View Poll Results: What is your most favorite location in Tomb Raider?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coastal Forest

5 8.33%
  • Mountain Village

13 21.67%
  • Mountain Base

1 1.67%
  • Cliffside Village

1 1.67%
  • Mountain Pass

0 0%
  • Chasm Monastery

4 6.67%
  • Shanty Town

2 3.33%
  • Geothermal Caverns

1 1.67%
  • Solarii Fortress

0 0%
  • Summit Forest

1 1.67%
  • Gondola Transport

2 3.33%
  • Shipwreck Beach

26 43.33%
  • Research Base

1 1.67%
  • Chasm Stronghold & Shrine

0 0%
  • Chasm Ziggurat

3 5.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite location?

Coastal Forest was my personal favourite. Don't get me wrong - I loved all locations except Shantytown, it's just that the Coastal Forest made the biggest impression since it was the first location and really involved me in the immersion of the game. I wish more time could have been spent there in terms of the story, but sadly we progressed onward rather quickly.

Gondola Transport, though?
    How does that deserve a vote? All we did was stand on it for what, 30 seconds and then arrived at the elevated shipwreck.

(click image to enlarge)

The 'finger mountains' which I believe is a part of the mountain village...

Geo Caverns, most interesting part of the game
    signature image

The beach. There is no contest

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Loved every single location in the game! But voted for beach.
    But Forests, Shanty town, Chasm... everything is amazing and so well done.

BTW. I finished game today with 80% so sad
    signature image

I love the forests, but the beach is just such a playground for platforming and exploring. It's very atmospheric too. Well all the places are, and all are full of detail. Is the palace in there under another name? I felt the palace was a lost opportunity for exploration and a puzzle had we been able to visit pre-combat and explosions/fire etc; as fun as it was to escape. Is the Geo caverns the place with the mad prisoners? That place was ultra creepy. I was almost too scared to look around

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Yeah, people love *, I mean beach.

I'm going Moutain village as there is lots to explore and climb up around there and it's like a more relaxed area compared to rest of the island.
    signature image

Chasm Monastary, first visit. The part after the bell dropped gave me goosebumps =3 Burning Pagoda was freaking awesome as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Coastal Forest was my personal favourite. Don't get me wrong - I loved all locations except Shantytown, it's just that the Coastal Forest made the biggest impression since it was the first location and really involved me in the immersion of the game. I wish more time could have been spent there in terms of the story, but sadly we progressed onward rather quickly.

How does that deserve a vote? All we did was stand on it for what, 30 seconds and then arrived at the elevated shipwreck.
    But it was BEAUTIFUL ._.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    But it was BEAUTIFUL ._.
    + I think that the part with the gondolas in shanty town also counts, so that's a pretty large area right there.

Which location had the burning Palace? I can't remember the Chasm Monastery. Does anyone have images of each as a reminder?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Which location had the burning Palace? I can't remember the Chasm Monastery. Does anyone have images of each as a reminder?
    Solarii fortress. It once was Himiko's palace, but the Solarii took over and modified it. The ''Escape from the burning palace-scene'' was freaking amazing O_o

Smile

It would have to be Mountain Village for me, I think it gives a huge sense of exploration and immersion. There's many levels to it and the landscapes are incredible to look at.

Not downgrading the rest of the locations, though. CD did an amazing job with all the details.

definitely the beach

The forest and the Monastery were beautiful! I loved most of the environments besides the Shantytown which was decent, but my least favourite if I had to pick one.
    signature image

I like the beach because I get really sad when I see the endurance.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Its Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I thought I post some pictures, but I stop doing it cause it will take time and I never thought TR fans will forgot the locations SO DAMN FAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    I thought I post some pictures, but I stop doing it cause it will take time and I never thought TR fans will forgot the locations SO DAMN FAST!
    I guess some folks were busy with, you know, playing the game, instead of paying attention to that overkill of text pop-ups

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

mountain village for me. its big, visually stunning and great to run and climb around.
    second one would be the beach for me.
    signature image

I'm the only one who liked the mountain base =X

I just really like snow for one thing, but the main reason is that it was really the most memorable thing for me was the climb up the radio tower. Absolutely breathtaking.

Mountain village, cause we are peasants
    I need the hammer to kill a god!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Mountain Village 9 29.03%
    Shipwreck Beach
    11 35.48%

^ Your point?

There is a great contest going on! Beach might lose!

EDIT: 2000th post. Yahooooooooooooo.

Celebration time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast