Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 317

Thread: Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr0n0s View Post
    It happens on the Shipwreck Beach during mission "Reach the Galleon". I climb to the top of the ship, but because my instinct is marked the other side of the ship i try to jump over the big crack. I fall to the ocean an died. But after reload, the anchor and the huge mast is not in its original place, and i don't have the important mission item. Now the game is totally stuck, no way to continue the story.

    Here's a video, about the problem:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZHWI2l0w
    I suggest trying to load back from a previous checkpoint. If that does not work please reply back to this thread and we will try to escalate this matter to the Developers also which platform are you playing on would be help information.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    Sadly nothing helps. The problem is the checkpoint is saved with this glitch so now i never continue from here. But the real problem i think is the movable boat and the fact i jumped to the stony wall before i get the compound bow. I think that little "shortcut" is responsible for the "Shipwreck beach" glitch. I play on PC.

  3. #53
    Try deleting any game data or utility data you have on your console for tomb raider, including any dlc just in case, then reinstalling/redownloading everything and try it again. Since apparently you're not that far into the game this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

  4. #54
    Yeah! I play on the PS3 and I did the same thing. The movable boat in the water down by the beach is the problem. If you pull it over to the rocky wall leading to the later area, that you were only supposed to access AFTER you get the compound bow, the game assumes you have done just that (everything before and leading up to the point where you get the Compound Bow). It skips forward in story quest, telling you that you need to "find Alex." However, the waypoint will remain located at the initial event you were supposed to activate first. Events and cut-scenes were skipped. It will not activate at this point and without the compound bow, there is no way to move forward.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Same problem here. Got stuck by pulling the small boat to the east side of the beach and climbed to the area I was not supposed to. This game encourages to explore the areas! And now I'm stuck because I was curious...
    Almost 100% of the treasures collected from previous areas so far. I'd rather sell the game than start from the beginning. Games should have warranty btw!

    Platform: PS3 (so no...I have no way of deleting my save files without losing everything)
    Difficulty: Normal

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryPants View Post
    I am having the same problem for the PS3 version.
    Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.
    Same problem here. Got stuck by pulling the small boat to the east side of the beach and climbed to the area I was not supposed to. This game encourages to explore the areas! And now I'm stuck because I was curious...
    Almost 100% of the treasures collected from previous areas so far. I'd rather sell the game than start from the beginning. Games should have warranty btw!

    Platform: PS3 (so no...I have no way of deleting my save files without losing everything)
    Difficulty: Normal

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Same problem here. Got stuck by pulling the small boat to the east side of the beach and climbed to the area I was not supposed to. This game encourages to explore the areas! And now I'm stuck because I was curious...
    Almost 100% of the treasures collected from previous areas so far. I'd rather sell the game than start from the beginning. Games should have warranty btw!

    Platform: PS3 (so no...I have no way of deleting my save files without losing everything)
    Difficulty: Normal

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by SE_Param View Post
    Can you please provide some more information for me please.

    Platform:
    Difficulty:
    Yup

    Xbox 360
    Normal

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Same problem here. Got stuck by pulling the small boat to the east side of the beach and climbed to the area I was not supposed to. This game encourages to explore the areas! And now I'm stuck because I was curious...
    Almost 100% of the treasures collected from previous areas so far. I'd rather sell the game than start from the beginning. Games should have warranty btw!

    Platform: PS3 (so no...I have no way of deleting my save files without losing everything)
    Difficulty: Normal
    We are in the same boat, man... No pun intended...

    I am also for the PS3... It was way too easy to access the wall with that boat... And the boat practically says, "PULL ME OVER TO THE WALL!" If they wanted that area to be inaccessible, they should have made it impossible to reach... Not work-around-able... Ugh...

  10. #60

    [bug report - all platforms] "a pirate's life" mission unable to complete

    Hi, i am playing on PS3 and i have got to shipwreck beach and i have to get the block and tackle from the broken ship but when i use instinct and go to the marker (ship) there is nothing for me to pick up and i cant move on, any ideas what to do??

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryPants View Post
    We are in the same boat, man... No pun intended...

    I am also for the PS3... It was way too easy to access the wall with that boat... And the boat practically says, "PULL ME OVER TO THE WALL!" If they wanted that area to be inaccessible, they should have made it impossible to reach... Not work-around-able... Ugh...
    Exactly! You should not be able to go there before you get the right gear. Everytime I go to a new area (in any game) I search the place before continuing the story.

    70€ for a nordic edition wasted. People always tell that it's just a game. Would they be happy with 70€ software that does not work?

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Exactly! You should not be able to go there before you get the right gear. Everytime I go to a new area (in any game) I search the place before continuing the story.

    70€ for a nordic edition wasted. People always tell that it's just a game. Would they be happy with 70€ software that does not work?
    I also search an area before moving on in the story for any game.

    I bought the $100.00 Collector's Edition.... I feel your pain! At this point, I just want to continue the freaking story... Jeesh!!! Is that so much to ask!? I should not be denied the ability to finish a game.... EVER...

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryPants View Post
    I also search an area before moving on in the story for any game.

    I bought the $100.00 Collector's Edition.... I feel your pain! At this point, I just want to continue the freaking story... Jeesh!!! Is that so much to ask!? I should not be denied the ability to finish a game.... EVER...
    They should make a new savefile for those who got stuck. That can't be hard for them. And I would be happy give them the info about the items and upgrades that I have. That way everyone would be happy.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    They should make a new savefile for those who got stuck. That can't be hard for them. And I would be happy give them the info about the items and upgrades that I have. That way everyone would be happy.
    Maybe not a new save file, but a patch that resets the quest-skip that makes it impossible to move forward without the first cut scene, the tackle from the pirate ship, and the compound bow you get from Jonah. It should fix the game to look for those things before activating the quest to search for Alex.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryPants View Post
    Maybe not a new save file, but a patch that resets the quest-skip that makes it impossible to move forward without the first cut scene, the tackle from the pirate ship, and the compound bow you get from Jonah. It should fix the game to look for those things before activating the quest to search for Alex.
    That would be even better. I hope they get this fixed...if not, I try to get a refund (that's mission impossible)

  16. #66
    I mean, in actuality, our exploration should not have done this... Even if we did reach the top of that wall, it should not have been a 1 variable event trigger (being only reaching the top of the wall). It should have been an event trigger that had multiple variables, like whether or not we had the compound bow in our possession, and whether or not we retrieved and gave the tackle to Jonah, or even whether or not we activated the first event in Shipwreck Beach... The game should have had a more complex, multi-variable trigger that went through a checklist before activating... If it was done right, we could have climbed that wall, explored the area, but no activity would be happening over there...

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    And this bug is unite us! It seems the problem is platform independent. The error occurs on XBOX, PS3 and for me on PC. What a tolerant glitch...

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr0n0s View Post
    And this bug is unite us! It seems the problem is platform independent. The error occurs on XBOX, PS3 and for me on PC. What a tolerant glitch...
    LOL
    They seriously need to patch it... If I have learned anything from making RPGs in RPG Maker, it is that they put no variables into the activation of that event... It just had a "reach this point" trigger...

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    Maybe you use the movable boat to reach the rocky wall on the other side of the map BEFORE you try that mission?

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr0n0s View Post
    Maybe you use the movable boat to reach the rocky wall on the other side of the map BEFORE you try that mission?
    Yup thats what i did, i have done other exploring things on other levels before and during a main story with no issues

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    That was the problem... That section only accessible with the new compound bow theoretically, so the boat + rocky wall just accidental. When you (and me on PC, in fact) climb up to that wall the game skips important parts on the story and now you never get the new compound bow. For now no solution for this, just the full restart...

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr0n0s View Post
    That was the problem... That section only accessible with the new compound bow theoretically, so the boat + rocky wall just accidental. When you (and me on PC, in fact) climb up to that wall the game skips important parts on the story and now you never get the new compound bow. For now no solution for this, just the full restart...
    Basically its a design flaw then because they could of blocked end of pier off where you get the boat past could of put a rock there or something, thats killed the game for me now, i had collected all treasures etc up to this point so i wont be starting again so either they come up with a fix in a week or so or im trading the game

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    "Basically its a design flaw..."

    Exactly! And we can not do anything just wait for some kind of solution. But annoying how easy to solve this problem if the save system is more complex. Maybe a "Restart Mission" option, chapter select, or store MORE THAN THE LAST save...

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    6,475
    Are you talking about the wooden ship on the rocks? If there is nothing for you to pick up, you haven't shot the item down yet. After killing the men inside the ship, continue forward until you reach the upper deck where there should be a mast in front of you, shoot the crane type thing on the mast and it should drop the desired item, it will initiate a cutscene, so you'll know if you have done this correctly
    signature image

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Are you talking about the wooden ship on the rocks? If there is nothing for you to pick up, you haven't shot the item down yet. After killing the men inside the ship, continue forward until you reach the upper deck where there should be a mast in front of you, shoot the crane type thing on the mast and it should drop the desired item, it will initiate a cutscene, so you'll know if you have done this correctly
    Its the part where you have to recover block and tackle from the galleon

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •