Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Yes, so when you climb around the front of it and onto the main deck, it should be hanging in front of you, activate Survival Instinct and look up to find it, then shoot it with your bow
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Yes, so when you climb around the front of it and onto the main deck, it should be hanging in front of you, activate Survival Instinct and look up to find it, then shoot it with your bow
    Theres no mast with anchor for me its already down, and there was no people to shoot

The mast is down? So you can leave then, run down the mast, jump the gap and zip line back to shore, it might trigger the cutscene saying that you found the item
    signature image

The mast is down? So you can leave then, run down the mast, jump the gap and zip line back to shore, it might trigger the cutscene saying that you found the item
    There mast was already down when i got here i youtubed it and person shot it like you said but i had nothing to shoot or pick up and i have been down zip lines a dozen times and it doesnt do anything

Someone must have raided the ship before you
    Nah, erm I don't have a clue then, sorry
    signature image

I also have this bug. i went exploring before picking up the block and tackle, now when i try to get it, the mast is already down and there is no block and tackle in sight

Im on PC

So, you shot the mast down before you needed to? That would be the cause of the problem then
    signature image

No, the first time i went the mast was already down, and there was no block and tackle

...and then when you were given the task of getting it, the mast was still down?
    signature image

OK so heres what happened:

you get to the boat and give a hand trying to put the engine in
    Cant manage it, so they tell you to go get the block and tackle
    Heres where i went to explore the area, before going to get the block and tackle
    i did the flooded vault tomb and got a few collectables
    then went to try get the block and tackle. but the mast is already down here and there is no block and tackle on the floor

Well, I can't help you, but your description should help the devs fix the issue
    I guess you can either wait for a fix, or start again
    signature image

A Pirate's Life Quest Bugged (Gamebreaking Glitch)

Before doing the story quest of retrieving the block and tackle from the Galleon, I explored the right side of the map by pulling the movable boat on the beach through the water, over to the craggy wall. It gave me access to multiple collectibles and even the optional tomb, The Flooding Vault. I collected everything in the region and headed back to the beach where the other story characters are. I then proceeded to complete the quest called A Pirate's Life which entails reaching the Galleon to retrieve the block and tackle. When arriving at the ship it is completely unguarded. When climbing around the front of the boat, the world glitches and some things disappear. I jump across heading to where the mast is and there is no block and tackle to shoot down. When using survival instincts, it just highlights the spot Lara is standing on and DOES NOT highlight any items. If you proceed down the zipline, nothing happens and the highlighted beacon stays on top of the Galleon. I have reloaded my save, made a new save and reloaded it, exited and restarted from my checkpoint and I cannot attempt fast travel in this area. There is no fix. Please patch this game ruining bug!!! I tried to give as much detail as possible, thank you.

Well, I can't help you, but your description should help the devs fix the issue
    I guess you can either wait for a fix, or start again
    It's not an issue of us doing anything wrong... The game developers didn't make the rock wall inaccessible (the one you first use the compound bow on to go find Alex). If you simply pull the little wooden boat over to it with your rope arrow, you can jump up and climb it to reach an otherwise "inaccessible" area before getting the bow and activating anything prior. When this happens, the game assumes you did everything and got the bow and reconfigures the game to that point in the story, skipping everything before it, including when you get the bow. With no way to get the bow, and the game confused (made evident by the waypoint still locked onto the broken boat), there is no way to move forward.

There are two ways they messed up the design of this map:

1. They made the rock wall reachable with a little patience and some thinking outside of the box.

2. Even if we were allowed to explore the area before getting the bow and doing all of the other tasks, the event trigger should have been MULTI-VARIABLE. Meaning, the game should have had to go through a checklist of items needed and events previously activated, before activating the event that requires you to search for Alex. Instead, we get a SINGLE-VARIABLE trigger... One with the only requirement being that you reach the top of that wall.... Someone took a shortcut... And we are paying for it...

Well, I never said anyone did something wrong, I think it's quite clever of you all to have used the boat in such a manor, but, that's what you get for exploring
    signature image

Well, I never said anyone did something wrong, I think it's quite clever of you all to have used the boat in such a manor, but, that's what you get for exploring
    LOL
    Seriously... For a game that encourages exploring, it really screwed us over big time...

Another "Shipwreck Beach" bug {PC}

Greetings.

On the beach zone I have gone out and got the block and tackle from the grounded ship, however I did not return with it straight after but ventured out on the long pier.

That jumped me to the next part where you get told over the radio to go and check up on Alex, but the progress list still says to hand it in to Jonah. The problem here being, that I can't hand anything in to him now.

It would be easy to address if I could restart the whole zone with a console command but no such luck and reloading checkpoint doesn't fix it.

Yeah, man... That damn movable boat that allows you to climb that bloody wall...

Quote Originally Posted by JerryPants View Post
    LOL
    Seriously... For a game that encourages exploring, it really screwed us over big time...
    Yes it has, i "was" enjoying this game all levels 100% complete till this one now i cant do anything, at least im not they only one to think about pulling the small boat to the wall it, even the games designers didnt think of that one by the looks of it lol else they could have blocked it off near the wall, hope they fix it for us.....

Quote Originally Posted by imaggot View Post
    Yes it has, i "was" enjoying this game all levels 100% complete till this one now i cant do anything, at least im not they only one to think about pulling the small boat to the wall it, even the games designers didnt think of that one by the looks of it lol else they could have blocked it off near the wall, hope they fix it for us.....
    They freaking have to fix it... This isn't some random graphical glitch or floating enemy crap... This is a bug that seriously breaks the entire game and makes it 100% unplayable (you can't do anything!).

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this bug, and we’re really sorry that it is keeping you from progressing in the game. We’re looking into it and trying to recreate it to test it and find a solution, so your posts here are incredibly useful. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

While we look into a solution, if you have a moment it would also be very helpful for you to fill out a ticket on our support website so we can get more information on how this issue occurred.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
    Click on the “contact” button
    When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
    The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
    In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
    Click “Next” again
    This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
    Fill out the required information and click “Next”
    Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

Posted this in another thread about this particular issue, but wanted to ensure you saw it as well!

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this bug, and we’re really sorry that it is keeping you from progressing in the game. We’re looking into it and trying to recreate it to test it and find a solution, so your posts here are incredibly useful. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

While we look into a solution, if you have a moment it would also be very helpful for you to fill out a ticket on our support website so we can get more information on how this issue occurred.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
    Click on the “contact” button
    When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
    The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
    In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
    Click “Next” again
    This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
    Fill out the required information and click “Next”
    Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in so that you know we are monitoring the boards, and that this issue has been escalated to the team so they can try to recreate it and troubleshoot. I'm genuinely sorry you're stuck and unable to progress.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that we are aware of this issue and are investigating it so we can try to recreate and troubleshoot. I apologize that it is keeping you from finishing the game.

I am at Shipwreck Beach and i'm trying to give Jonah the block & tackle but it will not let me. I'M playing the game on the xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in so that you know we are monitoring the boards, and that this issue has been escalated to the team so they can try to recreate it and troubleshoot. I'm genuinely sorry you're stuck and unable to progress.
    Thank you for actually making an appearance in these threads to assure us action is being taken... There was no doubt that action was being taken, but sometimes it is nice to hear from someone about it. Thank you. Just want this fixed so I can enjoy the whole game. Loving it so far, aside from this debacle... :/

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast