Thread: XBOX installation hangs at 73%

Thumbs Down Tomb Raider 2013 for XBOX - Installation hangs at 73%

I tried to install tomb raider 2013 for XBOX with 2 original medias never opened and installation hangs at 73%.

I tried the following activities:

- Installation on two different profiles (offline and online at live)
    - Removed the HDD and put back
    - Cleaned the cache
    - Tested on two new medias.
    - Tested with two updates
    - Removed all data and tried again

XBOX: Xbox 360 SLIM 320GB

PS: Any other game I have original, install successfully. EX:
    SKYRIM, Mortal Kombat - Komplete edition, Dead Space 2...

Anyone know how to solve?

Really sorry to hear this

I am new to Xbox myself and I am very surprised these types of problems exist with Xbox games, since one aspect of my day job is prepping artwork for clients who get their discs pressed at a pressing plant. If there was a quality control problem for one of my clients, I would hear about it.

I had the exact same problem with another game recently, 2 brand new copies and they both won't play and fail install in the same spot, around 41%, the drive starts spinning up and down abnormally to try and read the disc, but can't. It's clearly a bad disc because of the symptoms and like you, I have a handful of other discs that work completely fine. Unfortunately I had no luck getting a good copy and the support from the company that made that game was useless.

I am curious what region you live in? I'm in Canada. I'm also curious if the package is marked "Discs made in Mexico?" In my case, I suspect a faulty pressing / poor disc quality.

Since you've already tried a second copy, I would suggest to try contacting Square Enix support:

http://support.na.square-enix.com
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Where did you get those 2 copies from?

Either it's your xbox or you may have been unfortunate enough to get a faulty disc.

To eliminate the xbox possibility, I would try to find a friend an xbox and try to install it there. If it hangs on the other xbox at the exact same point, you can be pretty sure you've got yourself a faulty disc and then you need to go back to the store with it.

Creating a support ticket with the link Relight provided I suggest doing as well.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

thanks for the contact, I opened a ticket with them now. Let's see what happens.
    I am very disappointed with the situation.

PS: I'm from Brazil.

I Tried in another xbox and same problem.

bought in store http://www.americanas.com.br/ (it's a good store from brazil), I went to the store and exchanged, but the problem continued.

I recommend checking here to see if that store you mentioned is listed: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=129866

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I could not find the store,
    but this store is very famous here in Brazil

the game has subtitles in Brazilian and has the official seal of microsoft.

Let us know when you hear back on your support ticket

It's weekend, so it might take a few days, though.

I sent to the store again...
    The XBOX support think this second media, also presents problems.