Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TombRaider ps3 crash, can't load save file at all

TombRaider ps3 crash, can't load save file at all

So Im about 64% of he way through and in the room with all the statuea of the sun queen and the game (and playstation) completely crashes so I have to restart. Now my save file won't work... It hangs when it starts zooming in on the island. Anyone have a fix? I really don't want to start the whole game again, especially if it is just going to happen again...

Loading a new game works fine, I've also tried restarting the ps3, removing the game, letting the plausyation cool down(though it wasn't that hot) and launching the game from a different profile

Sorry if this has heaps of typos, had to do this on my phone.

Sorry to say it sounds too like you have had it. Your only other option might be to get someone else's save game.
    signature image

Thanks for replying! I was definitely afraid of the especially because none of my mates are playing it... Ah well. Will probably just end up putting it aside for a few months and returning to it later! God damn I am sick of techno errors.

I apologize for the problem you are experience. If possible please try the following suggestion.

a. PS3
    i. Delete Game Data using the “Game Data Utility”
    1. From the “Game” menu on the Crossbar when game is NOT running
    2. Go to “Game Data Utility”
    a. Be careful NOT to use the “Game Save Data Utility”
    3. Delete the Game Data for Tomb Raider
    4. If you would like you may delete the game saves, but note any campaign progress will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SE_LaTanya View Post
    I apologize for the problem you are experience. If possible please try the following suggestion.

a. PS3
    i. Delete Game Data using the “Game Data Utility”
    1. From the “Game” menu on the Crossbar when game is NOT running
    2. Go to “Game Data Utility”
    a. Be careful NOT to use the “Game Save Data Utility”
    3. Delete the Game Data for Tomb Raider
    4. If you would like you may delete the game saves, but note any campaign progress will be lost.
    Not to start another thread.

I'm currently back inside the ship' trying to recover some tools and after the cutscene in which I am attacked by several enemies, after closing the door, the game crashed. However it's was not the first time this happened, now no recovery/ rebuild database is working.

I tried deleting the file in the game utility but to my surprise, I couldn't find any game utility data for this game. Any idea?

On the "Game" menu on the Crossbar when the game is not running, go to the Tomb Raider disk and press Triangle. Do you see an option for 'Saved Data Auto-Upload'

There is a similar issue plagueing the 360 version of the game aswell for some users, myself included. Basically the game freezes the console when you press continue. The screen zooms in, freezes and then your dead in the water with the only option being hitting the power button to shut the system off. I dont know the specific work arounds for the PS3 version but I know on the 360 installing and uninstalling the game will usually let you reload the game. Starting a new game in a different slot, playing it for a bit, quitting and then loading the save slot you actually want to continue also seems to work pretty well.

On the "Game" menu on the Crossbar when the game is not running, go to the Tomb Raider disk and press Triangle. Do you see an option for 'Saved Data Auto-Upload'
    I do, however it seems this is only available for gold member?!

Ah, sorry I meant to ask if you see that and some other options, just trying to make sure we're looking at the right thing. If the game is installed which is obviously is then their should be a game data utility open. This is the first time I've ever heard about it. I will look into this more.

Tomb raider ps3 freeze, unable to load save file

Well it happened to me. I'm 72% into the game. I haven't had one single issue until yesterday. Sorry for the “spoiler info" but I am in the room with sun queen statue, after the cutscene where she finds that scroll in the handle of the sword. Enemies entered, continued playing. Down to a couple enemies left, all of a sudden I lost sound completely, as if the tv was muted. I paused the game, still no sound. Resumed gameplay, walked about 3 steps and screen froze (game & console) rendering the controller useless. Restarted the ps3, game loaded fine but as soon as I went to continue the game it hangs onto the screen focusing on the island freezing the game and console again.

Things I've tried:
    Restarting the system
    Deleting game data from the game data utility
    Went back to the store and exchanged the game for another new copy.

Same problem persists. As frustrating as this is, it's a fantastic game and would love to continue playing it without having to restart a new game entirely.

It seems I have exactly the same problem. My save says that I'm at 66% of the game.

I'm on fat PS3.

Sorry for the spoil :
    **but I'm at the moment when Lara needs to get back to the beach because her friends are taking fire (you can hear it through the radio).**

So after the video with Reyes, I was looking around in the beach before leaving the area again. Guess what... PS3 blocked completely with sound being completely frozen like a scratched disc.

I had no option but doing a brutal restart of the console. Now I can't load my savegame again!!! Did'nt had any problem before that.

Please don't tell me that I have to replay the game from the beginning!!!! please...

Is it possible to provide us clean savegame corresponding to the moment we are stuck?

Does the trick by creating another savegame in another slot really works?

Unfortunately, we have found that if a game crashes/freezes then a saved corrupt files does occur. I am aware of people being able to share PC saved games (their are multiple threads about it), but I think for PS3 is a bit different. I deeply apologize for this issue and having to say that the best thing to do is restart the game save and multiple slots from now on. As we create more patches we always try to ensure that it will help stability issues to prevent crashing/freezing.

Hi again,

It is good to apologise at least but you could do one more thing.

As we can also share PS3 savegame, could you please provide me a savegame close to the moment where I was back on the beach? Maybe a bit before is OK.

I don't care about the experience or weapons modifications that I had.

I just want to go on with the main story.

I will certainly not restart from the beginning it represents hours of gaming investment and I don't want to give more of my time for sensations and cinematics that I already know (and which are fresh in my mind).

If you are not able to do this then I want a refund of my game. (the 34% which I did not play).

Thank you.

** message sent also by MP **

save file corruot

Yes, this seems to be a genuine problem and from the previous posts is occuring near the beach. My file went corrupt at about 67% as I had ascended the ship before going to the Endurance. I do not have the patience to restart the game nor am I a PlaystationPlus member.

Same problem...

I also have the same problem on my PS3; my game crashed / froze and I'im unable to load the savegame again. My progress was 92% and I also ask you kindly, Square Enix, to give me a working savegame.

I definitely don't want to play all this again.

Sometimes I wonder if the people over at Square-Enix even know what is going on in this game. From the posts I have seen in this thread it is clear SE don't even know that the game does NOT install on PS3. It doesn't even give you the option to install. (I want to be able to install the game. The least they could do is give us the option to do so).

The only data that gets installed on the PS3 version of the game is your DLC (if you have any) and patch/title update data. SE not knowing something about one of their own products should definitely raise a few eyebrows IMHO.

Anyway, for those of you on PS3, if you are having problems with your save files try this: (IMPORTANT! BACK UP ANY AND ALL DATA ON YOUR PS3 HARD DRIVE BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS. YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME FOR ANY AND ALL DATA LOSS):

OK, this is a last resort move, so only do this if nothing else helps. Go into the PS3 "SAFE MODE". Here is a link on how to do this: http://community.us.playstation.com/...E/td-p/5812274

Once you are in SAFE MODE first do a "Restore File System", and once that is done go into SAFE MODE again and then do a "Rebuild Database". After that is done be sure to set your DISPLAY SETTINGS back to whatever you want. (Going in to SAFE MODE resets the DISPLAY SETTINGS to defaults, so you are going to want to set these settings again once you are done with SAFE MODE).

Once all that is done check the "Game Data" as well as "Save Data" on your PS3 for any files that are listed as "Corrupted" and be sure to delete them. If there are no such files then just ignore this step. Try to load your Tomb Raider save now and see if it works.

Hi guys,

I also experienced a crash on the PS3 version of tomb raider. I was at a progress of 86%. Today when i started up the game pressing the continue button, all of a sudden the eidos logo showed up and I was right at the beinning of the game in the scavanger's den. The game save said 0% and all of my progress was lost. Why did this happen and what am I supposed to do? The game was running smooth all along.

Thanks for helping.

Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Badrrrr View Post
    Hi again,

It is good to apologise at least but you could do one more thing.

As we can also share PS3 savegame, could you please provide me a savegame close to the moment where I was back on the beach? Maybe a bit before is OK.

I don't care about the experience or weapons modifications that I had.

I just want to go on with the main story.

I will certainly not restart from the beginning it represents hours of gaming investment and I don't want to give more of my time for sensations and cinematics that I already know (and which are fresh in my mind).

If you are not able to do this then I want a refund of my game. (the 34% which I did not play).

Thank you.

** message sent also by MP **
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrrrr View Post
    Well guys, it seems that Square Enix will let us deal with their .

I sent them a mail from their official website asking for support.

To summarize, they say that:

1. They will not provide any savegame (which means they are too lazy to take the time to help their users, at least providing a working save game at 50% of the game for everybody would be helpful for many users!!!)

2. I have to back up my savegame regularly. (which means they are not professional. If I bought a console, it's not to play with file management with it!!!, They clearly ask the end customer to compensate the lack of development of their product)

This is clearly the last time I'm buying one of their game. I'm playing games since I'm a child and I'm 31 now. From what I remember, this is the worst bug I have ever had with a game... Not that I'm not convinced by their game, now I will do all I can to warn people around me that them or their products are not reliable. Because I will always remember this.
    FYI: SE cannot provide you with savegames because of policies, not because "they are lazy". Please do not start false rumours like this.

@Badrrrr and Lucullus and everyone who requested a savegame: If you want a clean savegame for PS3 EU, I would be happy to unofficially provide you with one as a personal favour, I have about 9 of them archived from my own playthrough, but the use of it is at your own risk

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

wtf......... i m stuck up....... same problem!!
    i m at 57%. escaping from the enemy 's base....
    i was just playing, suddend crash..... and i can't continue because it freezes as soon i press "continue" and i choose a save game slot....

UP!!
    i think we DESERVE at least a response from someone responsible for this BUG!!!
    A real-time discussion, not just the stupid useless ticket form!!

Same here... Died. Had a black screen. Had to reset my ps3. Tried to load. Camera zooms in on island. Game freezes... Patch 1.02 was already installed!!!

Customer support just isn't there. They just give pointless and absurd advice instead of patching this up. I can't believe i paid 60 euros for this...

The worst part is that i was really enjoying the game and the story. This bug ruined the whole experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanidude View Post
    This bug ruined the whole experience.
    10char

Ah, sorry I meant to ask if you see that and some other options, just trying to make sure we're looking at the right thing. If the game is installed which is obviously is then their should be a game data utility open. This is the first time I've ever heard about it. I will look into this more.
    i have the same issue as the psych lion,i tried the going to the game data utility but i could not find any game data utility for tomb raider.

Game freezes at the game load continue screen

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here. Thanks.

FYI: SE cannot provide you with savegames because of policies, not because "they are lazy". Please do not start false rumours like this.

@Badrrrr and Lucullus and everyone who requested a savegame: If you want a clean savegame for PS3 EU, I would be happy to unofficially provide you with one as a personal favour, I have about 9 of them archived from my own playthrough, but the use of it is at your own risk

I am freezing with 66% progress. Would like to know if there is a game-save available for me to use to continue without starting from the beginning? Would really appreciate as I've exhausted all the possible methods of troubleshooting (game utility delete, applying version 1.03 and etc.). I would prefer not to start from beginning as it took me a while to get to this point.

Is there a way for me to be able to load an older patch 1.01 or 1.02 that may help me load my saved game file?

Would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

HI, i am stuck at the chasm monestary as my bow and arrow wont give me the rope to pull the bell clapper on this level.(it worked ok for previous levels) please could you send me a game save for this level,or a level passed this will do. thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast