Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Quote Originally Posted by DopeCoach View Post
    It is essentially fixed! For me, I never encountered the baddies on the boat and never acquired the gear, but it gave me 600xp once I entered after title update #2 and I appear to have the compound bow and a new objective marker off to the left where I originally explored. So they essentially fast forwarded my progress.

Thanks to all on the site for your help, I (and everyone else I hope) can finally finish the game now. cheers
    YAY! So glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Delpus View Post
    when will ps3 get the update??
    Still waiting on a timeline update. I hope soon!

And when this update is coming for PC? If worked with the xbox, maybe will work with PC and PS3. Does somebody know?

Still can't progress

I downloaded the title update #3 for Xbox 360 today, excited to finally be able to play again after running into the block and tackle bug. I loaded the game and gained 600 xp and I seem to have the compound bow and a new objective to go find Alex on the Endurance.

However, when I climb onto the dock next to the climbable wall and try to fire an arrow into the rock wall, the arrow just bounces off. I've gone through my entire quiver, firing arrows at both the nearest climbable rock wall and one a little further out, past some debris, and my arrows won't stick in any of them. So is something still bugged, preventing me from using the compound bow properly and thus preventing me from progressing? Or am I using the bow wrong somehow?

You still need to fire rope arrows
    Not normal arrows!

Oh right, I completely forgot that you have to hit right bumper to fire rope arrows. *blush*

Oh, glad I could help!

Way to go guys!! Had to wait it out, but my PS3 glitch has been resolved with version 1.03!!!!!

I logged in, updated, and magically received my Compound Bow that I accidentally bypassed getting...

THX again, now I can finally finish/platinum this awesome game!!!!

WOooo!!!!

This is amazing *_*

yeah! ps3 fixed.. thanks!

Hi there,
    the last update on the PS3 didn´t fix my problem. Still stuck at the beach after the firefight and can´t progress anymore.

Fixed for me, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessman View Post
    Hi there,
    the last update on the PS3 didn´t fix my problem. Still stuck at the beach after the firefight and can´t progress anymore.
    It seems that not everybody experiences eaxactly the same issues. Some are dependent on specific gameplay actions, so it could be you have done something very specific that means the patch doesn't fix it. Can you reload an older save game?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    It seems that not everybody experiences eaxactly the same issues. Some are dependent on specific gameplay actions, so it could be you have done something very specific that means the patch doesn't fix it. Can you reload an older save game?
    Unfortunately not. I just have this one save game. The bug appeared when I died in the attempt to join the firefight at the beach. After that I´m stuck there and cannot progress anymore.

hmm, that seems different than everything I've heard so far. This thread's glitch was holding us up before getting to the Endurance. Looks like you made it back to the beach after getting the rope ascender. What exactly is holding you up, or glitching you?

Quote Originally Posted by dragulaAC View Post
    hmm, that seems different than everything I've heard so far. This thread's glitch was holding us up before getting to the Endurance. Looks like you made it back to the beach after getting the rope ascender. What exactly is holding you up, or glitching you?
    Well, after dieing before reaching the firefight (after leaving the research facility) the game loaded again and I was back at the beach. Obviously after the firefight. At the boat I can not do anything. Joslin Reyes is sitting in front of it. It seems she is wounded. But I can not interact with her or the boat. If I look for the next waypoint, it is set in the middle of the sea, unreachable. The other quests are all completed. I can visit all the other locations, but can not go any further in story. So I´m stuck there.

Chessman, you don't have the same bug the people in this thread do. For your issue, just jump on the boat (ignore where the waypoint is telling you to go), if you jump on the boat it should take you to the next area.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmouse View Post
    Chessman, you don't have the same bug the people in this thread do. For your issue, just jump on the boat (ignore where the waypoint is telling you to go), if you jump on the boat it should take you to the next area.
    Hi,
    I tried that many times before. But nothing happens. The boat stays there where it is.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213