Page 22 of 126 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Lara & Sam! | please read OP before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar78 View Post
    Cortana? Um... no.
    Different Jennifer. Jennifer Lee Taylor, to be precise. Also great voice!

Quote Originally Posted by digginglara View Post
    A prequel to the prequel! Love it!

And someone please hand Rhianna a pen, so she can start writing.

P.S. Love your banner, btw. Especially how you're totally into Sam, yet are still relaxed enough to poke a little harmless fun with her.
    *high fives* You're great.

And thank you about the banner. Poor Sam needs some lovin, too. I know she spent most of her time captured, but I'd probably be as stupidly trusting and freaked out as she was in that situation. We can't all be Lara Croft. #TeamSam
    signature image

It's an equally widely known secret that Femshep is by far the superior choice when it comes to voice acting. Jennifer Hale is a godess, really! (And I'm sure she doesn't come cheap. So I say they invested plenty in Femshep) Same for Laura Bailey, btw (Saints Row: The Third). I dunno, but these female voices are just astounding, in dynamic, intonation, well, in everything!
    I have but one thing to say about Miss Bailey....

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

You don't like her?!! :shocked: She's all manner of funny and sexy, really (judging by her voice).

Is that appropriate behavior for a mod/admin? everyone is gonna follow your example now
    signature image

It would have been good if Lara had a relationship with someone in the game, I hope in the next one she does.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

You don't like her?!! :shocked: She's all manner of funny and sexy, really (judging by her voice).
    Au contraire, good Sir. I LOVE Laura Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Daftvirgin View Post
    Is that appropriate behavior for a mod/admin? everyone is gonna follow your example now
    Before you jump to any conclusions, I advice you to do a bit of research on the GIF I posted

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

So... have we met?

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Lara was at a boarding school eh!
    Seems very probable, if we assume her parents were (almost) always abroad on some excavations. When she was young, probably traveled with them (penguin pajamas time!), but when she grew older, she needed stable education, only visiting them on holidays.

And while my main Shepard is male, I had few playthroughs with femShep, and I think she is great and fully fleshed character. Even cutscenes, conversations are different depending who you play.
    On the other hand, in Dragon Age my main character is female (elf rogue )
    Herakleides on deviantART

Pfew. You had me worried there for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Argaios View Post
    Seems very probable, if we assume her parents were (almost) always abroad on some excavations. When she was young, probably traveled with them (penguin pajamas time!), but when she grew older, she needed stable education, only visiting them on holidays.
    I can believe that being the case. I'll go ahead and type what the guide says about Lara as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TR Limited Edition Guide: Lara
    When Lara was young she traveled with her parents on many of their archaeological expeditions. These expeditions and the mysteries they uncovered helped shape the woman she was becoming. It was on one of these expeditions that her parents vanished and were presumed dead.

Even though Lara's family left her with a vast fortune, giving her means to attend Cambridge with ease, she decided that she wanted to earn her own way and would instead apply to the University College of London. This decision required her to pay tuition and rent by working multiple jobs. Though this was a much tougher choice, it helped Lara become more grounded and level headed than she might otherwise have been.

Becoming a student at UCL also kept her with Sam, Lara's friend since boarding school. It was because of Sam's free spirit and wild streak that Lara was able to experience much more of London than just the universities and museums that she loved so much. Their desire for adventure drew them both toward the expedition aboard the Endurance.

Lara is certain she knows the location of the legendary island of Yamatai and this expedition is her chance to prove herself.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar78 View Post
    Cortana? Um... no.
    Just looked...I stand corrected.
    Don't know where I got Jennifer Hale from.

<------slinks away.....hides
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Just looked...I stand corrected.
    Don't know where I got Jennifer Hale from.
    From Jennifer Lee Taylor.

From Jennifer Lee Taylor.
    D'oH!

Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    I can believe that being the case. I'll go ahead and type what the guide says about Lara as well.

Is that written in the strategy guide or the art book? I'll have to get myself one of these.
    signature image

Before you jump to any conclusions, I advice you to do a bit of research on the GIF I posted
    Oh I know where its from, but still.... Its a large fat butt right in your face, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    So... have we met?
    I've seen you post in quite a lot of threads
    signature image

Is that written in the strategy guide or the art book? I'll have to get myself one of these.
    It's from the strategy guide. This is the one that I bought: Clickie

Although I have the art book as well, and I definitely suggest purchasing it. It's quite big with awesome pictures.
    signature image

Oh I know where its from, but still.... Its a large fat butt right in your face, right?
    Laura IS Shin. Her voice acting is what makes him so awesome. The ass-dance is Shin's most famous trademark. The pic was meant as an homage to Laura's work

Rhianna Pratchett interview with KillScreen

Interview here

-- Not sure if a thread was made on this.

I like her points in this, but Lara should be kept straight or whatever she was.

Some things in this interview annoyed me and caused me to research her a bit more and I even asked about her to my boyfriend who commented on how she had the involvement in gay relationships in Mass Effect and how badly done they were.

I get where she's coming from too with how its cool to have gay/bi characters but I think characters - regardless of if they've been rebooted should have their sexuality left alone because of the fact there's pleanty of room for a new character in gaming.

This point in particular made me laugh though

Lara Croft gets a lot more scrutiny than Nathan Drake does, as a female. Nobody talks about how well Nathan Drake is representing men, or male characters in games.
    I've never known Lara get scrutiny...Like ever.

Lara Croft gets scrutiny.

A -ton.

Hello, this entire game's campaign was scrutiny.

Scrutiny about the moaning, the rape scene, everything. She can't do somehting without one asking "how does this reflect on ALL women?"

Anyways.

It doesn't much matter if Lara's sexuality is changed, because as you've shown, nobody really knows what it was. It was never really a deal. It's not something significant enough that it's become a staple.

Honestly gay lara is irrelevent to tomb raider. Any relationship would be. Its okay to ship but to change lara in general wouldnt be good imo

Edit: fair play about the scrutiny. Nathan Drake doesnt get it because hes not a super popular male character imo

Lara has shown a lot of love and care for her friend Sam, and it powered an entire journey.

If other characters end up showing up in Lara's adventures, it wouldn't be totally off to give her a love interest.

It's not that gay Lara is irrelevant to Tomb Raider, it's that Lara as a person expressing any romantic emotions is irrelevant to Tomb Raider.

I prefer to see drama come from the mythological and historical aspects of the narrative than between Lara and a love interest, or a parent, etc...

Though Lara has never been notably heterosexual, at least enough for myself to realize. Her sexuality is easily concealed beneath all of the wonder that is Lara Croft.

Exactly what you said, I just think sexuality or relationships or any unneccessary drama is totally irrelevent to what the game is about

Though I found it satisfying and exciting to see Lara take control and save Sam, and the way she was protective of her was so heartwarming and bad ass. It made everything she did just that much more awesome.

So I'm not opposed to it.

I'll take anything from the story as long as I'm not lead down a linear path.

I'm always excited when this topic gains more life. I feel like I have a cot in the back of this thread where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Though I found it satisfying and exciting to see Lara take control and save Sam, and the way she was protective of her was so heartwarming and bad ass. It made everything she did just that much more awesome.

So I'm not opposed to it.

I genuinely found Lara's story much more enjoyable because she did have all of those emotional ties. Some were greater than others (poor Jonah was just kinda there), but her desire to save Sam was such a burning force. I say this outside of my #TeamSam box. While experiencing Lara's struggle to survive was amazing in itself; the fact she had so much determination to save the rest of her friends, and particularly Sam, just made the whole experience even better. Watching her charge into impossible situations to save Sam left a greater impact on me than if she was doing it only to save herself.

So with that said.. those of you that are opposed to a love interest in TR games, what was your opinion on the strong friendship that was introduced? Do you feel like it took away or added to the story? (In a lot of ways, if Lara had simply been a male instead, her entire situation with Sam wouldn't be all that different from typical hero saves and gets the girl scenario)
    signature image

Page 22 of 126 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast