Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3148

Thread: Lara & Sam! | please read OP before posting!

  1. #3051
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Reinedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    welcome to the forum btw [/COLOR]
    Thanks you
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    [COLOR="Lime"]what Rai said. living together doesnt mean they are a couple.
    I disagree, if I don't know more, I haven't to imagine other than that. Why I have to ? because they're two woman ?

    Now you said that they only share appartement (sniff ^^) so, ok they're not a couple but without this information, I haven't to imagine other than they're a couple.

  2. #3052
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    what rai said. living together doesnt mean they are a couple. and yes, they are in separate rooms......for now

    welcome to the forum btw
    I have a feeling Sam won't be around much longer

  3. #3053
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    I have a feeling Sam won't be around much longer
    You. Take. That. Back!!

    And I wonder if this thread should also be migrated to the ROTTR board that is the new primary
    signature image

  4. #3054
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    You. Take. That. Back!!

    And I wonder if this thread should also be migrated to the ROTTR board that is the new primary
    Why when Sam may not even be in the game

  5. #3055
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    When you know that two woman live together, did your first thing is that they're friends ?
    Okay... I.... *think* I know now what you're asking, heh.

    Well, it depends, really. For example, we used to have two men living together in the apartment across the hall from us in our apartment building. In that particular situation, yes, I did make the assumption that they were probably a gay couple. Though that was in large part because of their age. They were both middle-aged men. If they were younger (say, Lara's age) then I would be far less inclined to assume that they are a couple.

    When it comes to women (especially young women, like Lara and Sam), it's even less likely that they would be a couple just because they live in the same flat. Women are by nature more close / affectionate with each other than men are. Lots of (young) women share the same flat even after their college years simply because of having to pay less rent and/or enjoying each other's company. You know, like a girls slumber party kind of thing, heh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Well, "common sense" was for two people living together, not two people shared a flat, that is different.
    Ah, right, gotcha.

    Well, where did you get the "living together" phrase from then anyway, if I may ask? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was phrased like that in the official comics. Perhaps it was someone in this thread that worded it that particular way?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  6. #3056
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Why when Sam may not even be in the game
    signature image

  7. #3057
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Thanks you


    I disagree, if I don't know more, I haven't to imagine other than that. Why I have to ? because they're two woman ?

    Now you said that they only share appartement (sniff ^^) so, ok they're not a couple but without this information, I haven't to imagine other than they're a couple.

    lol, now you know.

    and as you can clearly see, i support the fact of them being together. yes, they are together sharing the same flat, but if you actually read the comics, already in issue 1 you see how lara runs in to sams room.
    but who knows, maybe it will happen


    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Why when Sam may not even be in the game

    you are playing a very dangerous game here.

    AA and me have already traced your IP and will launch a full nuclear strike if you dont take it back what you have said.

    yes, i was wondering that my self as well if this should not be moved to the TR10 thread.
    signature image

  8. #3058
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Why when Sam may not even be in the game
    I think she will be, why ?
    L&S on beach *check*
    L&S on mountain *check*
    L&S on jungle *check*
    Miss L&S at home, cinema, ice rink ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Okay... Well, it depends, really...



    This is ordinary homophobia, you know that?
    You interpret what you want, not what they tell you. In other words, you decide for them, because it is not a straight couple.
    It never depend to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Ah, right, gotcha.

    Well, where did you get the "living together" phrase from then anyway, if I may ask? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was phrased like that in the official comics. Perhaps it was someone in this thread that worded it that particular way?
    Book 1 I think, not sure. but this page is clearly gay \o/

    Book 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    In issue 1 you see how lara runs in to sams room.
    but who knows, maybe it will happen
    [Ship On]
    Lara actually tends to destroy pillows with the ice axe .. that's why.. it's more safe for Sam
    [Ship Off]

  9. #3059
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    I have a feeling Sam won't be around much longer
    One can only hope.
    signature image

  10. #3060
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    How is Driber's observations homophobic?

    All we got from the comics is that Sam and Lara share the same flat. They have separate bedrooms, and Lara runs into Sam's room when Sam cries out/there's a noise and it turns out Sam has fallen. I actually thought Sam had been camping out on the sofa at first as she is seen with the cover on the floor with her by the sofa, which would suggest that Lara normally lives alone, with Sam staying over due to both of them feeling safer. However, the text doesn't reveal if they're 'living together' as a couple o flat sharing as fiends. The separate rooms give the implication of flat sharing though.

    Just seen the link given for issue 4. How is that 'clearly gay'? Lara's friend for years, Sam, is saying that Lara is the most important person to her. So only gay people can say that to each other? Friends can't? Especially if Sam and Lara are like sisters to each other. For instance, Lara is an only child, is Sam also? Their friendship could have given each other the sisters they never had. Lara states in the comics to Reyes that Sam is her 'best friend', by the same logic, I could say that this confirms them as just friends when that isn't necessarily the case. When it hasn't been stated either way.

  11. #3061
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    How is Driber's observations homophobic?

    All we got from the comics is that Sam and Lara share the same flat. They have separate bedrooms, and Lara runs into Sam's room when Sam cries out/there's a noise and it turns out Sam has fallen. I actually thought Sam had been camping out on the sofa at first as she is seen with the cover on the floor with her by the sofa, which would suggest that Lara normally lives alone, with Sam staying over due to both of them feeling safer. However, the text doesn't reveal if they're 'living together' as a couple o flat sharing as fiends. The separate rooms give the implication of flat sharing though.

    Just seen the link given for issue 4. How is that 'clearly gay'? Lara's friend for years, Sam, is saying that Lara is the most important person to her. So only gay people can say that to each other? Friends can't? Especially if Sam and Lara are like sisters to each other. For instance, Lara is an only child, is Sam also? Their friendship could have given each other the sisters they never had. Lara states in the comics to Reyes that Sam is her 'best friend', by the same logic, I could say that this confirms them as just friends when that isn't necessarily the case. When it hasn't been stated either way.

    yep, she does.
    on the last page of issue 3, she said to her: sam is my only real friend. she is all i have.

    in issue 4 page 9, she says this:
    i have one friend who loves me and understands me.
    signature image

  12. #3062
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Just seen the link given for issue 4. How is that 'clearly gay'?
    Lara dream.
    Lara dream of Sam.
    Lara dream that Sam tell her : you're the most important person in the world to me.

    Nah, you're right, this is not totaly gay at all

  13. #3063
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Lara dream.
    Lara dream of Sam.
    Lara dream that Sam tell her : you're the most important person in the world to me.

    Nah, you're right, this is not totaly gay at all
    So two close friends(especially female) can't say that to each other? I think you've been watching too much lesbian porn.

  14. #3064
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    This is ordinary homophobia, you know that?
    Just so you know, the next time you write something offensive like this you're out of here.

    Just like we have zero tolerance for racism, homophobia, etc, we also have zero tolerance for members calling each other "racist", "homophobe", etc willy nilly. That is unacceptable.

    Please take a moment to review our TOU and the rules of this thread in the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    You interpret what you want, not what they tell you. In other words, you decide for them, because it is not a straight couple.
    It never depend to you.
    Wut?!

    Errr, no, I'm not "deciding" for anyone who is gay and who is straight. How does that even make sense

    I have no idea why you would come up with such a thing, but I can only guess that you misconstrued my words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Book 1 I think, not sure. but this page is clearly gay \o/

    Book 4
    I don't see anything "clearly gay" on that page.

    Lara is the most important person to Sam, because they have been friends since they were young, and their friendship grew into a very close one. And I dunno... maybe the fact that Lara SAVED HER LIFE may play a role as well in Lara being the most important person to her?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  15. #3065
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Lara dream.
    Lara dream of Sam.
    Lara dream that Sam tell her : you're the most important person in the world to me.

    Nah, you're right, this is not totaly gay at all
    If my mom is the most important person to me does that mean incest?

  16. #3066
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    So two close friends(especially female) can't say that to each other?
    Well,

    Lara
    Sam ?
    How did you...
    I didn't, Lara. You're dreaming.
    Why are you crying?
    Because you're going to die, Lara.
    I know you've come to save me. you can't and you're going to die trying.
    You're the most important person in the world to me.
    You have to go back, Lara. forget about me.
    Sam.
    Sam.
    That's right?

    This isn't Sam tell to Lara but Lara dream that Sam tell her that. This very different. In this page Sam is not here, only Lara.

    So...

    Lara dream.
    Lara dream of Sam.
    Lara dream that Sam tell her : you're the most important person in the world to me.

    Is this not what is told on this page? Without any interpretation?

    Edit: I really think that is a very cute moment. I love this Lara.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I can only guess that you misconstrued my words.
    I hope that.

  17. #3067
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Is this not what is told on this page? Without any interpretation?
    But that's exactly what you're doing - you're interpreting the scene with "romance glasses" on.

    If you take the scene strictly at face value, there's no more "gayness" in it than a sibling telling her sister "I love you". Or a brother to his sister for that matter, if they are really close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    I hope that.
    Well, obviously.

    I mean, why in the name of uncle Sam's under shorts would I otherwise be advocating tolerance and gay rights so much?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  18. #3068
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Are you guys really still trying to convince everyone that Lara/Sam is canon? I swear some of you are like drug pushers, but for gay romance.
    signature image

  19. #3069
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    Lara dream.
    Lara dream of Sam.
    Lara dream that Sam tell her : you're the most important person in the world to me.

    Nah, you're right, this is not totaly gay at all
    Sam appeared to Lara in a dream to warn her. I dunno how she did it or even if Sam is doing that. It could very well be Lara's subconscious or it could be Himiko's hold on Sam is enabling Sam to appear in a dream. Also those men that are holding Sam, claim to have gifts of 'mesmerism, hypnosis, deception', perhaps they've found a way to plant this dream in Lara's mind to warn her off. Himiko also appears. The dream seems real to Lara, like she's seeing it, perhaps it's not a true dream . Either way, just because Lara is dreaming of Sam saying she's the most important person to her, doesn't mean they're lesbians. Really close friends that have known each other for years can also feel that way. Lara doesn't need to dream it, she likely already knows. Sam is also warning Lara not to go to her not to save her. Perhaps I can interpret that as Sam as breaking their friendship...but I won't .
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

    I don't see anything "clearly gay" on that page.

    Lara is the most important person to Sam, because they have been friends since they were young, and their friendship grew into a very close one. And I dunno... maybe the fact that Lara SAVED HER LIFE may play a role as well in Lara being the most important person to her?
    This too.

    Of course there's interpretation happening. A lot of what is happening in the comic is open to interpretation. It's a dream, but it's not as if Lara is having a sexy dream of Sam declaring her love (despite what some forum members might wish for ). It's a warning. You're interpreting those words as being from a lover, I and others are interpreting them as coming from a friend. Neither is facts.

  20. #3070
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    If you take the scene strictly at face value, there's no more "gayness" in it than a sibling telling her sister "I love you". Or a brother to his sister for that matter, if they are really close.
    I disagree.

    Lara
    Sam ?
    How did you...
    I didn't, Lara. You're dreaming.
    Why are you crying?
    Because you're going to die, Lara.
    I know you've come to save me. you can't and you're going to die trying.
    You're the most important person in the world to me.
    You have to go back, Lara. forget about me.
    Sam.
    Sam.
    This is not Sam tell to Lara that "you're..."

    Sam isn't here.

    Lara dream, yes or no?

    I interpreting nothing, only read the script.

    My edit was an interpretation: "gay or not, I think that's a very cute moment. I love this Lara"

  21. #3071
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    So Lara dreaming of Sam who has been kidnapped and in danger is undeniable proof they're gay lovers? How? You are interpreting that way. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over. You're not going to convince anyone you're right without explaining how.

    And more than that goes on in that dream. Sam tells Lara not to go back to save her. She's warning her. She's telling her Lara will die trying. She tells her to forget her (sam). Himiko also appears to tell her to stay away.

  22. #3072
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    I disagree.



    This is not Sam tell to Lara that "you're..."

    Sam isn't here.

    Lara dream, yes or no?
    Well, whether or not Lara was dreaming, reading that scene in a romantic way is still interpreting it beyond the message that is being conveyed there, which is that Lara should not endanger her life anymore. I really don't see anything "gay" about that at all.

    If she's dreaming, I can see how Rai's explanation would make perfect sense within the context of the narrative.

    If she isn't dreaming, then it's a simple case of Sam just not wanting Lara to get hurt again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    I interpreting nothing, only read the script.
    Well I disagree with that then. I do think that you're reading the script with "romance glasses" on, TBH.

    (Which isn't a bad thing, mind you )

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  23. #3073
    I think it's a very cute time.
    Unless I know that Sam was really there (that I don't know now) all words was from Lara. So, Lara, through the intermediary of Sam, talks to herself.
    So if I reread the script with that in mind:

    Lara dream.
    Lara
    Sam ?
    How did you...
    I didn't, Lara. You're dreaming.
    Lara dream of Sam.
    Lara brought Sam in her dream and realizes she dreams of Sam.
    I will not imagine how or why Lara dream of Sam. If I have to know CD, GS or RP will did it.

    Why are you crying?
    Because you're going to die, Lara.
    I know you've come to save me. you can't and you're going to die trying.
    It's clear, imho, Lara think that she will die and make cry Sam.

    You're the most important person in the world to me.
    Lara dream that Sam tell her : you're the most important person in the world to me.
    The Gold Shipper's Word ^^
    Sam has she ever said those words to Lara or Lara wants Sam to say it?
    Anyway, whether a gay point of view or not, it is a beautiful declaration of love for Sam by Lara.

    You have to go back, Lara. forget about me.
    Sam.
    Sam.
    Lara can she forget Sam and leave? No need to answer I think.


    This is my interpretation of this page and this page only.
    Anything with this page, the new Lara is 1000 times more interesting than the old Lara.
    I hope that I am understandable ^ ^


    Quote Originally Posted by Reinedragon View Post
    But this page is clearly gay \o/

    Book 4
    It's this page that I named gay and I really think it
    This page alone, there is a woman "A" who dreams that a woman "B" tell her she loves her and I will never be sorry to think that's totaly normal. This Page, alone, don't tell things like freindly/systerly/family-love and co to explain why "B" said that. Not a word, so why I have to think of possibility like that?

    I will not do it but I wonder if we did read this page to perfect strangers what they think. It would be interresting.

  24. #3074
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    as crazy at it sounds coming from me, but i have to agree with rai.
    lara clearly has affection for sam and that was clearly shown in the game as well. but as rai said, very possible that they were able to change or to plant the dream in to lara to deceive her. to lure her in to a trap to kill her and to obtain the gold piece of her. going a step further with the feelings they have for each other.
    and even if this works that they end up together because of that, which would be very sweet , i see it more as a trap.

    but then again, very possible that lara is still psychologically over whelmed from her horrific ordeal from the island and seeing sam almost being killed, that she feels closer to sam than before. the thought of losing her is a nightmare alone and thats why she simply does not want to give up on her. maybe secretly inside of lara, she always felt something for sam but rather keeps it to her self.

    girls do tend to have more emotions than men. if i would yell out that my friend is the most important person in the world to me, that would be seen as gay and my friend pretty much would stay far away from me.
    even when i have never heard any of my female friends, or other females, tell each other how important they are. regardless of being friends or more.
    so maybe you should see it from a more optimistic point of view that it could be one way or another.

    never the less, i still like that these 2 ending up together.
    signature image

  25. #3075
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    as crazy at it sounds coming from me, but i have to agree with rai.
    lara clearly has affection for sam and that was clearly shown in the game as well. but as rai said, very possible that they were able to change or to plant the dream in to lara to deceive her. to lure her in to a trap to kill her and to obtain the gold piece of her. going a step further with the feelings they have for each other.
    and even if this works that they end up together because of that, which would be very sweet , i see it more as a trap.

    A theory based on an external will of Lara, for manipulated her is interesting
    Why not, since there are fantastic in Tomb Raider. it is a possibility.

    Theory based on a terribly boring reality.
    With all the stress accumulated since Yamatai, Lara becomes a little crazy, especially in dreams, does not surprise me. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that this is the 4th time that Lara loses Sam. While Lara is afraid to die, despite all the love she has for her, and the envy of all drop is normal, right?


    [Joke]
    Or maybe Sam does everything for beat Peach to the number of kidnapping. It is on track, 4 times in less than a year, not bad girl ! I confess to having difficulty supporting this joke theory ^ ^
    [/Joke]

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    girls do tend to have more emotions than men.
    I think you would said that mens (generaly) are less expressive

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    never the less, i still like that these 2 ending up together.

Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •