Thread: Tomb Raider Wall Sidle/Broken Walkway Bug - Chasm Monastery

Tomb Raider Wall Sidle/Broken Walkway Bug - Chasm Monastery

I encountered a game-breaking bug during the wall-sidling portion of the Chasm Monastery, just after the Sheltered Alcove checkpoint.

After sidling to the broken walkway, I was prompted to jump from the wall to the decaying walkway. When I hit Space, the camera panned to the walkway but Lara did not follow the camera and didn't jump. The camera simply remained fixed on the broken walkway and none of the input for moving or jumping worked. All I could do was escape to the pause menu and exit.

Reloading the checkpoint from the menu didn't restore the sections of the walkway that had broken from before, and the same glitch occurred again. Quitting the game and restarting also had no effect. Each time I reach this point, the camera moves but Lara doesn't and the game becomes stuck in a sort of infinite loop.

Also, there are two NPCs that are part of a scripted event beyond the gate next to the Sheltered Alcove campfire. Another part of this bug is that one NPC would run though the wall and across the chasm. This didn't happen on the first time that I attempted this section, but happened on every subsequent attempt.

Am I the only one that's encountered this issue so far?

If it's relevant, I'm running a PC copy of Tomb Raider via Steam.

Hey!

I'm new here and I just wanted to tell you that I've run into this problem. What I've done is right before you get to the edge right before the open ledge, GO BACK, GO THE OTHER WAY. My game did a glitchy thing where Lara didnt go back but she walked right across the gap. I plugged my laptop in after it died and started the game and I was right at the spot after the open ledge! DON'T PRESS SPACEBAR WHEN IT ASKS. It'll trap you in the weird camera angle again.

Happy Tomb Raiding!!

RIO

How far back should I go? Like, back to the campfire and try it again? Or just back away and everything magically re-renders?

Hello SgtBuck,

please dont switch between the campfires/checkpoints. Maybe you´ll have the same prroblem like me, that you cant switch to the campfire in Chasm monastery.

Look here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134243

Greetz

Solution

I was going through the same thing and I found this thread trying to find a solution.

What ended up working was just waiting a long time before hitting space. I also pressed the movement buttons like a mad man. Hope this helps.

The problem I had isn't dealing with the campfire, but the wall-sidling section instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RIOICHI2 View Post
    I'm new here and I just wanted to tell you that I've run into this problem. What I've done is right before you get to the edge right before the open ledge, GO BACK, GO THE OTHER WAY. My game did a glitchy thing where Lara didnt go back but she walked right across the gap. I plugged my laptop in after it died and started the game and I was right at the spot after the open ledge! DON'T PRESS SPACEBAR WHEN IT ASKS. It'll trap you in the weird camera angle again.

Happy Tomb Raiding!!

RIO
    Another issue I encountered: As you suggested, I got to the gap and tried moving backwards but when I was prompted to hit Space, I lost all control of Lara and couldn't move backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBuck View Post
    Another issue I encountered: As you suggested, I got to the gap and tried moving backwards but when I was prompted to hit Space, I lost all control of Lara and couldn't move backwards.
    Hey there! I'd love to help but it would be great to have more information. We've got a few staffers on here who are around to answer questions, but filling out a ticket on our support website would be great. If you could also provide a photo of what's happening, it would be even better.

I appreciate it!

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
    Click on the “contact” button
    When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
    The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
    In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
    Click “Next” again
    This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
    Fill out the required information and click “Next”
    Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

Yeah I was trying to help you buck! When you're on that screen where it asks you to hit the space button just wait like 30 seconds before hitting space. Should fix it!

solution

This appears to be a physx problem...go into nvidia control panel and set physx settings to CPU. then go back into game and complete this section...physx can then be reset to nvidia card or auto detect.

Hope this helps you, it sure helped me.

Graphics settings solve glitch

Hello, I experienced the same loss of control. I the change from physx to cpu on your nvidia card did not solve the problem, do this. While in the game go to graphics and advanced, change everything to the lowest setting. Ghis will not only make the game play faster but it will get rid of the glitch. good luck.

I'm having the same exact problem. Did you find a fix for it?

Thumbs Up Tomb Raider 2013 FX and Glitch Bug Solution

I encountered a game-breaking bug during the wall-sidling portion of the Chasm Monastery, just after the Sheltered Alcove checkpoint.

After sidling to the broken walkway, I was prompted to jump from the wall to the decaying walkway. When I hit Space, the camera panned to the walkway but Lara did not follow the camera and didn't jump. The camera simply remained fixed on the broken walkway and none of the input for moving or jumping worked. All I could do was escape to the pause menu and exit.

Reloading the checkpoint from the menu didn't restore the sections of the walkway that had broken from before, and the same glitch occurred again. Quitting the game and restarting also had no effect. Each time I reach this point, the camera moves but Lara doesn't and the game becomes stuck in a sort of infinite loop.

Also, there are two NPCs that are part of a scripted event beyond the gate next to the Sheltered Alcove campfire. Another part of this bug is that one NPC would run though the wall and across the chasm. This didn't happen on the first time that I attempted this section, but happened on every subsequent attempt.

Am I the only one that's encountered this issue so far?

If it's relevant, I'm running a PC copy of Tomb Raider via Steam.
    I have been looking for a solution and finally it was successful. All you need to do is to download the Nvidia PhysX sowftare that can be found at:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9...31-driver.html

then after install, restart your games and try again. please comment if you are successful or not for members who experience similar problems

Good luck!

p/s: This software can also be used if your graphics card is not from Nvidia. (ATI, MSI, other ..)

Hey The New comer is right.. when you are at broken ledge and it says to jump.. don't just tap backwards lara ducks in jumping position then press jump. worked.