Thread: Delivery Charges Are More Than The Product Prices!!!

Delivery Charges Are More Than The Product Prices!!!

Explorer T-Shirt Price = $20

Delivery Charge To California, USA = $6.50
    Delivery Charge To London, UK = $12
    Delivery Charge To Melbourne, Oz = $23

I moved to Australia (from the UK) a couple of years back and would love to buy a bunch of things from the TR store. However, for Australian customers the delivery charge is greater than that of the product. Global postage is not that expensive & I import a lot of products from the UK & the USA. Many sites have free postage to Australia or at least have reasonable delivery prices.

I hope that the TR store is not doing an 'eBay' and trying to make a profit out of the delivery charge.
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

i encountered that same problem when i wanted to buy a $2,000 XB Falcon from australia, and they wanted to charge $3,000 to ship it to me
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

I also live in Australia.

These steep shipping prices might be acceptable for me; assuming they don't charge $23 shipping PER T-SHIRT.

If I ordered say; 2-3 T-Shirts, is it gonna cost me like $50-60 in shipping alone?

T-Shirts are pretty light, so I don't see why it should be $50-60 for 3 t-shirts, if they packed them all into the same parcel...

I know it is probably not logistically possible but I wish there was a shop in each continent (or at least the big markets, N.America, S.America, Europe and Australasia) so then delivery charges won't be so high.
    signature image

I was checking out the shipping prices to Aus and it appears that the most it will ask you is $60 which is a lot, but it depends how much you want to buy.
    I was adding lots of things to the cart and the estimate didn't go higher than $60.

Here is a breakdown of what I was adding to get the shipping price:

Ladies Shield T-Shirt ($23 shipping)

+Sisters of Artemis Slouchy Pullover (brings shipping to $27.63)

+Sisters of Artemis Slinky Burnout Tank (shipping up to $32.25)

+Explorer Coffee Mug (shipping $41.50)

+Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival Book (bumps it up to $60)

+Tomb Raider Wireless Xbox 360 Controller (shipping stayed at $60)

So I'm guessing it definitely depends on the weight because when the book was added it jumped up more than when adding items of clothing and the mug. When I removed a few things so that all that was left was the t-shirt, book and controller shipping was still $60 to Aus.

Hope that helps some people. I wish it wasn't so expensive for single items but if you are ordering a lot at once it might work out a bit less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRose View Post
    I was checking out the shipping prices to Aus and it appears that the most it will ask you is $60 which is a lot, but it depends how much you want to buy.
    I was adding lots of things to the cart and the estimate didn't go higher than $60.

Here is a breakdown of what I was adding to get the shipping price:

Ladies Shield T-Shirt ($23 shipping)

+Sisters of Artemis Slouchy Pullover (brings shipping to $27.63)

+Sisters of Artemis Slinky Burnout Tank (shipping up to $32.25)

+Explorer Coffee Mug (shipping $41.50)

+Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival Book (bumps it up to $60)

+Tomb Raider Wireless Xbox 360 Controller (shipping stayed at $60)

So I'm guessing it definitely depends on the weight because when the book was added it jumped up more than when adding items of clothing and the mug. When I removed a few things so that all that was left was the t-shirt, book and controller shipping was still $60 to Aus.

Hope that helps some people. I wish it wasn't so expensive for single items but if you are ordering a lot at once it might work out a bit less painful.
    Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival Book is only $26 on amazon and becomes 5% cheaper if you buy Tomb Raider Limited Edition Strategy Guide with it. Total for BOTH with discount is $47.33, without (buying separately) is $48.63. I reckon it's worth buying both as the Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes a cool amulet and has DLC codes.

Amazon shipping is much cheaper too so you could have saved even more $ there.

I wonder if I'll get banned for saying this

I'm glad it only increases a little bit for shirts though, as I want to buy a few shirts here, providing they release a shirt like this: http://tombraiderstore.com/apparel/l...or-dolman.html for men.

I am glad that you brought up 'The Art Of Survival' book as it highlights the delivery issue perfectly!

Tomb Raider Store Price:
    Book = $40
    Delivery to Oz = $41.50 (like the T-Shirt just a tad over the product price...strange???).
    Total = $81.50

Now, take a look at the Book Depository price (based in the UK). BTW, these guys are owned by Amazon and are fantastic!

Book Depository Price:
    Book = $36.13
    Delivery to Oz = $0 (like many, these guys offer free delivery WORLDWIDE)
    Total = $36.13

Linky: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Art-.../9780744014549

I think that says it all really
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

6.50$ for a domestic shipping of a single t shirt is over priced to begin with.