Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Quote Originally Posted by Vipeddie View Post
    Your not the only one, I am stuck too

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upLfdE0qILs
    do you think they'l fix it without me having to start again, relly dont want to, took me ages to get where i am, and all the unlocks.

Can you please provide some more information for me please.

Platform:
    Difficulty:

Quote Originally Posted by SE_Param View Post
    Can you please provide some more information for me please.

Platform:
    Difficulty:
    He is talking about the exact same problem i'm having:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...9&postcount=15

He pulled the small boat with the rope arrow next to the wall and climbed it with the climbing axe. Then went further in and triggered the radio message about alex running off. Which overwrote the other task from Jonah and thus makes progression impossible.

What i would really like to know is where the save games are located(PC), so i could restore an older version and not loose 12 Hrs of progress.

Exclamation

Shipwreck beach is where I am stuck. There is a camp near by which I must of pass by not knowing what to do. There was a mini boat that I can push around. I made it to the hill and completed a tomb side quest. As I went back into the camp, there was no cut scene which would give me a compound bow. (I watch YouTube walkthrough) I did get the tool, nothing happens ... The instincts is highlighted, I stand next to it and nothing happens! I reload the check point, no solution. I need an answer, will there be a patch or something?

NO WAY IN HELL I WILL RESTART THE STORY. I FOUND MANY JOURNALS, CHEST, CRATES... ETC UPGRADED WEAPONS ETC,
    I apologize for that bug and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I'm going to take this information and escalate this to the developers.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dehumanizer View Post
    He is talking about the exact same problem i'm having:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...9&postcount=15

He pulled the small boat with the rope arrow next to the wall and climbed it with the climbing axe. Then went further in and triggered the radio message about alex running off. Which overwrote the other task from Jonah and thus makes progression impossible.

What i would really like to know is where the save games are located(PC), so i could restore an older version and not loose 12 Hrs of progress.
    Here is a link to show you where you may find you save files. I hope this helps.http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160...7231102463996/

I am having the same problem for the PS3 version.
    Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.

I am having the same problem for the PS3 version.
    Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.

Shipwreck Beach bug halting story progession. PS3 version

Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start when you first enter Shipwreck Beach, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.

I wouldn't say the game sucks but I'm having the same issue. After I collected the block and tackle I used the small boat to continue exploring. When I couldn't proceed any further I retuned to camp and couldn't hand in the mission. I reloaded the game and found a rope leading from the area where I moved the boat from to one end of the boat clipping through the beach and the blue cargo container.

I can confirm that the devs are well informed of the issue I raised, whether or not they've been made privvy of other issues that are being raised in this thread, I do 'not' know. But I've been contacted for more information about the issue so fingers crossed that next patch [which 'MAY' be released for 360 in next 10 days, that being about 4 days ago] fixes it. 8D

@Yipeddie: I got up to that area too in my playthrough and I too got incredibly frustrated [cursing, control shaking, etc] by the fact that I'd somehow managed to maroon myself on that upper area with no way of getting down.

While I have yet to figure out the proper way to get down [since my game is currently glitched in a way that doesn't allow progressive play], I 'DID' find out that sliding down the northern most part of that area that you can access [the part that is just above the other zip ropes that lead to the... junkyard-esque ship] will get you back down to solid ground.... just don't jump. It won't fix your issue bout not being able to talk to the survivors, but at least you'll be able to travel again! 8D

They also need to patch it for the PS3.

I don't know. I know the owner of this forum is ignoring this bug/glitch. I have not heard from the developers it is so frustrating >

I do not want to start all over because there are other glitches the can corrupt you from playing the game... What a shame....

I have the same issue! I want an answer from the developers!

I have the same issue! I want an answer from the developers!
    Same! Given our horrible issue, the least they could do is keep us posted more thoroughly, if they are indeed working on it. They aren't saying !

Yeah I've just spent the last 4 hrs creating a new game and skipping all side quest (treasure included) to get back to that lvl and then work on lvlings ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avikus View Post
    Yeah I've just spent the last 4 hrs creating a new game and skipping all side quest (treasure included) to get back to that lvl and then work on lvlings ...
    Oh no...
    I don't know if I can bring myself to do that.... *cries*

So, some players (like me) explore the map before do the main quest on it. And in "shipwreck Beach" found an inaccessible rocky wall, but in the water i found a moveable boat. Of course i'm combined the two things and voila, i'm climbed up! But normally this section is only available with the compound bow! So here's the problem. We travel to a map section BEFORE we have the needed equipment and this somehow triggers something and never get the new bow after this. Thats the basic problem for stuck the main quest in this map.
    Players BE WARNED! Do not try to use the boat to climb that wall. Firstly do the main quest for the compound bow, and then start exploring.

Here's a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzdPIrN9X8

same here need the new bow to continue but the cut scene wont happen

you would think they would test these things, all i can do now is play multiplayer, so sad...

I don't understand why they even put that boat there in the first place... Holy crap... It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it in the water... Ugh...

Ok... Just read that Nixxes has released a new patch for the PC version. It fixes these things:

Addressed some stability issues on machines that have both Intel and Nvidia graphics hardware.

Various small UI updates.

Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.

Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.

Some improvements to TressFX hair rendering.

Fixes for various smaller graphics glitches.

Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.

I hope this means that a patch for the consoles is on its way! I want to continue the game!!!

Ok... Just read that Nixxes has released a new patch for the PC version. It fixes these things:

Addressed some stability issues on machines that have both Intel and Nvidia graphics hardware.

I hope this means that a patch for the consoles is on its way! I want to continue the game!!!

I think there's a large container with a collectible on the top of it. I guess the boat purpose is for reach that collectible. Pass the stony wall just a "side effect".

The patch is released once, but causes new serious problems, so they withdraw it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast