game.""

can you put that link here?? i cant find it i'm stuck in the same place (PS3) please

Here you go:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761

thanks for the news

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Have you tried the two suggestions mentioned above?
    yeah i tried it but i cant get it to work. maybe i do something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikibu View Post
    yeah i tried it but i cant get it to work. maybe i do something wrong.
    No-one has come back and said that the first option didn't work. I know its a bit tricky so its worth trying again.
    signature image

Big Grin

-Confirmed-

I tried the first work around. It worked.

In case you are having issues, here were my steps:

1. Shoot the Bundle being held up by the crane.
    3. Use the Rope Ascender
    4. Crane moves, bundle doesn't, noise and animation play.
    5. Using the video that Tecstar70 posted, go to that spot and try what they are doing.
    6. What worked for me (after trying what the video suggested) was equip the bow and have it out and zoomed in on the place that you are trying to move through the floor.
    7. Move over the spot repeatedly with the bow drawn and zoomed in until you drop through the floor.

-worked

Good luck to all those trying still.

Endeavor Crane bug or glitch (PS3 version)

I do believe this is by far the first time I've ever experienced one of these so called bugs or glitches, but this will be a first for me.

First one was at the beginning when that dude sticks that ax through her chest, but was so miner, that it is barely a mention.

Second was in shanty town. Dido...

But by far the worst one I've had is on the Endeavor after beating that first dude and his two henchmen. Afterwards when I try to swing that crane and drop the box, well the crane swings but that grate stays floating in the air, and I cannot continue the game (even if reloaded to checkpoint), so I didn't and restarted on another save slot. That didn't end the bug and glitch-fest, another manifested where I was supposed to start that signal fire and there was no ground or valve. Everything was floating in the sky apparently. Thankfully though, it was easily remedied with a reload to previous checkpoint.

Another minor one appears after Roth kicks it. In that forest with goons with flashlights, some of said flashlights float all by themselves.

Major question, if I exchange the disk at the store for a new one will

(a) I get one?

and

(b) Will my saves work on it?
    signature image

I just completed this section of the game on Xbox 360 with no problems. I ran about on the beach for a while killing gulls and crabs, picking up XP etc. spoke to the crew the got the pulley, then went to get the ascender. No glitches or issues.
    signature image

The crane glitch is well mentioned here as is the workaround.
    signature image

the essential thing seems to be that you have to defeat the big protected guy on the ship directly when you arrive there. if hes killing you the bug appears on the object which is hanging on the crane...

i only hope that my save file isnt corrupted now so i can go on when the patch (hope for it) will fix that f... issue

the essential thing seems to be that you have to defeat the big protected guy on the ship directly when you arrive there. if hes killing you the bug appears on the object which is hanging on the crane...
    I don't understand what you mean. You have to defeat him to continue, don't you?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. You have to defeat him to continue, don't you?
    You have to defeat him in the First Battle. If he kills you, the Bug is there

You have to defeat him in the First Battle. If he kills you, the Bug is there
    Nope. Nt necessarily. He killed me 3or 4 times before I defeated him, and the bug wasn't there.
    signature image

Slightly different bug

Hi guys, I wanted to post because I'm having a slightly different bug with the Rope Ascender and haven't seen anyone else quite having the same.

The first time I fought the miniboss from whom you get the rope ascender, the game failed to load the quicktime event so I had to restart from the checkpoint. The next time, it behaved perfectly and I killed him, took the ascender and had no issue using it to pull the crane and drop the crate to get to the lower deck.

But when I got to the room where I have to use it to free Alex, it let me use it once and then the bug started for me. It won't work any further so while it is a very similar bug, it happened later in the game for me, so I don't think the mini-boss event has any real bearing on it, else it probably would have happened immediately for me.

I too can not progress now, but at a different spot. I've tried exiting, relaunching and restarting from the previous check point, and all is a no go.

I am playing on the PC.

I can confirm it works!

Just about to throw the damn thing in the bin when I saw this thread. Can confirm it definitelying works on the ps3. Followed the suggestion and fell through the floor.

Rope Ascender Bug?

After I killed the big guy on the ship, I got the rope ascender from him. Then I use it with my bow trying to pull down the big weight, but after I pull it, the rope was detached from the weight and it doesn't fall down to crash the deck of the ship, WTH! Is it a bug or I've to use another way to do that?

I'm playing it on PS3, was playing like 66% in progress, 6-7 secret tombs were found, don't want to waste time and start it again, please help!

Did you hold the action button while pulling the big weight?

Cliffside Bunker Rope Ascender bug

I have encountered the same issue. I have beaten the boss on cliffside bunker, acquired the rope ascender, but the box will not move when i try to pull it. I have beaten approximately seventy percent of the game on ps3 and now i cannot proceed. How did this get missed? I have been waiting for over 4years now like so many of us, only to be extremely disappointed. Please fix this so no one else has this same problem.

And yes before anyone asks i held down the action button. The crane holding the box swings when pulled. But the rope holding the box snaps and the box does not move. It remains suspended in air

You are about the 10th person to ask this question. Please see the Bug/Glitch master list stickies post at the top of the forum. The workaround is detailed.
    signature image

Ya, can't solve with that too, but I got zoom in with guns watch to the bottom, and now I can proceed!
    Thanks! Since I'm too nervous about that! LOL

Yes your video worked for me Tecstar70 thank you so much for the research.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=133761&page=2

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast