Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TR10 speculation thread / Deciphering Lara's Journal (WARNING - SPOILERS & KITTENS)

Wow, you all are creative and insightful with your speculations on a scant screenshot of Lara's journal! I'm inspired I really enjoyed reading through this thread so far and feel obliged to bring something to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
    Lyle's right. I googled "Croatoa" and found this... I'm having a hard time believing this is just a coincidence... It would be a perfect target for Lara: http://anilbalan.com/2011/10/17/the-croatoan-mystery/

Particularly this bit is interesting:
    "The Croatans themselves believed that the island had a spirit and, if angered, this spirit had the power to change those who offended it into the form of animals, trees and rocks. So perhaps this is the explanation – that none of the people affected really disappeared but were simply transformed. If so it is no less bizarre or credible than any of the other theories that have been put forward over the years!"

More info on the Lost Colony: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Colony
    After a google search on Croatoan I came across a myth related to Virginia Dare of the Lost Colony...and as Lara discovered, there is some truth in myths. Perhaps the next game might be about finding pieces of an artifact to gain passage to where ever the colony vanished to. There's been mention of she (or it) is the key. I don't know German so I am going by what you all have figured. It would be interesting if what has been assumed to be a spear is actually an arrow or arrowhead. Relating to the Virginia Dare myth, a magic arrowhead was made to turn her back into a human after she had been transformed into a deer.

http://www.northcarolinaghosts.com/c...-white-doe.php - tells about the myth surrounding Virginia Dare

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/pages/1647 - tells more about constructing the magic arrow used to transform her from deer to human

So this current game is about a soul trapped in a dead body. aka Himiko
    So maybe the next game is about a soul trapped in the body of an animal.(lol irony that it's a deer) aka Virginia Dare ???

I dunno. crazy thoughts. also what do you make of the significance of ЭИГХТ - EIGHTH? is it just an amount? or something else?

Significance of the number eight

“The number eight always alludes to a departure from the “natural” world, and entry into the supernatural world.”
    http://www.betemunah.org/eight.html
    ^a Jewish interpretation of significance of the number eight and not entirely relevant, but still kinda interesting

Various significances of the number eight

http://www.crystalinks.com/numerology2.html

I dunno. Strange stuff that isn't for me to decipher that's for sure. You all keep chipping away
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AireTam View Post
    It would be interesting if what has been assumed to be a spear is actually an arrow or arrowhead. Relating to the Virginia Dare myth, a magic arrowhead was made to turn her back into a human after she had been transformed into a deer.
    Your entire post was full of lovely info. But you make a great point about the arrow and/or arrowhead. I haven't looked into the lost colony that much, but after realizing an arrow is involved.. this picture is looking much more like one instead of a spear.

(click image to enlarge)

And if we have a magical arrow, then Virginia Dare must be involved. Which then leads me to think that perhaps SHE is the key.

This is exciting. I need to devour all info involving her and the lost colony now.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
    I speak Russian and I would decipher it as :

Eight have origin
    Time essential
    Lost deep* village

*This is a little confusing because the last letter could be either Л (L) or П (P) or even a very sloppy Д (D) like the first letter. Which would make it either "deep", "deal", "dead", or "deed".
    Quote Originally Posted by digginglara View Post
    Thx! Brilliant stuff!
    Hey:

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I tried translating the Russian letters to English and while I failed, I did get most of it:

EIGHT TIME HVE ORIGTSN ESSENTIL LOSTDEEL VILLGE

Eight time have origin essential lost village?
    Give credit where credit is due.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    You know you want to!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

*Waves temptation in your face*
    signature image

TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!! D:

Here's a kitty as bribe:
    signature image

Ha!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post

Here's a kitty as bribe:
    OH GOD! That almost broke me!

She's wounded, brothers. Go in for the kill!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Give credit where credit is due.
    Though I did post the occasional thank you note under one specific post, it was for practical reasons more than anything else, really (as I can't go and thank each and every person individually). And I'm okay with said practicality, quite honestly, as expressing gratitude to people's contribution is this thread is something I like to extend in the broadest possible sense anyway.

So, to each according to his or her contribution, I say once more: "Thx, brilliant stuff!"

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Did someone say "kittens"?

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

omg a kitten in marshmallows. if that doesn't do it....

Big Grin

Just in case, I will throw in my personal secret weapon - ducks.

(click image to enlarge)

Tell us now, Meagan!!!

edit:

btw, those are awesome pics, Relight.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Um, she did tell us, but it got censored. Why would her saying it again make any difference?! That's how Einstein defined insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Having said that, please, TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!! D:

Mother of fudge we're going in circles! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Article Thingy
    What the secret of Croatoan is and in particular what its connection is to those born in the Americas that causes their disappearance even far from home remains a mystery to this day. It would be remiss of me, however, not to mention one more theory, that of the natives who once lived on Roanoke Island all those years ago. The Croatans themselves believed that the island had a spirit and, if angered, this spirit had the power to change those who offended it into the form of animals, trees and rocks. So perhaps this is the explanation – that none of the people affected really disappeared but were simply transformed. If so it is no less bizarre or credible than any of the other theories that have been put forward over the years!
    So I wonder if this means another island setting.

I'm hear for this.

I.AM.HERE.FOR.THIS.

What I like about this myth though, is that it's very Martin Mystery:

(click image to enlarge)

As opposed to a grand treasure hunt for riches and treasure and all that classical treasure hunter stuff. Treasure.

edit: So this island. There are just people chilling on that island and living there in houses? Is there a desolate area which can be used as a setting?

edit: Anyways, if it is set there, this is what I think of:

(click image to enlarge)

Though what would be around and from what time period? Would there be churches of any sort, like unused, old churches?

edit: WE NEED ALLIGATORS.

edit: OMFG this is so unified yall.

I don't think Himiko's soul was causing the storms. It has to be something else. Something more explainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

KITTIES!!!

(click image to enlarge)

Tell us what we need to know and release yourself...
    from that pressure of keeping it secret

And if that's not a good enough motivation, then here's a kitten just 4U.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post

I don't think Himiko's soul was causing the storms. It has to be something else. Something more explainable.
    hmm they made experiments with the star phenomenon using Himiko's body...lol
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by spyrostr View Post
    hmm they made experiments with the star phenomenon using Himiko's body...lol
    Jesus fudge cakes.

I completely forgot about the laboratories on the island.

But the reason I brought this up was because part of the Croatoan myth or whatever is that the island has a spirit, and I also heard in a film trailer that there was a decaying corpse or whatever, like Himiko, stuck in some sort of limbo.

I love reading this stuff, it's great. I really hope the next game goes into Roanoke because the first time I heard about the mystery back in the 3rd grade it simultaneously creeped me the hell out and irritated me because I was one of those kids that wanted to know why.

Meagan, if this doesn't break you, I don't know what will.

Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

If Meagan won't break the silence I swear I'll...

been playing the game once again and just after Grim dies and Roth is helping Lara, they here a message from a Pilot, never really paid attention to what he said- he was from FREIGHTER TRINITY
    always wonder how he got there!
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by laracrofty1 View Post
    been playing the game once again and just after Grim dies and Roth is helping Lara, they here a message from a Pilot, never really paid attention to what he said- he was from FREIGHTER TRINITY
    always wonder how he got there!
    oh my God. I remember him saying that now but I had no idea it mattered.

Who. the fudge, are trinity.

It's sad that none of the pilots survived.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast