Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Bug/Glitch Master List

Exclamation Found Bug/Glitch Master List

Rather than install issues or issues that may be due to other reasons eg; graphics cards, drivers etc this thread is for specific gameplay glitches/bugs where something doesn't work or appear to be working how it should. Bugs/glitches posted on this forum only are listed. I can't guarantee this is completely up to date cos I don't work here but i'll do what I can.

Its easy to forget to do it, but every now and then change your save game slot. There are 3 on the consoles and you access them through the in-game menu. That way, if you do need to go back for any reason you don't necessarily have to start from the beginning!

First reported dates refer to date of forum post and platform listed where known it has been seen.

Please note; not everybody experiences these issues. Some seem to be platform specific or are dependent on specific gameplay actions.

PC Patches are generally quicker to appear than console Title Updates due to submission processes - please be patient!

Where issues are shown as fixed, it is because they have been stated in the release notes or they have been reported as fixed by somone

SHOW STOPPERS
    Bugs/glitches that stop progression and the only known course of action is to begin the whole game again

FIXED (TU#2 ; PC Patch 1.0.722.3) - Elevator bug in the research base | Xbox | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED (TU#2) - Can't get back to radio tower | PC | Mar. 5 | link

FIXED (TU#2) - Free-Falling Game Breaking Glitch (several locations) | PC, PS3 | Mar. 5 | link

FIXED (TU#2 ; PC Patch 1.0.718.4) - Stuck at Reach the Galleon | PC | Mar. 6 | link

FIXED (TU#2)- Steam Pipe Progression Bug | XBOX PS3 PC | Mar 6 | link

FIXED (TU#2 & TU#3; PC Patch 1.0.722.3) - Moving the boat on the beach creates story quest problem (AKA Block & Tackle Bug) | Mar. 7 | link

FIXED (TU#2 & TU#3 ; PC Patch 1.0.732.1) - Chasm Monastery Bug | Mar. 7 | PC, Xbox | link

FIXED (User Issue)- Cliffside Bunker boss won't die | PC | Mar 11 | link

FIXED (TU#3) - "Fast Way Down" Glitch | XBOX | Mar 21 | link (workaround detailed here: link )

FIXED (TU#3) - Stuck in Shanty Town | PC | Mar. 7 | link

FIXED (TU#3) - Mountain Village - Unable to Progress (Tomb of the Unworthy) | XBOX PS3 | Mar 9 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Xbox freezing issues | XBOX | Mar. 6 | link 1 link 2 (possible workaround here: link )

FIXED as of 09/04/13- can't get back to the chasm shrine | XBOX PS3 PC | Mar 10 | link

ANNOYANCES
    Bugs/glitches that do not stop game progression and can be played through, ignored, worked around or fixed by reloading the last checkpoint

FIXED (TU#2) - Rope Ascender bug | Xbox, PS3 | Mar. 2 | link | (TWO workarounds detailed in the thread)

FIXED (TU#2) - Rope Ascender bug #2 | PC | Mar. 5 | link | (Fixed via reload)

FIXED (TU#3)- Unable to complete Tomb of the Lost Adventurer | PC | Mar. 27 | link

FIXED (TU#3) - Minesweeper challenge issues | PC XBOX | Mar. 6 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- “Radio Tower Not Streaming” bug | Xbox | Mar. 3 | link (Reloading the last checkpoint is the temporary fix)

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Lara is stuck | Xbox | Mar. 2 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Lara is Frozen | Xbox | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- stuck landscape | Xbox | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- respawning enemies | Xbox | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Missing Cutscene | PS3 | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Brightness change | PS3 | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Frame stutter/game saving | PS3 | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Collectibles glitch | Xbox | Mar. 3 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Graphic Glitch | PC | Mar. 4 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Can't jump up wall | PC | Mar. 5 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- TressFX Hair issues | PC | Mar. 5 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Tomb of The Lost Adventurer Glitch | PC | Mar. 5 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Stuck on a boat | Xbox | Mar. 5 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Relic Glitch in Research Base | Xbox | Mar. 5 | link

- Despite getting 100% in all levels, game completion says 98 or 99% | ALL | Mar. 5 | link (also possible solution here - note: you cant fast travel to Cliffside Bunker, you have to go via Shipwreck Beach so check there first to make sure you have collected everything!)

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Hair disappears | PC | Mar. 6 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Floating objects | PC | Mar. 9 | link

- Cliff side bunker document glitch | Xbox | Mar. 9 | link

- Tomb of Lost Adventurer completed glitch | PS3 | Mar 12 | link (revisiting tomb on game completion flags tomb as complete)

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Lara's Shoulder glitch | PC | Mar. 14 | link

FIXED as of 09/04/13- Missing Achievements | PC | Mar. 15 | link

FIXED (TU#3)- Geothermal Caverns Day Camp Not Registering | XBOX | Mar. 20 | link (workaround explained in link)

MP Issues
    This lists the most common problems with the Multiplayer game. The main MP bug/glitch list is here: link

FIXED (TU#3 ; PC Patch 1.0.730.0)- Map Pack Compatibility Issues |XBOX PS3 PC | Mar. 20 | link

- MP Stats Resetting | PC | Mar. 2 | link
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post

Added the youtube links to teh OP.
    signature image

3 issues so far:
    1. if you go to the menu to regulate the brightness etc. the brightness level automatically does one step back (from 55 to 54 for example) and after clicking through the rest up to the top again it jumps back to normal(55)
    2. after you come back out of the wolf cave to help roth the trigger for the cutscene is missing. a reload of the last checkpoint fix this issue (for me) but this isn't the way it should be...
    3. and this seems to be a bigger one: when i decided not to run to sam(in the palace) and instead of that going back to the village (for some treasure hunting etc.) i experienced frame rate stutter every 3 seconds. also the save icon appears every 2 minutes at least (for nothing -just wandering around). this also happens when i moved back to the previous stages. there was no frame stuttering but the icon appears often and for no reason. then i moved back to the village again and everything was fine.

System: Playstation 3 Slim
    Played with Day-One-Patch(53 MB)

Hope you take a look in this one. Loving the game so far.

There's this as well:

Cannot give Jonah block & tackle

LINK

I'm not going to promise to maintain this list, but if a mod thinks it worthwhile, can you sticky the thread and change the thread title to something more suitable ?
    signature image

I have to say I find it very troublesome that a game that was in development as long as this one has so many major bugs right out the gate. The gamebreaking bugs are especially worrisome. I hope the game developers are working on fixing these things with a patch ("title update").

I was so hoping to play this game tomorrow when I get my copy, but hearing about all these bugs makes me think it's better to wait a few months for a decent patch. Clearly that day 1 patch did not do the job. It's a shame, as I was really looking forward to this game. The possibility of running into a gamebreaking glitch would just taint the whole experience for me.

So far 2013 is looking like a very unlucky year for video games. Dead Space 3 got mangled into something unrecognizable by EA, Aliens: Colonial Marines was a colossal epic failure that isn't worth even half its asking price, the final DLC for Mass Effect 3 seems like utter garbage and now Tomb Raider is riddled with glitches (some of which are really nasty ones by the sound of it). Oh, and THQ also went down the tubes. RIP.

2013 certainly seems like an unlucky number for video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphamon View Post
    I have to say I find it very troublesome that a game that was in development as long as this one has so many major bugs right out the gate.
    Troublesome, but not surprising. Games are far more complex now, and the smallest combination of certain variables can cause a glitch. Many people seem not to have experienced these glitches (granted - its based on the few who hav e played it through to date).

Think about it this way - taking Route A without collecting item B and on the way killing animal J with weapon Z may cause a glitch that would not be experienced if one of those variables is different.

The main thing will be how quickly a patch is released.
    signature image

Great initiative

Would it also be possible for you to add a "first reported date" under each link? I think that would be very helpful for the devs to make it more overviewable

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I'm not going to promise to maintain this list, but if a mod thinks it worthwhile, can you sticky the thread and change the thread title to something more suitable ?
    Done!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Great initiative

Would it also be possible for you to add a "first reported date" under each link? I think that would be very helpful for the devs to make it more overviewable
    !
    Done, and added platform where known. I can't promise to keep this updated all the time, but will look in now and then.
    signature image

Edit : Oups
    signature image

I have just download and play for a few minutes but I don't know why I got some bugs that annoying me:
    1. missing cutscene (when Lara out of the cave and move to the tree)
    2. Random force close when I push F12 to capture picture to upload on steam especially when I push shift+tab to chat with my friends. I always get a force close.

And here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...80#post1870580

for PC, running on Ultra settings

specs:

SLI EVGA GEFORCE GTX680s (2x), running most recent WHQL drivers (will try new betas from today shortly)
    win 8 pro 64bit,
    32gb DDR3 corsair,
    i7 3770k oc'd to 4.5ghz with corsair h100
    Win 8 on its own Samsung ssd, tomb raider on 1 of 2 terabyte sata 3 drives
    intel dz77ga-70k extreme SLI board with latest BIOS
    running at 2560x1600, everything maxed...

experience extreme TressFX hair fps drop like many other NVidia users are already reporting.

I know that it's the TRESSFX hair that's doing it... as soon as I switch back to normal hair mode, FPS sky rockets. I know that TRESSFX uses more direct-compute tech than CUDA. No reason this should be choppy during upclose hair scenes on SLI'd 680 or 690 systems with everything maxed.

Please add CUDA support for TressFX.

Also, many are reporting SLI gtx600 series crashes/lockups with tessellation on.

Relic Glitch - Research Base! Cannot 100%!

I have came across a glitch on the Research Level that prevents you from getting the last relic! On the map it shows the location of the relic yet it sends you to level 3 near the elevator and there is nothing there. It seems impossible to get the last relic! Game Breaking 100% :-(

Platform:Xbox 360

(click image to enlarge)
    (Image showing on the map view of where the relic should be and where I am standing in the elevator shaft)

(click image to enlarge)
    (Image of me standing in the elevator shaft)

(Image of me looking into the elevator shaft from bottom and seeing relic)

Unhappy PC - Graphical Glitches / Ghosting / ?

I turned Post Processing off, it was making my screen all kinds of crazy.

I still have issues though, as seen:

I've been playing around with all the graphics settings, but no luck so far. Any advice?

Here is a brief selection from my DxDiag:

Code:
       Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629)
                   BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
              Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
                 Memory: 3326MB RAM
              Page File: 999MB used, 5491MB available
        DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
         DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 
            Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
       Display Memory: 512.0 MB
         Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
              Monitor: Default Monitor
          Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
       Driver Version: 6.14.0013.0681 (English)
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Update - the problem is still happening.

I did update my graphics driver, I updated now to the newest one available which is February 18th.

I have all the following turned off: Anti-Aliasing, Depth of Field, SSAO, Post Processing, High Precision.

I have tried Texture Filter on various settings.

No luck I really don't want to play the game with these weird issues... and I had been hoping to start playing now!
    signature image

impossible to climb up wall after 2nd guy stealth kill tutorial in game in the building thats on fire, pc version, lara gets to the top of the wall stands up, and glitches to bottom of wall, the only way round it is to jump as soon as lara gets to the top of the wall. the wall seems to be at a slight angle so the top of the wall is not inline with the bottom of the wall so I guess she's standing on air at the top.
    Tuna, the chicken of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Update - the problem is still happening.

I did update my graphics driver, I updated now to the newest one available which is February 18th.

I have all the following turned off: Anti-Aliasing, Depth of Field, SSAO, Post Processing, High Precision.

I have tried Texture Filter on various settings.

No luck I really don't want to play the game with these weird issues... and I had been hoping to start playing now!
    Maybe because you are using windows xp?

Quote Originally Posted by namitokiwa View Post
    Maybe because you are using windows xp?
    I do appreciate the suggestion and the attempt to help, however, all of my system specs meet or exceed the minimum requirements, including my operating system
    signature image

I have the 8600M at home and i dont get that ghost effect, have you tried at `normal`?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    I have the 8600M at home and i dont get that ghost effect, have you tried at `normal`?
    Hi Jay, yes, I started the game with the default "Normal" overall setting first before changing anything.

Then when I encountered the problem, I started turning everything off and also lowering settings to see if that would help.
    signature image

What version number are the feb drivers?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast