Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Update 3/19

Hey guys,

Quick update: This issue was prevented in Title Update #2. The team is putting a lot of effort into finding a solution for those of you who have already experienced it, but we’re not sure just yet when the next Title Update will go live. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth waiting for a potential fix to this issue, or if you’d like to restart the game. We greatly apologize for the problem.

----
    Hello everyone,

We’ve had a few of you contact us through the forums and our social channels about a bug that affects progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Block & Tackle” bug.

This is a rare bug caused by using a rowboat to bypass a cinematic and the galleon mission, making it impossible for the user to get the compound bow. We are creating a fix for this that will prevent the issue from occurring in new playthroughs in our next title update. We are still investigating a fix that addresses the problem for those of you who have already encountered the bug.

However until the next title update is released, we advise ensuring you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of Title Update #2: LIVE

Xbox 360: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PlayStation 3: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PC: How to create a backup save to another slot:

Bug specifics below:

I'm adding a PS3 save that was requested by some members.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/attachm...5&d=1362923629

This is the closest save to the beach that I have. It's the last shoot-out at the cable karts. Kill the baddies and make your way through the last bit of the cable karts to get to the beach.

Remember, you can't unlock trophies when using someone else's save file. And remember that this is a temporary work-around I'm providing on a voluntary basis (one fan to another) while the devs get this issue sorted. This is NOT meant to be a fix. I'm just providing this for those who are stuck in the pirate's life mission and don't want to wait for a fix but continue the story without having to replay from scratch.

Put the attached zipfile onto a USB stick and copy it to your PS3. Be sure to first make a backup of your own save files!

Edit: It has been confirmed that the save game works on EU versions of the game / console and that it does not work on NA versions.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Exclamation Do NOT Pass GO Lara [Spoilers]

Hello TR Forumites

Just wanted to drop a thread to explain an unfortunate bug I've encountered that has had the nasty effect of preventing me from progressing through the rest of the core game.

I am at Shipwreck Beach with the rest of the survivors, and Reyes is trying to fix the tug boat. However it was discovered that they needed a block & tackle to help lift the engine.... so I got one, then the objective said "Find Jonah and bring him the block & tackle".. so I did, or rather [and this is where the bug manifests itself] I tried, when I returned to him, he just blabbered on about misc things then said "we should get back to work" [I did actually enjoy the conversation, I'm just frustrated].. and when I use Instinct Mode to pave the path for me on where I should go, it points right to the camp beside him, but there is nothing there that can be used. Initially, they were saying I need to go find Alex on the Endurance, but I've no idea where that is and the objective is still telling me, I need to give J the block & tackle. -_-

Problem: Am unable to give Jonah the block & tackle after recovering such.

Potential Solutions Tried:
    • Go to different area of island and come back to talk to Jonah - FAIL
    • Use 'Reload Checkpoint' to 'refresh?' the game - FAIL
    • Return to Main Menu, then reload game - FAIL
    • Go to town on Jonah with pick axe - SUCCESS.. in therapeutic purposes
    • Restart the game ALL. OVER. AGAIN - This is not a solution for me, since much as I like the game, I don't want to have to play everything all over again to this point, find all those collectibles etc, only to get back to this point and find the SAME PROBLEM potentially occur - NOT A SOLUTION

Thanks for reading.

I hope a workable solution becomes known and soon, I'd love to finish this game~!

Is this the same area as the Rope Ascender bug?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761
    signature image

With seeing barely anything of the area aside from the coast line, I'm going to say a hesitant yes, this looks like something that will likely be taking place just after I finish the current objective I'm on........ with a bit of luck when/if I pass this glitch, I don't run into 'that' one. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Is this the same area as the Rope Ascender bug?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761
    It's a bit early in the game, but yes it's in the same area (the beach)

Anyone have any solutions? Preferably one that does not require restarting the game?

This seems like an isolated incident since I've seen people making posts claiming to have finished the game, but then others have stumbled upon that bow glitch on the boat which also seems insurmountable.

Really hoping for a solution here. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Anyone have any solutions? Preferably one that does not require restarting the game?

This seems like an isolated incident since I've seen people making posts claiming to have finished the game, but then others have stumbled upon that bow glitch on the boat which also seems insurmountable.

Really hoping for a solution here. D:
    lol it is not a bug, you actually have to find Alex on the Endurance, which is located on the northwest of the beach side.

Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    lol it is not a bug, you actually have to find Alex on the Endurance, which is located on the northwest of the beach side.
    No, it IS a bug. I just did a youtube search, found where I am in the game, and after getting the block & tackle there is suppose to be a cutscene where Lara gives it to Jonah... which did NOT happen, therefore, stopping me from progressing, this IS a bug. :V

I am stuck too

I am stuck too! I must of skip an important cut scene. I did not enter the survivors camp instead I found a boat which you can pull and continue on. I did manage to find a tomb where the water was electrify and proceed on. After wards, I am on top of a sunken ship and that is where I am stuck. Anyone else has the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Vipeddie View Post
    I am stuck too! I must of skip an important cut scene. I did not enter the survivors camp instead I found a boat which you can pull and continue on. I did manage to find a tomb where the water was electrify and proceed on. After wards, I am on top of a sunken ship and that is where I am stuck. Anyone else has the same issue?
    Can you be a bit more specific on where you are stuck and what you are trying to do. What does Survival Instinct indicate?
    signature image

Can you be a bit more specific on where you are stuck and what you are trying to do. What does Survival Instinct indicate?
    I made a video on YouTube. Check it out

It is frustrating!

Cannot continue story.

Went along the beach rather than going with my friends and regroup I assume they were fixing the boat. Through the beach a wooden boat pushed it around until I reached the other sided of the beach. I went back to my friends and got the tool. Nothing happens, this is where I am stuck. Instincts is highlighted, I stand next to it, nothing happens...what should I do?

"Block & Tackle" aka "a pirate's life" mission bug

Edit by Driber:
    To clarify - this bug is also called "a pirate's life bug" and "Block & Tackle bug".
    I've edited the thread title to make it more clear.
    /edit

It happens on the Shipwreck Beach during mission "Reach the Galleon". I climb to the top of the ship, but because my instinct is marked the other side of the ship i try to jump over the big crack. I fall to the ocean an died. But after reload, the anchor and the huge mast is not in its original place, and i don't have the important mission item. Now the game is totally stuck, no way to continue the story.

Here's a video, about the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZHWI2l0w

Similar bug

Quote Originally Posted by Chr0n0s View Post
    It happens on the Shipwreck Beach during mission "Reach the Galleon". I climb to the top of the ship, but because my instinct is marked the other side of the ship i try to jump over the big crack. I fall to the ocean an died. But after reload, the anchor and the huge mast is not in its original place, and i don't have the important mission item. Now the game is totally stuck, no way to continue the story.

Here's a video, about the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZHWI2l0w
    I have the same bug too! What is going on man, really frustrating!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upLfdE0qILs

Unhappy tomb raider 2013 stuck

hey, guys i'm kinda stuck, i'm doing the " a pirate's life" mission in the new tomb raider, and theres something odd not happening, i've got the items i need to give to jona, but when i return the cut scene doesnt happen, instead i heard them telling me to go look for alex instead.

i dont know if this is because i started to explore too much and skipped something or its a bug, but i'm stuck because i cannot proceed with the game as i need the new bow to get to the next area. can someone help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by lkuro View Post
    hey, guys i'm kinda stuck, i'm doing the " a pirate's life" mission in the new tomb raider, and theres something odd not happening, i've got the items i need to give to jona, but when i return the cut scene doesnt happen, instead i heard them telling me to go look for alex instead.

i dont know if this is because i started to explore too much and skipped something or its a bug, but i'm stuck because i cannot proceed with the game as i need the new bow to get to the next area. can someone help me with this?
    Your not the only one, I am stuck too

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upLfdE0qILs

I'm the EXACT situation (Xbox 360). What happen is that when I went exploring after I got the block, I move the floating boat and decided to climb up and explore ... that trigger me to hear a message saying that I need to find Alex in that region.

When I explored too far (where the video stops) I back up and try to trigger the scene where you get a stronger weapon. I am afraid that at this point I'll have to restart the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikus View Post
    I'm the EXACT situation (Xbox 360). What happen is that when I went exploring after I got the block, I move the floating boat and decided to climb up and explore ... that trigger me to hear a message saying that I need to find Alex in that region.

When I explored too far (where the video stops) I back up and try to trigger the scene where you get a stronger weapon. I am afraid that at this point I'll have to restart the game.
    Same thing happen to me! Come on, can we get an answer already? Who is the owner/responsible for this forum?,,

Same thing happen to me! Come on, can we get an answer already? Who is the owner/responsible for this forum?,,
    CD are monitoring this forum and I am sure that they are looking at all reported issues. When you think about how many people are playing the game and there are only 2 maybe 3 or even 4 people who have reported the problem it may be difficult to reproduce and track down.

My advice to people is to use multiple save files so you don't have to start again if something goes wrong.
    signature image

Shipwreck Beach Bug cannot continue the story!

Shipwreck beach is where I am stuck. There is a camp near by which I must of pass by not knowing what to do. There was a mini boat that I can push around. I made it to the hill and completed a tomb side quest. As I went back into the camp, there was no cut scene which would give me a compound bow. (I watch YouTube walkthrough) I did get the tool, nothing happens ... The instincts is highlighted, I stand next to it and nothing happens! I reload the check point, no solution. I need an answer, will there be a patch or something?

NO WAY IN HELL I WILL RESTART THE STORY. I FOUND MANY JOURNALS, CHEST, CRATES... ETC UPGRADED WEAPONS ETC,

CD are monitoring this forum and I am sure that they are looking at all reported issues. When you think about how many people are playing the game and there are only 2 maybe 3 or even 4 people who have reported the problem it may be difficult to reproduce and track down.

My advice to people is to use multiple save files so you don't have to start again if something goes wrong.
    The problem is not everyone who plays the game reports their bug run-ins here. Crystal Dynamics will have to keep an eye on any and all websites that contain forums which talk about this game. That is pretty much impossible to do, but my point is you may only think 3 or 4 people are experiencing this bug when in fact there could be thousands of people out there having this issue.

Oh they better be monitoring these forums and other bug reports because this is unacceptable. We, the consumers, are able to find a gigantic gamebreaker simply by exploring the area. Just by using the rope arrow to pull the boat to the crackly wall and climbing up, instead of blindly running from objective marker to objective marker. I would LOVE to use an alternate save file, really, but i can't and why can't i? Because there is no manual save function - it's all checkpoint based! Usually i collect over 50 seperate save files per game just because i want to avoid these situations or because i want to replay different sections of a game. All that wouldn't be so bad if the game would store the save files SOMEWHERE in the usual locations on my hard drive(My Games\-GAME-\Saves or \Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\-GAME-\Saves or in the Steam folder) so i could restore an older version of the folder but noooo, the saves are nowhere to be found. Even if they fix the bug within an acceptable time frame(Sunday evening), it will probably not retroactively fix the triggered quest state and thus be useless to anyone already plagued by the bug. That's approx. 12 Hrs down the drain.
    Besides the aweful quick time events i really like the new direction tomb raider is taking but right now, i'm really mad and not a happy customer.

Eidos, how can I get my money back! I want a full refund! Cannot complete the game!

I played the game twice!
    First glitch/bug, I was stuck at shipwreck beach! I read the forum and the only way to solve this problem was to restart the game. Which I did restart the game...
    Here I am free falling and cannot replay the checkpoint because I end up free falling out of nowhere! Now I am stuck!

Eidos, how can I get full refund if I cannot complete the game! I am very upset and my local retail store does not take unopened games back! Who should I contact? P.s. I will post this thread every hour just to get an answer!

I played the game twice!
    First glitch/bug, I was stuck at shipwreck beach! I read the forum and the only way to solve this problem was to restart the game. Which I did restart the game...
    Here I am free falling and cannot replay the checkpoint because I end up free falling out of nowhere! Now I am stuck!

Eidos, how can I get full refund if I cannot complete the game! I am very upset and my local retail store does not take unopened games back! Who should I contact? P.s. I will post this thread every hour just to get an answer!
    I know how you feel. Video games are expensive as hell in my country. I paid R729 for this game. (The "R" is for "Rand"). That is VERY expensive in my country. Unfortunately that is the standard price for games in my country. So when I buy a game and it has lots of bugs then it really puts a downer on my mood.

Tomb Raider is a bit of a conundrum. On one hand this game is just so amazing and really enjoyable. On the other hand the game is turning out to have way more glitches than any finished game should, and to be honest all of the glitches I'm running into are starting to pile up.

Perhaps they should have delayed the game one more year to work out all these problems.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast