Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Any old Forums members here ?

Any old Forums members here ?

Any old Forums members here ?

the forum members from back before the just cause 2 launched?
    ~ק INVINCIBLE §×~
    PSN WADE13x

This is the first time i logged on in like 3 years haha im bored i guess
    VTOL please

Originally Posted by awesome_man
    This is the first time i logged on in like 3 years haha im bored i guess
    lol yea its been along time since I've seen you, hopefully with Just Cause 3 we'll all get back on here
    ~ק INVINCIBLE §×~
    PSN WADE13x

yeah really! that's be sweet!
    VTOL please

Ahem...
    Oh don't mind me, I'm just eagerly awaiting for JC3 announcement since that teaser pic appeared. Also, cheers to mr sundberg! I can't remember what, but he said something cool recently about open world games ^_^'
    Everything should be a sandbox

Hello.

I was a lurker anticipating the release of JC2 and then joined to participate in the mega-search for that missing leisure bus thing which really kept the forum active with everyone coming together to post. A friend gave me a link to that thread which led me back here. Sad to see the place dead since those days, but bring on JC3!

Hai there, I've been a member since late 2009.

Wasn't very active in the past years but I do occasionally drop by to see what's going on.
    Reality? That's where the pizza man comes from.

yo yo! you guys remember me??? I started the user created media thread. I have been waiting for JC3 to arrive but decided to take a trip down memory lane. Hope to see you guys in the forums once we get a new place for JC3 stuff.
    Check Out Some Great Videos At Just Cause Videos!!!

I remember that name

I have been here since around the launch of JC2 way back about three years ago (man time flies!!) and while I am not a regular here at the moment, I do check in at least once every week or two to see if anything is doing. I still can't believe that Avalanche hasn't said word one about a possible sequel to this AMAZING game! It's kind of discouraging considering how many devs pump out sequels. Oh well.

No no! Not discouraging. They are between the few who actually take their time to make good games instead of pumping squels like cookies. For now, they have my respect, and my expectation for those open worlds they're working in.

I fall in between those two realities in what I want from games and their sequels, particularly the franchises I love. Look, nobody wants to see Avalanche turn into EA and churn out a new Just Cause every year like MLB or Madden. But I think they can make a few sequels on the same engine while having their A-team work on the next big game on the new engine.

Rockstar did that with GTA in the PS2 generation to GREAT advantage. Look at it like this:

GTA III comes out in the Fall of 2001 and blows the lid off gaming. Vice City comes out a year later in the Fall of 2002, basically on the same engine, and it is "bigger and badder" than GTA III. Then, the masterpiece San Andreas launches two years later in the Fall of 2004. GTA IV (the direct sequel to III) then released in the Spring of 2008. So for a good chunk of the time between III and IV, Rockstar was working on IV. They said as much. But they delegated a chunk of their resources to the other two "in between" games.

Now I ask you: Should Rockstar have taken your advice and not bothered with Vice City and San Andreas and made GTA III only to wait 7.5 years to make GTA IV?

My point is that you don't have to completely bastardize a franchise to release those awesome "in between" games on the same engine while your A-Team is working on the completely new engine and game. Sorry, but for my taste, I think that THREE YEARS without so much as a word on the sequel to JC2 is just wrong somehow.

I'm not like that either. Maybe you just can't compare Rockstar and Avalanche. Avalanche may simply need this time to make a proper game, which is not a bad thing on itself. I don't think there's a minimum time to wait for proper games, that might simply depend on how big or how many resources the studio has. I'd like them to announce stuff more often of course, but I'd not dare say it's wrong to take the necessary time. I can only hope they release stuff when it's ready.
    PS: I hope I didn't sound angry before or something, I usually talk in a half joking manner

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I'm still here as well (better late than never)

I know it has been some time but you also have to figure that they had other projects that had to be finished. Then you have concept to work on, pre-production and so on. It is also highly possible, see interviews, that they are simply waiting on the new systems (PS4, 720).

Still here as well, was hoping the leaderboards would still be up at least :/
    signature image

I'm a very old member lol, since 2005.

I remember coming on these forums for consulting help on Tomb Raider.
    But nowadays as I grew older, I can just read walkthroughs without needing help.

I still visit these forums though. But I just don't post that frequently. In fact, the Eidos forums are one of those forums where I don't post that much in. This is also my first post here in 2013!

I still love Just Cause 2, which is why I came here to read the forums.

I want Just Cause 3
    www.youtube.com/lennartjuhh! Please Check out my videos! Subscribers: 86 Video Views: 75553

ohai ther fellas.

Just thought I would drop in here, I migrated from teh Mercs 2 forums before EA shut them down.

Edit: look at the signature... lol
    Im a guy
    and- if any of u guys now- when is the official just cause 2 release date?

Movura used to be a big name around here, didn't it?
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Originally Posted by Movura
    Movura used to be a big name around here, didn't it?
    *meh*

^ lol

Also, OPEN WORLD MAD MAX!

Originally Posted by chip5541
    *meh*

Ok, somewhat then...
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

Wink

Well whaddya know, I just happened to be passing and saw this thread. I know I only joined during the tail end of 2010, but I still feel old!* I could see JC3 boosting some activity here, but what about that there Multiplayer mod?

Actually, I think I was still playing JC2 on the 360 when I last posted here... How times change.

*Forget all of that, I got confused because on my profile it's written in the American way
    ~ODd it

Nope not really sorry. I'm pretty fresh in these forums. But had the game for long.

I pop back maybe twice a year.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last