Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freezing on game load on Xbox 360

Freezing on game load on Xbox 360

I'm having major issues with Tomb Raider freezing when I try to load up my save. Everything worked fine until I hit 42% completion last night, that's when the freezing started. After 4 reboots of my console I managed to load my save, but when I tried it today (at 47%) I can't get it to work. I've tried rebooting 10+ times and it still freezes the second I try to load my save.

I've tried uninstalling and installing the game to the hard drive on my Xbox, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated! I am in no mood to start from scratch on a new save.

I've got the same problem at 27%. I suspect it is related to using Fast Travel, but not sure. Too bad there is no 'manual' chapter selection.

Has nothing to do with fast travel because I haven't done fast travel at all and still have the same issue.

For the Xbox, have you tried deleting the game files?

I too am having the same issue. Got to 66% complete. The game will crash as the "Select a game save" screen shoots off. Once, I got to a loading screen, but that crashed too. As it has just now.

LaTanya, you'll have to educate me in deleting the game files without removing the saved game.

As a write this I was rebooting and trying. I've got in, but on the 7th reboot. Can't say the same pattern will follow when I turn it off.

Try clearing the game cache. I was able to load my save games on a different console, so those were therefore not broken.

Clearing game cache: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...r-system-cache

i have a PS3 and this is happening to me, i'm at 57% of the game complete and it won't load for me now!!! any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I have already posted in this thread about it

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134209

I already posted in the other thread about what i have tried, i also just tried to clear the cache on my xbox which did not help. I figured that sense a SE rep posted in this one i would also.

i. Delete game files
    1. From the dashboard go to the right until you can change your storage settings and saves
    2. From the storage device select your device
    3. Find the Tomb Raider files
    4. Delete all of the files located in this game folder

If you are worried about deleting saved files you can choose which files you delete and in this case delete 'installed game'

I also want to suggest that you start another game on slot 2 or 3 and see if you can progress to the same point and get the same issue. I just want to verify that this is not a not time issue or that you might have a corrupted save.

I have done all of that and it still locks up when i load the save file.

Have you tried my second suggesting? I know starting over can be frustrating, but you might have a saved corrupt file.

I have but it is only at 4%. I just wont take the chance of getting 80% though the game again then having this happen again. I thank you very much for the help but at this point i just can not play again knowing the could lose another 77% complete game file.

If there was anyway to get my money back for the game i would but i guess i am stuck with a $60 paper weight until this problem is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Alright this is just stupid now ! First how can it be a corrupt save ? You mean to tell me we all have corrupt save files ? Yes let's blame the gamer not the game !!! Second none of the solutions work ! Not deleting the cache not deleting the game not deleting the AWSOME update ! Nothing it does not work I've been trying since 11 it's now 11:42 and nothing and btw reason I know it's not a corrupt save is because yesterday after trying to load the game for 10 minutes it finally loaded and it kept playing but today I can't play maybe you guys should figure the problem out ! And fix it with an actual useful update ! Honestly about to return my collectors edition with the controller or sell it like wtf !
    Vent your frustration in another way. Posting angry and non-constructive messages achieves nothing.

-Try a different save device.
    -Try installing the game, if you have not already. (Xbox 360)
    -Try re-starting the campaign, as already suggested.
    -Try recovering your profile. (Xbox)
    -If possible try using your save on another console. If the problem persists, your save is damage.

Any fix yet???

I have had the exact same problem and it isn't a corrupted save file! I always wait until I can definitley switch the console off so I don't get these problems and now it won't let my game load. I don't want to go starting a new game. Yes this game is great but I just got to 70% so why would I want to restart now. There has to be something wrong and a patch can fix it.
    I don't want to start another file as well and have the same thing happen after another 10hours of play time.

I've got exactly the same problem! I reached 95 % of completion and now I have to start all over again. This is really bad!

Same issues as above, I refuse to start a new game...I've tried all the solutions and nothing is working. Also posted on Xbox support forums for the game. Any help here?

I've sent a message to Meagan to inform her about the issue. Surely it can't be the consoles fault.

Same problem here. The first time I noticed the "loading crash" I was at the 37% of the game. I tried to load my save game 6 times before I deleted my cache and the game update, then reinstalled the update and the save game worked perfectly.

I played without problem and loaded my save game in 2 different moments.

Now I'm stuck at 53% (in the forrest after the
    ). I tried the same trick but no way. The saved game wont load.

We need a patch, I want to play my saved game and finish this beautiful game. I hope that Crystal Dynamics will not be like Ubisoft and the never solved Rome glitch in the Assassin's Creed 2 final chapter (I never finished that game).

This is the bug:

Quote Originally Posted by Muchogarcia View Post
    I have had the exact same problem and it isn't a corrupted save file! I always wait until I can definitley switch the console off so I don't get these problems and now it won't let my game load. I don't want to go starting a new game. Yes this game is great but I just got to 70% so why would I want to restart now. There has to be something wrong and a patch can fix it.
    I don't want to start another file as well and have the same thing happen after another 10hours of play time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Again ! None of your suggestion help I've done it all and again I will quote you and the other person who said this " your save is corrupt " really ??? Corrupt !! How do you figure me and everyone else having this problem means all out saves are corrupt ? Answer me this if my save is corrupt why is it that when ever the game decides to load I'm able to play it just fine ? Makes perfect sense my save is corrupt ! Lmfao ! I don't see why this problem is getting blamed on everything but what it actually is ! Just patch it ! Same with the other 20 game breaking glitches in this game that luckily I haven't encountered ! And also why would I restart the game to go to 70% or 99% take a break or go to work like normal people come back to play and have the same problem ? Like I stated before easier if it just gets patched all of the suggestions either don't work or don't work 100%
    I am having the same exact issue. It isn't a corrupt save issue. I have found a work around for now. It is a bit of a pain but it won't mean restarting the game. Each time you play, you have to install the game. Once you quit the game though, you will need to reinstall again when you play again. This means uninstalling then reinstalling the game. Not a convenient solution but it will allow you to continue playing.

I made a backup of my save files. I've been replaying the game and so far everything is going well. I hope it won't happen again. However, we really do need a patch for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSanta View Post
    I am having the same exact issue. It isn't a corrupt save issue. I have found a work around for now. It is a bit of a pain but it won't mean restarting the game. Each time you play, you have to install the game. Once you quit the game though, you will need to reinstall again when you play again. This means uninstalling then reinstalling the game. Not a convenient solution but it will allow you to continue playing.
    I tried and your work around works!

We need absolutely a patch for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaRRoT View Post
    I tried and your work around works!

We need absolutely a patch for this.
    Awesome! I'm glad it worked for someone else.

Yes, there needs to be a patch. Hope someone is reading this thread.

My Experience

I'm not sure how far I got the first time this happened, personally I dont think it happens at a certain percentage. I get the same problem as everyone else where as soon as I load my game the xbox freezes. When i transferred everything to my other xbox it loaded perfectly. I moved along in the campaign, loaded it back to my other xbox and it froze again. I installed the game and then it worked. I progressed again, quit to main menu, shut off my xbox and today it froze again.
    I hope this helps you in solving the problem and I want to let you know you guys do a great job and I'm sorry there's so much ignorance from the players that badger you guys so bad. Thanks again
    Ryan

He had no right posting an angry comment like that but dont assume we have damaged save files. Alot of people are having this issue and some of the suggestions work once, and then not again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast