Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

wonder if we can get compensation for all the stress of going through a traumatic story again lol

well its right no block and tackle

So... Update is availabe? i didn't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    So... Update is availabe? i didn't get it

You should get any updates when you fire up the game as far as I am aware. What platform are you playing on?
    signature image

ps3... I've just switch on my console and the update doesn't appear!

i've got the update but still stuck at shipwreck, no cutscene to get the compound bow is happening

Sprock, are you connected online? The patch came out March 15th, maybe you already got it? Please check that you have version 1.02 of the game. This is located in the Game Data Utility section in the PS3.

i have recently had a download/update/patch for my Xbox but it did not change anything so i am assuming if you have already experienced this problem this download will not change anything, you will have to restart the game and hopefully the 'patch/download' will then work

i did send a message to 'square-enix' enquiring about this problem and below is their reply:

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Tomb Raider.

You may have to clear the system cache of your Xbox360 in case there is an issue with the stored game data. To do this, please follow the steps outlined below.

1. Press the 'Guide' button on your controller.
    2. Go to the 'Settings' menu and select 'System'.
    3. Now select 'Storage' or 'Memory'.
    4. Select a storage device (any one will work) and press the 'Y' button on your controller to open another menu.
    5. Select the 'Clear System Cache' option.
    6. Confirm your selection.

---------------------------------------------------------

i am not holding my breath on that one though...

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    i have recently had a download/update/patch for my Xbox but it did not change anything so i am assuming if you have already experienced this problem this download will not change anything, you will have to restart the game and hopefully the 'patch/download' will then work

i did send a message to 'square-enix' enquiring about this problem and below is their reply:

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Tomb Raider.

You may have to clear the system cache of your Xbox360 in case there is an issue with the stored game data. To do this, please follow the steps outlined below.

1. Press the 'Guide' button on your controller.
    2. Go to the 'Settings' menu and select 'System'.
    3. Now select 'Storage' or 'Memory'.
    4. Select a storage device (any one will work) and press the 'Y' button on your controller to open another menu.
    5. Select the 'Clear System Cache' option.
    6. Confirm your selection.

---------------------------------------------------------

i am not holding my breath on that one though...
    how can this be done on the PS3?

lkuro
    sorry mate dont know about ps3, but i am a bit dubious about this solution (haven't tried it yet)

Quote Originally Posted by SE_LaTanya View Post
    Sprock, are you connect online? The patch came out March 15th, maybe you already got it?
    I got it! But in the first post I read "LIVE" and I thought there was a new update... isn't that?

I believe this patch only fixes the issue/glitch for people who haven't already had it happen yet. Rather, it prevents it from happening. As of this point, the patch doesn't help us, who already have the glitch..

As for PS3, game data is located in the xmb in the 'game' column, all the way at the top is a folder for 'Game Data'. In there, locate "Tomb Raider game data' and hit 'Triangle' and select delete..

Quote Originally Posted by dragulaAC View Post
    I believe this patch only fixes the issue/glitch for people who haven't already had it happen yet. Rather, it prevents it from happening. As of this point, the patch doesn't help us, who already have the glitch..

As for PS3, game data is located in the xmb in the 'game' column, all the way at the top is a folder for 'Game Data'. In there, locate "Tomb Raider game data' and hit 'Triangle' and select delete..
    I ended up deleting my additional content instead for ps3.

Thumbs Down waiting

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Update 3/19
    when is this patch coming i have been calling you and all you say is your working on it i have played every tomb raider game going and never encounter this sort of thing is really isnt fair i refuse to start it again in hard mode.!!!!
    Hey guys,

Quick update: This issue was prevented in Title Update #2. The team is putting a lot of effort into finding a solution for those of you who have already experienced it, but we’re not sure just yet when the next Title Update will go live. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth waiting for a potential fix to this issue, or if you’d like to restart the game. We greatly apologize for the problem.

----
    Hello everyone,
    when is this patch coming i have been calling you and all you say is your working on it i have played every tomb raider game going and never encounter this sort of thing is really isnt fair i refuse to start it again in hard mode.!!!!
    We’ve had a few of you contact us through the forums and our social channels about a bug that affects progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Block & Tackle” bug.

This is a rare bug caused by using a rowboat to bypass a cinematic and the galleon mission, making it impossible for the user to get the compound bow. We are creating a fix for this that will prevent the issue from occurring in new playthroughs in our next title update. We are still investigating a fix that addresses the problem for those of you who have already encountered the bug.

However until the next title update is released, we advise ensuring you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of next patch/title update: LIVE

Xbox 360: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PlayStation 3: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PC: How to create a backup save to another slot:

Bug specifics below:

Quote Originally Posted by suelouise42 View Post
    The Title Update #2 for Xbox and PS3 is now live.
    signature image

?

no update has come through on my xbox whats going on ?

i called them and apparently you will get an update via the game when you start it up when i got the game there was loads of updates everytime i played it now hardly any they said clear system cache i did that several times still nothing i callled them last night they are still working on it!! dosent help us tho does it really disappointed in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by suelouise42 View Post
    no update has come through on my xbox whats going on ?
    I don't know. All I can say is that when I have started the game the updates have come down automatically. If you are not getting them (and assuming your internet connection is OK) then you should raise a support ticket with SE.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket:
    North America http://support.na.square-enix.com

Europe http://support.eu.square-enix.com

Creating a Ticket
    • Click on the “contact” button
    • When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
    • The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
    • In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
    • Click “Next” again
    • This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
    • Fill out the required information and click “Next”
    • Review the entered information and hit “Submit”
    signature image

well clearing the 'system cache' did not work :-(

Guys below you'll find link with save (bug free with 69% progress) for PC version:

"TOMB RAIDER saves #3 (Fortress Tower through Shipwreck Beach)

http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html

Just download save game file, copy to your tomb raider save game folder and enjoy rest of story.

So i am going to re start this game, should i delete all the saves off my h/d (Xbox) or can i just use a different game slot, worrying if i keep any of the 'glitched' saves it might affect this new game, but want to keep it just in case it gets fixed by a 'download. (grasping at straws there)

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    So i am going to re start this game, should i delete all the saves off my h/d (Xbox) or can i just use a different game slot, worrying if i keep any of the 'glitched' saves it might affect this new game, but want to keep it just in case it gets fixed by a 'download. (grasping at straws there)
    you should be fine keeping the old save. it sounds like it was a script error of some sort(screwing up the order of events and how they are supposed to play out), but the patch seemed to make it so I couldn't get the boat back over to glitched area, so I guess it does prevent it from happening now. no guarantee but i would say i'm 99% sure you'd be fine (so basically i don't know

ok, going to keep the old saves, just hope it doesnt happen again, fingers crossed..

I am not able to progress either, even though I've gotten the update. I am playing on the PS3. I will try to give a detailed account of my problem.

When I first got down to beach area, I decided to explore and to look for treasures and any Tombs, before going to the actual camp, in case it would force me to miss certain stuff. So, like what many people did, I pulled the raft over to the rock wall to the west, climbed up, and soon overheard about the person going ahead, and having me to go look for him.

When I used Survival Instinct before this, the yellow light was over at the camp, by the boat, I believe. However, once I progressed far enough away, further west, exploring the Tomb in that area, the next time I used Survival Instinct, the yellow light was not in that area as before, like it had overwritten that mission.

Then, I fell down to far and accidentally died, and I decided to save and quit for that day. The next time I started the game up I was by that Tomb, the yellow light was still gone, and I went further, until I couldn't go any further because I didn't have the right gear. So I went back to the camp, talked to everyone - Sam was actually standing inside the corner wall, half her body glitched within - but they never gave me an actual mission.

I went back to the previous area, played around a bit, and had to stop playing for that moment, so I saved, then quit. Next time I started up, the yellow light was over at the boat and the mission objective said to meet up with the survivors at the camp. I headed on over to the area - Sam was sitting along the wall by the other archaeologist, Jonah was by the camp fire, and the other woman was over at the boat, trying to fix it.

It wouldn't let me talk to anyone. I headed onto the boat, and Lara's movements slowed down, like when its a scripted sequence - when you are walking and talking over the walkie-talkie for example. Nothing happened though, and I couldn't talk to the woman. This is when I started to look into the glitch online, learned about meleeing Jonah, which I tried, to no avail.

The anchor was already on the beach, and I had never went over to the ship. I went over to the ship, and if there was supposed to be enemies on it, there wasn't. The first time I tried to jump over to the one area, the broken mast was gone, so I couldn't walk over. I crossed my fingers and leaped across, and the floor was gone, but it magically appeared for me to land on. I got any treasure in that whole area, then ziplined down, with nothing else to do.

Back at the camp, it was the same stuff as before. It seems to me the game believes I did the mission to go over to the ship, yet I never did, even though the stuff is on the beach. But since I never received the mission in the first place I can't talk to anyone for my reward, to get the Rope Ascender.

So I stopped playing until the patch came out, but once it did, nothing changed. I believe this means it only fixes it for people who have yet to get there. That, or what I did, was slightly different than what the patch was for, yet different enough for it not to fix it.

Any thoughts?

I have a slightly different problem. It on the same place but didnt found anyone with this problem yet..

I took the Block and Tackle. Got the new bow. Never used that boat thing to get towards the Endurance. Found Alex en took his stuff. The next mission is to get back to the survivors camp. No problem at all. But when you land at the beach you are supposed to get a cutscene of where you hand over the tools and tell that Alex was on the ship etc. But I do not get that cutscene!

Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here. Thanks.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast