Thread: TRU - Amazing Game

TRU - Amazing Game

I finally had the time and the hardware to start playing this amazing game and so far I love it. Made it to the temple in Thailand and everything so far has been superb, the graphics and the settings are really amazing. I have played all of the older TR games one by one and very carefully studying them each in turn and often taking months for a single play thru. This will be a real treat to see, and I do like the new version of Lara a lot. She is very good for the series and i like the character design a lot.

Here are some pictures of my play thru so far and more will come in time. Glad to see that the developers did such a good job on this title. I hope the new release this month will be as good.

Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

I love the lower Temple very mysterious and beautifully crafted....down in the lower levels now..and exploring...and dealing with a few pesky lizards...

Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

We continued to explore what Lara is calling the Garden Court of the Temple, tho she says her own gardens at home are much more properly trimmed....we found the first headlight and then she got to demonstrate her Rapelling skills...which I was a bit nervous about but for Lara it is like a walk in the park...

then we had to deal with some of the local residents, bats,

lizards...

and furry ones later on...but next we found the other headlight opened the gate and found a very interesting further proof that there WAS a defniite Norse connection here....

this script was very very old, pre Runes really, not at all like the Norse runes found on the Continent and Iceland and a few ion the Americas...

and next we found yet another inner court...this one a bit tricky to navigate thru....

so we took a bit of time off and Lara hammed it up with some beautiful flowers growing amid the ruins..sometimes she does seem to relax a bit...

.but she is always fast on the draw when we encounter threats.....

and after a quick dinner break we will be back at it...

Lara does have her dreamy moments...and i wonder what thoughts are going thru her head...i guess about her Mother and that fact that her father himself had been here in this very temple and we may indeed be stepping on the very stones he trod.... i hope some of these memories are happy ones for her, for i see a sadness in her eyes at unguarded moments...and i do hope for her to find peace someday...

Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Question

What did you do to Lara's boobs?

BTW: an amazing game, indeed!
    «Plus on aide le fou, plus il rit!»
    -Prévert

Lara is her normal self, a mod exists to restore her to her usual appearance, which is maintained thru all of the titles except for the most recent ones which try to denature her and make her into an ordinary frump of a housewife in appearance. I support the long standing image of her that is a free spirited, sensual and vivacious at times dangerous lady of mystery and allure and i will continue to support that side of her nature and oppose any attempts by modern radical liberalists to decry her true nature. We have plenty of ordinary people in our world, Lara has always been and should always be special and unique and full of her own special charms. So i am very grateful for the mod which restores her appearance. It is part of the game code for the videos reflect this restoration as well as the in game figure. Long Live the Real Lara Croft.

Jolie is not real Lara and you have to dig deep to find the real Lara ..you have to get past Hollywood's effort to steal her image and use it to sell their own products. And sadly some of the most recent game designs appear to have the same goal. I celebrate the real Lara.
    Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Well we made good progress thru the Temple, had to figure out some major mechanisms but it was spectacular when it all worked. It was such an strenuous session that I am going to take some time to write up my field notes and post the full set of pictures here are a few....and what a time it was.

Dark and Mysterious Lara..yet another Face...

Lara found some new and startling clues and even found a note written by her father....a deeply moving clue for her...and a link with a precious past...

we just have to find our way back to the boat
    Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    Lara is her normal self, a mod exists to restore her to her usual appearance, which is maintained thru all of the titles except for the most recent ones which try to denature her and make her into an ordinary frump of a housewife in appearance. Long Live the Real Lara Croft.

I guess that's what you're talking about!

-Prévert

Yes I own all of the games in the full original release boxes and have played and studied the series for many years now and have always appreciated Lara for the Classic character that she is. So yes that it the Lara that i have known for years and and that is the Lara i choose to support thanks for the nice pictures.
    Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Yes I own all of the games in the full original release boxes and have played and studied the series for many years now and have always appreciated Lara for the Classic character that she is.

I bought Tomb Raider 9 today and played it for the first time. I must say Lara changed so much!

To me, Lara from the classic games and Lara from TR9 are two different characters. I'll probably enjoy the game nonetheless, but to me they disrespected Lara's image, what she really is.
    -Prévert

I am afraid that the social reformers influenced the new title a lot and they denatured and downgraded Lara from the wonderful character she should be. They tried to make her ordinary, and that the last thing that Lara ever is. She is special and should be allowed to be who she was meant to be. So I really enjoy being able to celebrate her with the older games and will hope for the next title, the outcry that I am sure will be very loud about this bastardization of her in the new title will make the developers listen. They just do not seem to listen until the fans make it VERY LOUD. Same thing happened to Mass Effect. finally they had to change the main character story back but not until people had to scream bloody murder. We will have to do it again to save Lara. So this thread is a celebration of the REAL LARA...and i am sorry about the new one and that you did not know in advance. Many of us veteran raiders knew it was going to happen from the development news. We will prevail in time i am sure. Sometimes things have to get bad before they can get better.

The REAL Lara...

Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

So this thread is a celebration of the REAL LARA...and i am sorry about the new one and that you did not know in advance.

I did know in advance though. I knew it would be a shock before even playing. I've been waiting for this game for a long time, I did not know what to think about the new concept, but I told myself to try it even if Lara changed that much.

Will you play TR9 too, just to see for yourself?
    -Prévert

Yes I have already purchased it and installed it and will certainly play and support it. I will also speak with Square Enix and the franchise owners about radical shifts in Lara as we always try to protect her as much as we can, it is not easy making these development decisions and I sympathize how hard it is to work with a character like Lara who has am immense fan base and following and many who very jealously protect her heritage including us

on with the journey....

We continued our adventures from the garden courts and made it thru a fallen floored hallway doing some tricky leaping.....

and found we had emerged high up above the lower court of the main temple complex with a magnificent vista of Lord Shiva in union with Lady Kali.

this first picture Lara is showing me how high this Lizard had stood before she finally managed to stop it...

There was clearly some mechanism that was dedicated to some further function of this complex..and Lara suspected that there was a final access to a final entrance to whatever her father had been seeking. Such inner sanctums usually hide the final treasure or in this case the final clues.

It took Lara and I a long time to figure out the puzzle of this final stage, and she had to explore and do quite a bit of testing of various theories but we finally found that the gigantic statue was indeed a automatom and could with the right manipulation of several weighted baskets move its arms and position the two huge crystals we had found previously if they were placed in the appropriate brackets one on each of Lord Shiva's hands.

This entire operation was majestic and awesome to view and Lara really enjoyed this part ..tho i caught her deep in thought during the process

and she was very happy to finally see the crystals placed and in operation.

The brilliant light beams were beautiful to see and there clearly was a final stage to setting up the system involving the two dancers statures on the floor of the lower court that were located on a circular track.

This took some final head scratching, and trials, and Lara got a bit testy after having to move the statues here and there, my guesses were not always very helpful and she finally told me to stuff it and did the final stage herself and it worked perfectly.

What a display that was and the final gate way opened...at least the final
    door.

We found a very secret and peaceful inner court,

serene and silent with the hundreds of years of sitting abandoned and without human touch. It was a bit sad to think of these fast halls once bustling with the activity and colour of hundreds of saffron clad monks, the festivals and the throngs of humanity that once trod these halls but from the ruination and decay and the collapse of many of the floors and walls, no one has cared for this precinct for hundreds of years, I would guess not since the 1500s or 1600 hundreds at least. Certainly decay sets in fast in the Orient in the tropics and some use may have been made of this magnificent complex more recently but it had certainly been abandoned for a long time.

We made our way to the final altar and found beneath a huge cobra statue, a final secret an hidden opening to a vast underground cavern, with a tricky descent we made it down and found that the gauntlet that Lara had found earlier beneath the sea somehow was activated..it started to glow in her backpack with an eriee otherworldly glow, a brilliant blue ...with its own inner light. So our Lara not being the shy type, put it on,

and found that it activated a huge Atlantean scale gateway with a similar blue light running over its surface.

Within was a strange chamber lit brilliantly from above, with a single mystical tree growing on a freestanding alter with am empty pedestal and in the shadows overlooking it all, a very ancient very Norse looking huge face of Thor..for indeed the Norse influence of the lowest levels indicated there was indeed some connection of lore long ago.

Lara found a final very striking clue...a message scrawled in the stone of the empty pedestal from her own Father. I could see it was a shock to her, to see the writing in the very hand of her dear departed parent, a man whose footsteps she follows in many ways...to this day....

it was a moving moment, and one for quiet reflection.

But now Lara is ready for what is to come next..and i feel that she is more determined than before to find where this path takes us. Just hope that i can keep up.

Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

OK quick off the topic note about the New Lara.....i took my first look and i can see what they did, ..they dumbed her down and commonized her appearance. They carefully deconstructed her face and her voice to make her a middle class (British) "normal" girl, they took away her aristocratic look and accent and gave her a commoners voice and face. We can fix the face with modding i am pretty sure, i am sure others will be at work to reskin her. But sadly we cant change the voice....if you have lived in England as long as I have and mixed with the upper classes as i did, you will recognize instantly that she is no longer Lara, she is more like what Lara's housekeeper would sound and look like. Her eyes are too close set, and small, her mouth has lost its expression and personality...and flair, and she is plain ugly. I am very sad to see this but i know why they did it, there is a massive effort in the UK these days to commonize society and deny the class structure that had led the country for centuries. It is a political movement and it has finally attacked our Lara, ..i will fight this with my work in game research and endevour to get Crystal Dynamics to see their huge mistake. They will suffer for it i am sure, and we need to focus that effort to get them to be sure to change her back. All is not lost, the game has elements of TR and it is a fun new environment. But i see what has been done and it was a bad detour. But i am sure in time we can save her. Back to the real Lara.

a final note this is supposed to be a younger lara in the new game so that is party the reason for the changes in her appearance so maybe things will turn out better than i fear but there is a HUGE change and i dont feel at this point it will work out. I will continue to enjoy the real Lara here.
    Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

I don't remember Lara's tits being that big in TRU. I might have to reinstall the game and judge those puppies for myself. Ordinarily I remember things like this.

You will need a special mod to enhance her character back to its classic proportions, the developers included this potential in the game and a fan was able to restore this in a mod. PM me for details if you like. I like continuity in game stories and Lara was beautifully proportioned in the older games but the new ones one by one she has suffered from "political correctness" and has been denatured until the new TR 2013 she looks almost nothing like her real self. This is a good return.

OK we made some good progress,

exited the final underground room of the Temple and after opening one final gate and a quick swim were out in the ocean again and my it was lovely to see the sea and the sunlight again.

Lara found some interesting sun symbols on the walls of that final room but the best sun was the real one in the sky over that lovely blue sea.

Boarding the yacht we had a quick chat with the boys back at the Manor but now it was time to head home for Lara had found a clue which she only hinted at...

once back at the Manor we collected the lads and some flashlights and headed into the Family Crypt...Lara found the casket of her grandfather and there was a hidden switch that opened up yet another Underworld for us to explore

She had donned sleek exploring gear of a new style, and we headed down into the shaft.

Below was what looked to be the remains of a very old family chapel, early sculpture styles and the vaulting looked mid Gothic.

We had to deal with quite a few spiders but Lara had no problem with that...and we found a peculiar mechanism that involved switches and a small furnace that ignited after we were able to drags some blocks onto strategically located pressure plates....

After a quick run and jump to a upper door, we were off again to find what lay ahead....

Lara had had some thoughtful moments, i think she was thinking about her ancestors who were laid to rest herein but she didnt say, just had that thoughtful look in her eye and she clearly wanted just some quiet moments to think on the Passage of the Ages....

what lies ahead we do not know....yet.
    Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Well i must say things have gotten quite exciting...... and hot at times and also rainy...

i am too tired to edit and post most of the pictures from this session of our adventures but needless to say, Lara has some tough work and she came thru with flying colours.... quite a few surprises..... well here are some previews of our adventures at Croft Manor and now we, Lara,and I are back in the jungle...

what comes next...who can tell...

Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

I finally cranked up my install to 8X and it is looking fantastic....and i love this level so far to, i am savouring it like a fine wine...it is just so beautiful, the rain and the jungle and the ruins are superb. I have been to study the Mayan ruins and all over Mexico to see the Aztec sites as well, and this is spot on for accuracy of how they feel. I have never been to Egypt but i did have that chance to see the south american ruins and they are very intriguing..One things that was mystifying is that with all the effort to build them, the actual buildings and temples didnt have very large actual interior space, the rooms were small and the walls massive. There may of course have been a lot more underground that we can't get to now....but they are very interesting....and i am very much looking foward to this.

the bike is awesome, i only tested it a bit but it looks really cool and the moves are great..i have to get better or Lara will get mad at me

--------------------------------------------------------------

OK i am going to put the start of my update here and then contnue below...as we have a lot of pictures to share. Lara has made good progress thru some very tough stuff...me, i am surivving but it has been not easy going thru some of this with her....

firstly, we left off she was exploring the Crypt and we had just found entrance to a hidden staircase cleverly concealed in the ruins of what must have been a hidden family chapel, during the reformation and the English Civil War, with the Protestant Cromwellian faction in charge, many of the old Manor houses continued their Catholic services in hidden chapels such as this...anyway, Lara and I found ourselves on a crumbling staircase that led up into the shadows.

On emerging at the top we found what turned out to be a hidden den of her departed Father, and on his desk was sitting a old style casette tape recorder. How many years had it waited for her, he clearly knew his daughter would figure out the clue he had left her, and he spoke clearly and thru the lost time, his voice was very much a moving experience to hear i could see from her face.

.and he also had left her a copy of the map he had had to destroy at the temple.

she also found the missing Gauntlet and once she put it on it activated and suddenly we had a new and totally unexpected danger to deal with...two beasts that were guardians that had been left with the Norse treasure....and they were a tough battle to be sure. Lara finally did them both in but it was a nasty fight.

After further explorations, we climbed up and out of the Crypt and found a passage way that had been carved back to the Cellars of the Manor.

The glove faded as soon as we left the mystically charged pillar below...

But...all was not well up there...somehow, suddenly a huge explosion rocked the earth and the entire manor was aflame!

Lara rushed back to the Great Hall but it was fully engulfed..and she found Zip and Winston by the main entrance and of all things she was shot at. That was not a happy thing to have happen..and from her expression she was pretty dangerous at that moment. Fortunately no one else got hurt, but somehow she or someone like her had caused the disaster.

Lara sent them to safety and headed to the vault to find out what had happened. It was a terrible sight to see the beloved home wrapped in flames...

.but she mounted the glass wall and found Alistair lying on the floor and then...a vision from hell appeared....a dark figure that mimicked her every move...like s twisted mirror image. This figure had glowing eyes, and looked to be a very demon form the nether world.

Lara stood up to this apparition as best she could but she was no match for this strange being and this "other Lara" shot Alistair and then vanished out the great window at the end of the house.

Lara dragged poor Alaistair out but he passed away sadly there at the edge of the front drive.

Winston and Zip were appalled and the house was vanishing into a huge pyre of flame. Lara swore vengance..and from the look on her face, i was sure she would have it no matter what....

We left from there for the jungles of Central America and after the flames and the sad tragedy, i was not sorry to see Lara have some work she could do to get thru this awful time.

It was almost a relief to be back in the wilds of South America, and Lara has a new and deeply angry look in her eyes, it was a sorrowful time, and a dark mood that lay over us and the jungle around drenched in tropical rain as we arrived in the middle of a torrential downpour..the thunder and lightening illuminating dim shapes of Mayan origin covered deeply in jungle growth.

We found what looked to be a ceremonial roadway that led thru a typical keystone arch and on thru the jungle to a small temple building,

probably the outlier for a temple complex. Lara dismounted from her monster bike and started exploring...but wherever she went, i felt her mood to continue to be one of fierce resolve and deadly purpose.

the landscape was beautiful and the detail amazingly well done...am looking forward much to what lies ahead.

We started to climb....

Admin
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Underworld is awesome.

Nice screens. Has anyone figured out a way to get the steam overlay working so we can share screens like this in the game group and chat with friends?

Another option is to run it in a window, was there a launcher on the first startup that let us choose windowed or not? How do we get that launcher back?

No.... no... not the pictures.... there are way to much!!!!!
    Too bad i don't have nvidia geforce, but i still get to 60FPS

i won't lie I LOL'd hard at the boobies. I was like were they really that big in this game. Anyway, Underworld is a beautiful game. Lot's of hype for it I remember. It but kind of awkwardly though and if you didnt own a xbox you missed out on the extras which was a shame cause those portions looked kind of cool. Oh well.
    "Well you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours."
    signature image

Mother of boobies O.o

Lara is her normal self, a mod exists to restore her to her usual appearance, which is maintained thru all of the titles except for the most recent ones which try to denature her and make her into an ordinary frump of a housewife in appearance. I support the long standing image of her that is a free spirited, sensual and vivacious at times dangerous lady of mystery and allure and i will continue to support that side of her nature and oppose any attempts by modern radical liberalists to decry her true nature. We have plenty of ordinary people in our world, Lara has always been and should always be special and unique and full of her own special charms. So i am very grateful for the mod which restores her appearance. It is part of the game code for the videos reflect this restoration as well as the in game figure. Long Live the Real Lara Croft.

Jolie is not real Lara and you have to dig deep to find the real Lara ..you have to get past Hollywood's effort to steal her image and use it to sell their own products. And sadly some of the most recent game designs appear to have the same goal. I celebrate the real Lara.
    Face it, you just like big boobs.

THIS MADE ME HOWL. LMFAO.

I love what you said though and I agree sort of.
    signature image

Yes, Underworld is excellent game! Very beautiful Lara and locations are breathtaking!