Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official PC Troubleshooting Thread

Official PC Troubleshooting Thread

Update March 7:

Quote Originally Posted by SlyRebirth View Post
    Hello!

We're aware that GeForce users are experiencing some issues with the PC version of Tomb Raider and we're working with our dev teams and NVIDIA to address them through a game patch and updated drivers.

We're sorry if you’ve been affected by these issues with your Tomb Raider experience on PC and we will keep you updated throughout via this forum thread.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...11#post1874311

---------------------

Here you’ll find a comprehensive thread for PC-specific issues with a focus on hardware, drivers, basic troubleshooting.

Please consult the FAQ below before posting in this thread to ensure your query has not already been addressed. Similar themed threads will be merged into this one, and the original post updated to reflect any new tips or fixes.

NVIDIA ISSUES

Some users of NVIDIA graphics hardware may experience intermittent game instability. To reduce the likelihood of this occurring, we advise that you either ensure that you are using the latest drivers for your specific configuration or install the latest NVIDIA Beta 134.14 drivers from the NVIDIA website. Reducing the ‘Quality’ setting from the ‘Advanced’ tab of your game options may also help.

We recommend that you reduce the graphical quality settings to 'ULTRA' or lower or set the 'Hair Quality' setting to 'Normal', if you do encounter any game instability when using ULTIMATE settings.

AMD ISSUES

Please note that using the ULTIMATE settings in Tomb Raider enables AMD’s TressFX hair technology. This feature is currently only supported when using AMD’s 13.2 BETA drivers, available from the official AMD website. Using older driver versions may cause instability for some users. We recommend that you reduce the graphical quality settings to 'ULTRA' or lower or set the 'Hair Quality' setting to 'Normal', if you do encounter any game instability when using ULTIMATE settings.

DIRECT 3D

If users get an error about Direct3D failing to initlize or crashing on starting up the game.

Please check you do not have ‘Exclusive Fullscreen’ set within the launcher options menu. There are issues with this working on some setups.

If none of the above resolve your issue, please post on this thread or visit http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider and submit a ticket via the 'Contact' button and include the following information:

- The name and model number of your graphics card
    - A copy of your DXDiag file text
    - A description of what you were doing in-game leading up to the issue occurring
    - A description of what you did when the issue occurred

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Direct3D Problem

Hello,

I get the Direct 3D - Error Message if I want to start the game, but I cannot check if I have the "Exclusive Fullscreen"-Option on, because the game crashes if I want to go into the Options.

I have an Intel HD4000 graphics which automatically switches to my NVIDIA Geforce 660M when its needed, I thought that maybe this might be the problem and it switches too late, but I tried to deactivate the HD4000 and then it used some standard windows driver and not the NVIDIA graphic card.

Enabling Exclusive Fullscreen (EF) was a major hassle on my system as it would give a "Failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" error on launching the game with it checked. I had to change the Aspect Ratio from Auto to 16:10, lower the resolution from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080, switch its refresh rate from 50 to 60 Hz and then the game would launch with EF enabled. I was then able to quit the game, switch back to 1920x1200 60 Hz and the game now plays with EF enabled as confirmed by the in-game options.
    Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz, ASUS Z87-Deluxe v1707, 16 GB, NVIDIA GTX 780, X-Fi Titanium HD, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

PC: NVIDIA issues

Hello!

We're aware that GeForce users are experiencing some issues with the PC version of Tomb Raider and we're working with our dev teams and NVIDIA to address them through a game patch and updated drivers.

We're sorry if you’ve been affected by these issues with your Tomb Raider experience on PC and we will keep you updated throughout via this forum thread.

Tomb Raider is an outstanding game but it's a pity you didn't coordinate with NVIDIA *before* the game was released and give them time to release fixed drivers. I watched an IGN playthrough a few weeks ago from December 2012 where the game they demoed crashed after a couple of minutes but the developers explained that they delayed the game's release a few months to polish it up and eliminate bugs like that crash. Roll forward to March 2013 and we NVIDIA graphics card owners are experiencing exactly the same kind of crashes shown in that IGN video!

Bugs and glitches happen, yeah, I know as the PC is a complex beast with its different hardware/software variations but there really is no excuse IMO for poor communication between yourselves and NVIDIA. All this does is make the publisher look sloppy and unprofessional as word of mouth gets out and websites report on it.
    Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz, ASUS Z87-Deluxe v1707, 16 GB, NVIDIA GTX 780, X-Fi Titanium HD, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

the game ran pretty heavy here!
    at first I thought similarity to the graphs of max payne 3, but max payne 3 runs very lightweight here, I decided to turn off the telessation, and keep other things in max, but it was necessary to put her hair into normal too, is the effect of tress very good, however it needs further optimization becomes heavy in the game especially when it comes to aim with the bow and arrow, and the hair too, shakes a lot, seems to float just move a little bit, it should float on the wind only

first game that was heavy for me here at home, I have Batman AC, Crysis 3, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3 among all other lightweight, only 3 crysis a bit heavy, but totally acceptable, though my vga is already old
    the graphics of the game are very good! but I think it is in need of an optimization as it is not to be so heavy in game, I thought!

in more great job, I was sad for not being able to use the tress, for now, we'll see in the next updates

AMD FX 8150
    8 GB Memory
    Nvidia GTX 460 SC 768 MB

What I don't get is what actually happened. I assume EIDOS / SQE were steadily sending early game versions over both to Nvidia and AMD. And I also assume that it mostly worked. And then suddenly, shortly before release, you send them code that, in parts, totally breaks the game. CTDs that are caused by the game usually count among the gamebreaking bugs that every developer tries to get rid of before launch. I know, because I was internal beta tester for a game.

So...what happened? Why was the code changed so drastically in such a short time? And in a way that is obviously not compatible with standard hardware / software available at the time? Developing above and beyond the standard...totally ilogical. Makes no sense.

Anyone has a plausible explanation from a developer view?

I totally agree with the last posts.

I have not bought a game at full price to play beta tester, experiment and report bug and glitches. If the game is not finished and need to be fixed in emergency (gamebreaking glitches, crashes, instability, lack of optimization) so why are we able to play it ?

Topics on which the consumers have to indicate to developers what they have to fix are not a normal feature. I have not seen anywhere that it was a community work-in-progress game.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyRebirth View Post
    Hello!

So are you actually going to acknowledge the fact that there are several PS3 gamers who experience freezing issues with the game making it totally unplayable?

It is alright mentioning Pc users but you are forgetting/ignoring ps3 gamers????

I want to report a bug with the tomb raider nvidia 3d vision experience.

The crosshair is not displayed in 3d ! I don't know if It's a bug or a forgotten feature. Anyway with a 2d crosshair it's obviously impossible to aim properly in a 3d game so I waste amno, die a lot and It ruins the game experience which is sad because except that bug the game looks great in 3d.

Hope a fix for the crosshair will be released soon, for now I stop the game

There are other feedback about crosshair issue here :

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134130

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...vivor-in-3d/7/

Please send this feedback to the dev team...

I waited so long for this game and i had to stop playing because of not being able to play game with all effects on fullscreen and because of huge fps drops in some areas.
    Plus TressFX is very glitchy and demanding. I am ok with not using it.
    But i am afraid that this is almost nothing compared to what some Nvidia users are complaining about. Forums are flooded with ppl complaining about many glitches, crashes, fps drops, freezing... i never though that this game will have so many problems but it's not first and not last game to have them.
    signature image

Nixxes are fixing the TressFX hair for NVIDIA users but it does beg the question of why earth they did not fix/optimize it *before* the game's release. Or were AMD graphics cards the priority due to Tomb Raider being an AMD branded game. Whatever the reason, it taints what is otherwise a terrific game but I guess we PC gamers should be used to this by now as it happens with almost every major release these days.

Fix the 3d crosshair,pleeeeeeaaase!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggotbrain View Post
    Fix the 3d crosshair,pleeeeeeaaase!
    This.

I bought a 660 Ti last month and picked up Tomb Raider a few days ago. I played the first 10-15 minutes or so of the game before I was getting some really crazy color distortions and finally game crashes. I won't be touching the game again until the problems are fixed and I can run with at least full Ultra graphics settings. I would personally rather wait and experience the game in high settings with my new graphics card, plus I don't want to take the chance of doing some kind of damage to my new baby. I don't mind waiting too much, I have other games to play, but I am a bit disappointed that I spent $50 dollars on a game I cannot play.

It seems like this kind of thing should not happen and it stinks that I now have to do a comprehensive search on a computer game before I buy it because I may not even be able to play it properly. First it was DRM and the like, now I have to make sure the game is even playable graphically. Here's hoping the drivers and fixes come quickly, I really want to play this game on Ultra or even benchmark again on Ultimate and see what performance I get.

About the 3D Vision crosshairs. While it would be best if you could make the crosshairs to work in 3D yourselves, but if that would be too much trouble, could you give a option to turn them off? This would allow for Nvidia's crosshairs to work.

Direct3D failed to initialize (PC, Steam version)

- The name and model number of your graphics card. AMD Mobility HD 5650
    - A copy of your DXDiag file text. I'm not allowed to attach files, lol. How am I gonna enclose Dxdiag.txt, guys? Here's download link: http://rghost.ru/private/44386013/38...05940f66af84a2
    - A description of what you were doing in-game leading up to the issue occurring. Can't get into game actually.
    - A description of what you did when the issue occurred. Clicking "Play" in Steam, receiving a message "Direct3D failed to initialize with current settings" (or smth equal - I have it in Russian), Settings window auto-opens. Whatever I do then it sends me the same message about D3D failed to initialize. Fullscreen unticked, lowest grahpics.

Quote Originally Posted by skudryavtsev View Post
    - The name and model number of your graphics card. AMD Mobility HD 5650
    - A copy of your DXDiag file text. I'm not allowed to attach files, lol. How am I gonna enclose Dxdiag.txt, guys? Here's download link: http://rghost.ru/private/44386013/38...05940f66af84a2
    - A description of what you were doing in-game leading up to the issue occurring. Can't get into game actually.
    - A description of what you did when the issue occurred. Clicking "Play" in Steam, receiving a message "Direct3D failed to initialize with current settings" (or smth equal - I have it in Russian), Settings window auto-opens. Whatever I do then it sends me the same message about D3D failed to initialize. Fullscreen unticked, lowest grahpics.
    The display drivers you are using are from January 2010. You would be best to get these updated either from the AMD website http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx or from your laptop manufacturers website.

Many thanks, works now. Sorry for my stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by skudryavtsev View Post
    Many thanks, works now. Sorry for my stupidity.
    Awesome

VERY LOW FRAMES ON RADEON HD 4890

I'm experiencing a very low framerates playing Tomb Raider, expecialy where the environment maps are larger, the framerates fall to 5-10 FPS.

System:

Intel Quad Core 9550 @ 2.8Ghz
    ASUS P5Q3 Board
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
    6GB DDR3 1333 Corsair

For those of you who uses Nvidia cards, I've downloaded their latest beta driver and didn't have a single crash of the game since then, (been playing for about 3 hours) plus it runs smoother and the Tress FX hair works better as well.

I get around 100+ FPS in most areas except the larger ones, for example it drops down to around 25 - 30 in Mountain Village. Not sure what is causing this, I get great performance in every other game I play except Tomb Raider.

My specs are;

Processor - Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Motherboard - MSI B75A-G43
    Graphics Card - MSI Radeon 6970 HD Twin Frozr III 2.0 GB GDDR5
    RAM - 8192MB RAM (2x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance
    Operating System - Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

I've got the latest AMD drivers.

I had a problem with missing meshes, but traveling to another campsfire fix it.
    Im soo happy i didnt want to start all over

Steam Multiplayer

so since the last update, multiplayer on steam will NOT work, you can connect for all of a few seconds, and are then told that "You are no longer connected to steam. You will be returned to the main menu" i have checked steam and find that yes, i am connected. This problem does not extend to any other games in my library. Any ideas?? I was told to come to this page by the Tomb Raider facebook page, sorry if I am posting in the wrong place....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast