Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Bug/Glitch Master List

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb Survivor View Post
    Poor Lara she got so cold she froze

my advice .. start over .. i haven't experienced this one .. idk . maybe she wants you to warm her .. if you know what i mean :P ... i've had issues but not of scripting kind .. it looks like the game is running but she doesn't do anything so i say .. something happend to the script at it was running some kind of glitch that leaded the scene to continue .. so my advice is .. restart from checkpoint or something ..

Quote Originally Posted by ChuchoFett View Post
    my advice .. start over .. i haven't experienced this one .. idk . maybe she wants you to warm her .. if you know what i mean :P ... i've had issues but not of scripting kind .. it looks like the game is running but she doesn't do anything so i say .. something happend to the script at it was running some kind of glitch that leaded the scene to continue .. so my advice is .. restart from checkpoint or something ..
    Well its not me in this video, i just wanted to point out this glitch to anyone whos had a similar problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    If it is, then this doesn't look like a bug/glitch does it?
    indeed

My glitch report

I'm on PlayStation 3 and have run into a bunch of bugs in the game so far.

!WARNING! SOME OF THIS INFORMATION MIGHT CONTAIN SOME SLIGHT SPOILERS.

First off my setup details. I'm playing the PS3 version of the game. It is the disc version and it is the PAL version. I'm playing the game on a PS3 Slim, model CECH-3004B. I have the latest PS3 firmware installed. I also have the 53MB day 1 Tomb Raider patch installed. My PS3 is less than 1 year old. I am playing the game with all of the game's settings left on defaults. No changes have been made to the settings/options of the game at all. My PS3 is connected to a HDTV via HDMI.

Now on to the glitch list:

-SINGLEPLAYER GLITCHES-
    #1: Audio bug. For some reason the background music tends to get stuck, kind of like a broken record or broken tape-recorder. This only happens with the background music. The sound effects and the voices seem to be unaffected by this bug. I experience this bug very often and it's really starting to put a downer on my enjoyment of the game. Usually when I load the last checkpoint it sorts out the problem, but after a while it comes back again. So far it appears that this problem only affects the PS3 version of the game.

#2: Skill glitch. At a certain point in the game I was awarded the Double Axe Strike skill without even spending any points in it. (Oh well, that is a good bug if you ask me).

#3: Blocked doorway glitch. Many times when I want to go through a doorway or cave entrance my character is blocked by an invisible barrier and I am unable to go through said doorway or cave entrance. Reloading last checkpoint usually sorts out the problem.

#4: Brightness glitch: Whenever I go into the menus to check the map or my skills or gear or so on the game's brightness suddenly drops (the screen gets notably darker all of a sudden). As soon as I exit the menus and go back to the game the brightness is back to normal. (This is not being caused by my TV because none of my other 30+ games have this issue.)

#5: The Roth Cut-scene glitch. Very early in the game you get a mission to get Roth's pack back from the wolves after Roth was attacked by them. Once you get the pack you are attacked by a wolf and must complete a QTE (Quick Time Event) in order to defeat the wolf. Once you get back to Roth with the pack a cut-scene is supposed to trigger. Sometimes this cut-scene does not trigger at all and I'm then left unable to go any further in the game. All I can do is walk around the area. If I try to access the camp fire next to Roth the game tells me that "Camp Fires can't be used when there is an enemy nearby". I check the entire area and there are no enemies at all. Usually reloading the last checkpoint fixes this issue. (I've heard reports of this same bug happening to other cut-scenes in the game. It seems there is a glitch in the game that causes cut-scenes to not trigger sometimes).

#6: Colour banding. There is some severe colour banding on the moon if you look at it during night time on the island. If you are unaware of what colour banding is look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colour_banding

#7: Performance drop. Whenever I play for more than 3 hours at a time the game's performance drops significantly and the game starts to lag. Usually restarting the PS3 system sorts out the problem, but in order to avoid this problem I have to restart the PS3 every 3 hours if I play this game.

glitch? 100 percent on each level, but 99% overall?

Hey, I've played through my PS3 copy and I've found all the items (relics, gps, documents) and completed all the challenges. when I look at the map every section is completed to 100% and I've finished all the skills and fully upgraded all my weapons to 100%, but my save file is still at 99% complete overall, what could I have missed? Anyone having the same problem?

Are you sure you got everything in all areas? Not all areas have fast travel basecamps, so you could be missing those -- the main culprit probably being the military base on the shoreline. I would look at the map when you're not at a fire and scroll over each area to see. Otherwise the only thing I could think of would be if you don't have all of your weapons upgraded (not sure if that affects it though.)

I have the same card as you and have the same shadow glitch in the same place. Just after you hunt the Deer and come back to the woods.

Hope they fix this soon, as i stopped playing because of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Droidette View Post
    Hey, I've played through my PS3 copy and I've found all the items (relics, gps, documents) and completed all the challenges. when I look at the map every section is completed to 100% and I've finished all the skills and fully upgraded all my weapons to 100%, but my save file is still at 99% complete overall, what could I have missed? Anyone having the same problem?
    I do believe that once you complete everything and you continue to explore the island you can go to the
    and if you go there you can replay the ending, that's why, IMO, it's always 99% because you will never completely finish.
    signature image

I have a 100% rating.

I updated to the very latest 13.2 beta7 drivers and that specific criss cross pattern under her feet went away.

There are still some weird shadow level of detail issues though. Specifically, I can see an almost clear seam where the shadow detail changes (on highest shadow resolution) and it's super distracting. I'll try and get a image of what I mean.

Weird, cause from the changelog, the BETA 7 was made exclusively to fix a issue with Crysis 3.
    Btw, good that it fixed this particularly shadow issue. I will give it a try.

About that shadow LOD issues, i already noticed it too, just didnt knew it was only happening in Ultra quality. I presume its normal because i already noticed this kind of abrupt transition in other games too, like Far Cry 2, Crysis and some Unreal Engine 3 based games.

I noticed a glitch with SSAO too. If you set it to Normal quality, a lot of horizontal lines appear in the ocean waves. This bug is fixed setting to Ultra, but it should definitely be fixed anyway.

Stuck on Monutain Temple - Silent Kill (I dont have a bow to do it with)

I have got as far the mountain temple where you have to attack the Islanders and it went very glitchy and the camera kept jumping and I couldnt see where I was going. i then ended up in a hut with some wooden planks at the end. I managed to go through that and still had arrows tied to my back. It makes you jump from one section of the bridge to the next. I tried this and because of the arrows I died. I then respawned and the arrows were gone. I then walked up a hill where it tries to teach you how to do a silent kill with the bow and arrow. I dont have a bow and arrow so I get stuck here and cant go back or reload anyhting because it always brings me back to the same place. I cant go back in to the hut as it is now on fire.

Please can you advise me what to do or fix this as I dont want to have to start a new game!

I have 6850 too and had same issue on exactly same place but it happened when i was changing FXAA to 2xSSAA and 4xSSAA than some weird shadows followed Lara everywhere until i restarted the game and set FXAA.

I THINK that it happens when there is not enough GPU RAM but i am not sure i guess that it is the case.

Can you guys please tell me how much average fps you both have on benchmark since you both have 6850?
    Just set High in options and don't change anything and run benchmark if that is not problem.
    signature image

If want to play Tomb Raider on Ultra setting using a AMD graphic card it is suggest that you should have the 13.2 beta driver for the game to run smoothly.

I play on 1280x768 everything maxed out except Tesselation, TressFx and in-game AA (because i use an external AA injector called SweetFX), and have an average 50-60fps with Catalyst 13.2 Beta 5.

Quote Originally Posted by SE_Param View Post
    If want to play Tomb Raider on Ultra setting using a AMD graphic card it is suggest that you should have the 13.2 beta driver for the game to run smoothly.
    I have 13.1 will latest 13.2 beta drivers increase my fps?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by rgabriel15 View Post
    I play on 1280x768 everything maxed out except Tesselation, TressFx and in-game AA (because i use an external AA injector called SweetFX), and have an average 50-60fps with Catalyst 13.2 Beta 5.
    Thank you. I play on FullHD.
    And have around 45 fps on High settings.
    signature image

Updated my first post with more details on some of the glitches.

I really hope Crystal Dynamics are looking in to all of these glitch reports and that they are working on fixing these problems.

I play on 720p, everything maxed except no tesselation, no TressFX, no in-game AA (I use SMAA injector).
    The benchmark gives me nearly rock solid 60fps when I have triplebuffered v-sync turned on.

I haven't played further than the first dinner camp yet, so I have no idea how it actually performs in proper gameplay.

Check the area called Cliffside Bunker. It doesn't have a camp for fast travel, you must go there on foot from Shipwreck Beach, which is why I didn't realize I was missing items from there myself.

You both have low res screen so i can't compare...

Is triplebuffer vsync better than double and why if yes??
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by ispursfan View Post
    I have got as far the mountain temple where you have to attack the Islanders and it went very glitchy and the camera kept jumping and I couldnt see where I was going. i then ended up in a hut with some wooden planks at the end. I managed to go through that and still had arrows tied to my back. It makes you jump from one section of the bridge to the next. I tried this and because of the arrows I died. I then respawned and the arrows were gone. I then walked up a hill where it tries to teach you how to do a silent kill with the bow and arrow. I dont have a bow and arrow so I get stuck here and cant go back or reload anyhting because it always brings me back to the same place. I cant go back in to the hut as it is now on fire.

Please can you advise me what to do or fix this as I dont want to have to start a new game!
    how can u not have a bow?? its the first thing u get.. not long after you start

Tomb Raider Bug

signature image

I have done everything (visible).
    100% (PC)
    • Maps, including Cliffside Bunker
    • Skills
    • Gear
    • Relics
    • Documents

...and I'm only 98% percent done, what the ....? On my map, I've not missed any basecamps either. I don't get it, are there any super hidden secret places?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast