Page 83 of 126 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3148

Thread: Lara & Sam! | please read OP before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    But... you just did
    Look who started it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Look who started it first.
    That's a childish argument

(obviously no offence intended)

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    That's a childish argument

(obviously no offence intended)
    No it's not. If someone can't respect me and talk like a grown up person, then i'll do the same.
    To the person who started first, of course.

No it's not. If someone can't respect me and talk like a grown up person, then i'll do the same.
    Yeah, that's the childish way.

Anyway, do what you want. If you want to have that attitude, the choice is obviously up to you. But at least don't say that you never called someone else's posts stupid, cause you did. I don't care if that ''someone else'' called you your post stupid before, it really doesn't matter. You called his posts stupid.

PS: I think we're going OT

^And that's your view on what's childish and what's not.

And yes, we're going OT.

Edit: I will delete my post and report him. It's best, i think.

To the person who started first, of course.
    Calm down and don't take things so seriously. It's a forum and it is meant to be fun so maybe that means someone will give you a bit of a hard time. I just thought it was a bit funny that people are still holding onto some kind of hope despite what the developers themselves said.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Calm down and don't take things so seriously. It's a forum and it is meant to be fun so maybe that means someone will give you a bit of a hard time. I just thought it was a bit funny that people are still holding onto some kind of hope despite what the developers themselves said.
    And what made you think that i was keeping any hopes?
    I've already read that dev post, you know. We're just discussing here and nothing more.... If you want to post only to call other posters stupid, then go on.

I would say back to topic, guys.

Just fyi though, you don't have to be gay in order to like a woman. That's why bisexuals are for.
    Yeah but then there would still be that possibility of some guy going between them and I think this is more likely than another woman Lara could be interested in. Also I'm just trying to be realistic since making Lara gay was something Rhianna mentioned by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    I think you're making a rash assumption that Lara is a cold blooded killer, based on the older games. And while 21yr old Lara here did kill, it wasn't cold or driven out of any blood lust frenzy. It was for the most part reactive; to how the solarii were relentlessly threatening her, and the need to rescue Sam, and overall the goal to survive and get everybody from the Endurance off the island and to safety (since she feels responsible for them).

I firmly believe that outside extreme circumstances, Lara will be able to exhibit well adjusted attitude. So I don't think anything of Lara's personality will scare off any potential suitor's who might be afraid that she would snap and kill them for no reason, or anything along those lines.

But more generally speaking, I never said it would be easy for Sam to get Lara more active, or arrange that hook up. Lara's stubbornness seems to be a consistent factor, lol. But just as Lara never gave up on Sam on Yamatai, likewise it's pretty safe to say there's no way in hell Sam will give up on Lara
    And here I come to put the derailed train back on the rails.

There were a few bits in TR9 when Lara seemed way too interested in wrecking the Solarii. (Ex: When she blows up the Russian with a grenade launcher, she tries to be intimidating to the running enemies. She also directly destroyed a section of the Shantytown where she looks for Sam. I've also noticed that she is more unhinged and dumb when attempting to rescue her, which I suppose is fine.

Most importantly, since this is the origin story set of games for the jaded, murderous, scumbag Lara Croft presumably 10-15 in-game years in the future shown in some other canon TR games and movies, then it is inevitable that this Lara will eventually be like her. Even if her transformation from an alright person to scumbag doesn't happen onscreen, it will happen at some time. Since Sam is effectively the only one keeping Lara from becoming a scumbag, I presume that Sam's influence will weaken or outright stop over time. This doesn't necessarily mean that Sam will give up on Lara, though.

Also, if Sam somehow manages to hook Lara up with a guy before Lara totally transforms into scumbag mode, then the man could be in some serious trouble when Lara eventually does, unless he greatly invests in personal protection for the times she becomes angry. There's similar problems with the Sam & Lara matchup too; when Lara becomes distant and standoffish, a relationship between them will be very hard to keep together.

Murphdawg1, I deleted your post with the insulting image. Don't post things like that here anymore and voice your disagreement in a more civil manner next time. VaBanes, same goes for you ("stupid example").

Wild, we don't care who started slinging the insults; it's not a justification to go around breaking the forum rules yourself as well in retaliation.

Right, that's done... back on topic now, folks.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Murphdawg1, I deleted your post with the insulting image. Don't post things like that here anymore and voice your disagreement in a more civil manner next time.

Wild, we don't care who started slinginig the insults; it's not a justification to go around breaking the forum rules yourself as well in retaliation.

Right, that's done... back on topic now, folks.
    Fair enough. I wasn't trying to insult anyone but I suppose my attempt at humor didn't turn out well.

VaBanes, same goes for you ("stupid example").
    I'm sorry. I edited it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I_Jedi View Post
    And here I come to put the derailed train back on the rails.

There were a few bits in TR9 when Lara seemed way too interested in wrecking the Solarii. (Ex: When she blows up the Russian with a grenade launcher, she tries to be intimidating to the running enemies. She also directly destroyed a section of the Shantytown where she looks for Sam. I've also noticed that she is more unhinged and dumb when attempting to rescue her, which I suppose is fine.

Most importantly, since this is the origin story set of games for the jaded, murderous, scumbag Lara Croft presumably 10-15 in-game years in the future shown in some other canon TR games and movies, then it is inevitable that this Lara will eventually be like her. Even if her transformation from an alright person to scumbag doesn't happen onscreen, it will happen at some time. Since Sam is effectively the only one keeping Lara from becoming a scumbag, I presume that Sam's influence will weaken or outright stop over time. This doesn't necessarily mean that Sam will give up on Lara, though.

Also, if Sam somehow manages to hook Lara up with a guy before Lara totally transforms into scumbag mode, then the man could be in some serious trouble when Lara eventually does, unless he greatly invests in personal protection for the times she becomes angry. There's similar problems with the Sam & Lara matchup too; when Lara becomes distant and standoffish, a relationship between them will be very hard to keep together.
    But once again this comes down to assumptions. This is a reboot, not a prequel. So we can't be certain Lara will be exactly like the character of the previous installments, to say nothing of becoming a "scumbag" over time.

Even going by the example you use, where Lara strikes with the grenade launcher (what takes place in the old palace grounds), sure we see her get really violent and throw out a few aggressive remarks. BUT, let's look at all this from a sequential context.

We first see a very frightened girl running from the strange and unknown hostiles, then having to defend herself. Even in the earlier conflicts, Lara's combat stance is more defensive, just doing what she has to, to survive. By the time we get to that stage of the story, this is a Lara who's been relentlessly hounded and assaulted by these savage locals. So when being pushed too hard and too often, that's when Lara pushes back. So yeah it's only natural to be angry at this point where she responds with the threats of her own.

Do you really believe anybody would react differently after going through all that? This is the Flight or Fight instinct. But since we know Lara isn't a coward, it's fight rather than flight.

But it's also important to realize, that she fights back against those who provoked her first. She's not the one instigating the conflict, but yeah she will react when provoked. All that said, her having been threatened by some people on an island doesn't mean she'll become automatically hostile in every other encounter. While she may be scarred by the events, she seems level headed enough to know how to keep events separate, and not lump everybody she meets together as "the bad guy" because of a few deranged lunatics.

Let's give Lara a little credit here
    signature image

I'm glad to see you brought up Lara's mentality. I'm going to compare several things you said to things Captain Walker from Spec Ops: The Line did. Also, nearly everyone agrees that Walker is insane, clearly suffering from PTSD, and is prone to extreme acts of violence.

Also, I do not view what Lara did as evil, for any who may think so, but what she did may make her extremely unhinged, pushing her towards a scumbag Lara personality. This kind of personality could cause problems in the Sam-Lara relationship, shipping or otherwise.

But once again this comes down to assumptions. This is a reboot, not a prequel. So we can't be certain Lara will be exactly like the character of the previous installments, to say nothing of becoming a "scumbag" over time.
    Sure, Lara won't be exactly like other incarnations of Lara, but there is a very good chance she will be very much like her. Nearly every other incarnation of Lara - except maybe the Lara from the comic continuity, I know nothing about that incarnation - is or becomes a scumbag. If this Lara does not become a scumbag, then in addition to being the first incarnation to not become one, some fans may feel that this Lara is just a woman who happens to be named Lara Croft instead of Lara Croft.

Even going by the example you use, where Lara strikes with the grenade launcher (what takes place in the old palace grounds), sure we see her get really violent and throw out a few aggressive remarks. BUT, let's look at all this from a sequential context.

We first see a very frightened girl running from the strange and unknown hostiles, then having to defend herself. Even in the earlier conflicts, Lara's combat stance is more defensive, just doing what she has to, to survive. By the time we get to that stage of the story, this is a Lara who's been relentlessly hounded and assaulted by these savage locals. So when being pushed too hard and too often, that's when Lara pushes back. So yeah it's only natural to be angry at this point where she responds with the threats of her own.
    In Spec Ops, during the destruction of the radio tower , sure we see Walker get really violent and throw out a few aggressive remarks. BUT, let's look at all this from a sequential context.

In Spec Ops, we first see a very confused person running from strange and unusual hostiles, then having to defend himself when shouting that he is not their enemy and to stop trying to kill him and his team. Even in earlier conflicts, Walker's combat stance is more defensive and merciful, just doing what he has to, to survive and find a way to fix the current situation. By the time we get to that stage of the story, this is a Walker who's been relentlessly hounded and assaulted by the savage 33rd. So when being pushed too hard and too often, that's when Walker pushes back. So yeah it's only natural to be angry at this point where he responds with the threats of his own.

Do you really believe anybody would react differently after going through all that? This is the Flight or Fight instinct. But since we know Lara isn't a coward, it's fight rather than flight.
    It is true, I don't really believe anybody would react differently after going through all that. This is the Flight or Fight instinct. But since we know Lara and Walker aren't cowards, it's fight/slaughter things in retaliation rather than flight.

But it's also important to realize, that she fights back against those who provoked her first. She's not the one instigating the conflict, but yeah she will react when provoked. All that said, her having been threatened by some people on an island doesn't mean she'll become automatically hostile in every other encounter. While she may be scarred by the events, she seems level headed enough to know how to keep events separate, and not lump everybody she meets together as "the bad guy" because of a few deranged lunatics.
    Now here is the part I very much doubt is true. The player might get some of the blame for this, but Lara can and will shoot someone dead if they happen to be Solarii. Doesn't matter if the guy was startled and is shooting her in self-defense, doesn't matter if the guy is reasonably angered because she brutally killed his sibling, and doesn't matter if the guy only joined because he wants to get off the island alive (and therefore the only difference between he and Lara is that he's male and Solarii): If you're Solarii, you're a dead man to Lara.

The few deranged lunatics you mentioned would be those Solarii you first meet where Lara first kills a man. After mentioning how easy it was to slaughter her way through their base, she continues killing everyone she doesn't know and never stops. This is suspiciously similar to how Walker handled his enemies in Dubai, with the people in the bunker scared of the CIA being the deranged madmen, with everyone else forced to shoot at Walker in self-defense, because "Oh no, he can't be stopped and wants to kill us all."

Let's give Lara a little credit here
    I suppose that a number of the killings she did were necessary, like those times of when Lara is detected and the enemy is already shooting you. However, when you sneak up behind someone, you aren't allowed to knock him unconscious or incapacitate him; all you can do is snap his neck!

The similarities between Lara Croft and Walker are strangely numerous. This is just extra stuff if the above similarities did not convince you of how similar Lara and Walker are, in both their situations and mind.Examples:
    1. The 33rd genuinely wants to evacuate everyone from Dubai. The Solarii genuinely want to evacuate the island. (Mathias makes his intention very clear.)
    2. Walker also wants to evacuate everyone from Dubai, since the 33rd has been doing a poor job. Lara also wants to get the Endurance crew off the island. (She doesn't really care about anyone else though.)
    3. In the beginning parts of the games, Lara/Walker encounter their main enemies. Lara shoots a guy in the head. Walker is suspected of helping the 33rd's enemies. Due to this obvious hostility, nearby enemies shoot at them. Lara/Walker plead them to stop, "You don't have to do this!", "We are not CIA!","Do the words friendly fire mean anything to you?".
    4. Both are accustomed to murdering their enemies at this time. Their executions are also somewhat merciful. (Lara stoves in a guy's head with a rock, Walker shoot a downed enemy in the head once.)
    5. Lara does not seem to have a time when she snaps. Walker's time is...obvious.
    6. They both intend to find someone they know very well, although their intentions for doing so differs.
    7. In an attempt to get Sam and severely weaken Solarii power, she blows up a significant portion of Shantytown and starts yelling at her enemies. Walker attacks the radio tower, destroys the place, and yells at his enemies. Lara/Walker escape via helicopter. Lara threatens the pilot who was risking his life just to get to her. Walker orders the helicopter into a sandstorm. Predictably, Lara/Walker crash. A person important to Lara/Walker are killed shortly after.
    8. Walker and Lara show no mercy towards their enemies at this time. Lara will torture her enemies briefly with her climbing axe before they inevitably die, and Walker's executions involve beating someone to death with his bare hands.
    9. Mathias slightly tries to fill in Konrad's role and taunt Lara about what she had to do to get to the endgame. Lara does not respond. Walker says he didn't mean to hurt anyone.
    10. Lara/Walker then recover someone very important to their psyche. For Lara, it's Sam; for Walker, it's Konrad. Only Walker gets a discussion about what he did, though.

Even though Lara doesn't get the hallucinations and missed the "snap" section, she otherwise went through very similar obstacles as Walker, and that may be enough to hurt her mind. Since she never snapped at a certain point, suitors found by Sam would need extreme care in making sure they don't set Lara off - the results would be drastic.

found this amusing little stories on FB:

Lara asking for an advice ( Very funny)
    September 1, 2013 at 3:14am

Lara: Reyes I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?

Reyes: Lara, have you forgotten that you are the reason we are here?

Lara: That’s no fair Reyes.

Reyes: You right, I shouldn’t have said that, it’s just… I need help to fix the PT boat…

Lara: Alex, I need your help: I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?

Alex: Look I’ll be the first to admit that I usually go in for the weird stuff, but this story is off the charts

Lara: Wh… What? Alex! Are you there?

Lara: Jonah, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?

Jonah: I know you think your instincts are weakness, but they are strength.

Lara: Ok, but I still don’t know what to do

Jonah: Trust them!

Lara: Oh… so, I guess I’ll try.

Lara: Dott. Withman, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?

Withman: So Sam likes you, this is an anthropological marvel, Lara!

Lara: An anthropological marvel? Dott. Withman I’m being serious about this.

Withman: Oh, come on Lara! Don’t tell me you are being serious. I simply refuse to bet my reputation on your hunch

Lara: …..

Lara. Roth, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?

Roth: Easy, Easy Lara. I remember when you found that on one of your father’s digs. You ran up and showed it to me dressed in your penguin pajamas

Lara: But, Roth, I was just five years old, and besides this has nothing to do with Sam. Roth? Are you listening?

Lara: Grim, you are my last choice. I really need your help. Sam have a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now? What is going to be of our friendship? I’m confused and I believe she is confused too. We are in the same boat.

Grim: Ship, Lara, It’s a ship
    signature image

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I found this on deviantart, it's too funny and i want to share it here.

I think they are sort of text messages sent by lara to her crewmates when they where on Yamatai

Lara: Reyes I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?
    Reyes: Lara, have you forgotten that you are the reason we are here?
    Lara: That’s no fair Reyes.
    Reyes: You right, I shouldn’t have said that, it’s just… I need help to fix the PT boat…

Lara: Alex, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?
    Alex: Look I’ll be the first to admit that I usually go in for the weird stuff, but this story is off the charts
    Lara: Wh… What? Alex! Are you there?

Lara: Jonah, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?
    Jonah: I know you think your instincts are weakness, but they are strength.
    Lara: Ok, but I still don’t know what to do
    Jonah: Trust them!
    Lara: Oh… so, I guess I’ll try.

Lara: Dott. Withman, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?
    Withman: So Sam likes you, this is an anthropological marvel, Lara!
    Lara: An anthropological marvel? Dott. Withman I’m being serious about this.
    Withman: Oh, come on Lara! Don’t tell me you are being serious. I simply refuse to bet my reputation on your hunch
    Lara: …..

Lara. Roth, I need your help: Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now?
    Roth: Easy, Easy Lara. I remember when you found that on one of your father’s digs. You ran up and showed it to me dressed in your penguin pajamas
    Lara: But, Roth, I was just five years old, and besides this has nothing to do with Sam. Roth? Are you listening?

Lara: Grim, you are my last choice. I really need your help. Sam has a crush on me, she… she kissed me, what I’m supposed to do now? What is going to be of our friendship? I’m confused and I believe she is confused too. We are in the same boat.
    Grim: Ship, Lara, It’s a ship

Ops, i haven't noticed your post Metalrocks, sorry guys

"Grim: Ship, Lara, It’s a ship"

LOL

Salon: “Where are the gay characters in video games?” [Link]

Lara is not a strong character? WTF

Lara doesn't kick ass?!

Lara has to escape a bad situation and that is somehow a bad thing for a videogame character?

Ugh... I really don't get these ignorant people.

---

On a more lighter note...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Must be from trf

sam stepped on her own foot from the looks of it

but seriously, lara has no character??? i wish that the other characters would have more character as lara. i still dont know their names and have no feeling if they died.
    signature image

Salon: “Where are the gay characters in video games?” [Link]

Lara doesn't kick ass?!

Lara has to escape a bad situation and that is somehow a bad thing for a videogame character?

Ugh... I really don't get these ignorant people.

While the article had nice points for other things, I facepalmed so hard when I read the comment about Lara and Samus Aran. Are you kidding me.

Lara Croft and Samus Aran aren't strong women? Wat.

^ I really wonder what you think those good points are then, because reading the article I certainly can't find any. Well, apart from the "games could be more diverse" bit, which is not so much a good point (as in, original thought) as it is just plain common sense.

I actually found that article to be very messy and it looks like the author doesn't really know what she's talking about nor understands the real issues that lay below those cliches that the article mainly consists of.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

sam stepped on her own foot from the looks of it

but seriously, lara has no character??? i wish that the other characters would have more character as lara. i still dont know their names and have no feeling if they died.
    Someone died?

Heh, but seriously - that statement is just KEE-RAY-ZEE and I couldn't believe I read that. If Lara isn't a strong character, I don't know who the hell is!

If you ask me, it's just BS to make people believe that the "problem" is bigger than it actually is.

Edit: reading your post again, it seems you think the person meant strong as in "elaborate" or "complex", which isn't the case. The person meant that Lara is weak as in "not kicking ass."

---

@pirate1802 - thanks for removing that spoiler

Page 83 of 126 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast