Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official TOMB RAIDER audio and subtitle language details (now ALL platforms)

Official TOMB RAIDER audio and subtitle language details (now ALL platforms)

I've seen a lot of questions in many threads here about localization on the forum. Also my unboxing video received a number of questions about language options after it was featured on the blog. So now that I have the PS3 UK version of the game, I thought I'd help you guys out by going through the menu options and letting you know the language details of this version so that it'll hopefully help some of you decide which version to buy

Available audio languages:

English, French, Spanish, Italian, German.

Available subtitle and menu text languages:

English*, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Dutch.

*The English subtitles also include hearing impaired text.

I'll try to update this OP as soon as we get more info on the other territory editions and different platforms!

Edit: full language details revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post

Final Tomb Raider Language Options Reveal!

There is no question about it - Tomb Raider is a worldwide phenomenon. That being said, we’re extremely proud to be offering a slew of language options for our fans when the game launches next week. Check out our offerings below, in an easy to digest format!

Tomb Raider will be localized with full audio performances and subtitles in the following languages:

Tomb Raider will be localized with English audio & subtitles in the following languages:

• Chinese
    • Czech (PC Only)
    • Dutch
    • Korean
    • Portuguese (Brazilian)
    And now for the slightly more complicated part. What combination of languages you’ll have access to depends on where you live and what platform you’ve purchased Tomb Raider on. We’ve done our best to simplify the list for you below.

If you live in North America or South America:

Xbox 360: You will have flexibility to choose English or Spanish audio, combined as desired with English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, or Dutch subtitles. A special German and French edition is also available for French-speaking Canada.

PlayStation 3: You will have flexibility to choose English, Spanish, or French audio, combined as desired with English, Spanish, French, or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.

If you live in Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, or Australasia:

Xbox 360:

• English, Spanish, Dutch, and Portuguese speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose English or Spanish audio combined as desired with English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, or Dutch subtitles.
    • German and French speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose German or French audio combined as desired with German or French subtitles.
    • Italian speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose English or Italian audio combined as desired with English or Italian subtitles.
    • Russian & Polish speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose Russian or Polish audio combined as desired with Russian or Polish subtitles.
    PlayStation 3:

• Europe, South Africa, Australasia territories: You will have flexibility to choose English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish audio, combined as desired with English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.
    • Russian & Polish speaking countries: You will have flexibility to choose English, Russian, or Polish audio combined as desired with English, Russian, or Polish subtitles.
    • The Middle East: You will have flexibility to choose English or Arabic audio combined as desired with English or Arabic subtitles.
    If you live in Asia:

Xbox 360:

• Japan: You will have the flexibility to choose English or Japanese audio combined as desired with English or Japanese subtitles.
    • Asia - Excluding Japan, but including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea and other Asian countries: You will have the flexibility to pair English audio with English, Korean, or Chinese subtitles.
    PlayStation 3:

• Japan: You will have the flexibility to choose English or Japanese audio combined as desired with English or Japanese subtitles.
    • Asia - Excluding Japan, but including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea and other Asian countries: You will have the flexibility to pair English audio with English, Korean, or Chinese subtitles.
    If you plan on playing on the PC/Steam:

You will have flexibility to pair English audio with Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Chinese, or Czech subtitles. Otherwise you can choose to play the game in any audio & subtitle option available, as long as the languages match. We’re currently working on a new feature that would allow users to play their choice of subtitle and audio together, which should be available for launch on March 5!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

*unhides thread*

Have you heard the spanish voice?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    Have you heard the spanish voice?
    Yes, I have. Lara sounds funny in Spanish

---

PS. More language info coming soon, folks!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I hate spanish voice >:C

¿Por qué

signature image

Porque la pronunciación en Latino America es muy diferente a la española (Now go to google translator xD)

Es muy cierto.
    EDIT:Very true... sorry my Spanish came up.
    signature image

Porque la pronunciación en Latino America es muy diferente a la española (Now go to google translator xD)
    No need for google translator

And yes: Es muy cierto
    signature image

Please keep the discussion in English, everyone While we'll be enjoying the game in many languages, the forums are English only for everyone to enjoy - without requiring a trip to Google Translate
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

:O People that understands spanish! :'D

^ Yeah, my reaction too. :')
    signature image

Maybe that's because I'm Italian, but I find spanish incredibly easy to understand

Understand yes

Speaking myself, not so much

And yes, back to English.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Please keep the discussion in English, everyone While we'll be enjoying the game in many languages, the forums are English only for everyone to enjoy - without requiring a trip to Google Translate
    Well I have to use Google translate everytime I wanna post something :l so that way y'all know wez feelz :r

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Maybe that's because I'm Italian, but I find spanish incredibly easy to understand
    I'v been on summer holiday in Italy 15 times, so I understand a fair bit of Italian and spanish
    signature image

And... full language details revealed!

Wow, that's a lot of info!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post

Final Tomb Raider Language Options Reveal!

There is no question about it - Tomb Raider is a worldwide phenomenon. That being said, we’re extremely proud to be offering a slew of language options for our fans when the game launches next week. Check out our offerings below, in an easy to digest format!

Tomb Raider will be localized with full audio performances and subtitles in the following languages:

Tomb Raider will be localized with English audio & subtitles in the following languages:

• Chinese
    • Czech (PC Only)
    • Dutch
    • Korean
    • Portuguese (Brazilian)*
    And now for the slightly more complicated part. What combination of languages you’ll have access to depends on where you live and what platform you’ve purchased Tomb Raider on. We’ve done our best to simplify the list for you below.

If you live in North America or South America:

Xbox 360: You will have flexibility to choose English or Spanish audio, combined as desired with English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, or Dutch subtitles. A special German and French edition is also available for French-speaking Canada.

PlayStation 3: You will have flexibility to choose English, Spanish, or French audio, combined as desired with English, Spanish, French, or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.

If you live in Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, or Australasia:

Xbox 360:

• English, Spanish, Dutch, and Portuguese speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose English or Spanish audio combined as desired with English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, or Dutch subtitles.
    • German and French speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose German or French audio combined as desired with German or French subtitles.
    • Italian speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose English or Italian audio combined as desired with English or Italian subtitles.
    • Russian & Polish speaking countries: You will have the flexibility to choose Russian or Polish audio combined as desired with Russian or Polish subtitles.*
    PlayStation 3:

• Europe, South Africa, Australasia territories: You will have flexibility to choose English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish audio, combined as desired with English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.
    • Russian & Polish speaking countries: You will have flexibility to choose English, Russian, or Polish audio combined as desired with English, Russian, or Polish subtitles.
    • The Middle East: You will have flexibility to choose English or Arabic audio combined as desired with English or Arabic subtitles.*
    If you live in Asia:

Xbox 360:

• Asia - Excluding Japan, but including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea and other Asian countries: You will have the flexibility to pair English audio with English, Korean, or Chinese subtitles.*
    PlayStation 3:

• Asia - Excluding Japan, but including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea and other Asian countries: You will have the flexibility to pair English audio with English, Korean, or Chinese subtitles.*
    If you plan on playing on the PC/Steam:

You will have flexibility to pair English audio with Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Chinese, or Czech subtitles. Otherwise you can choose to play the game in any audio & subtitle option available, as long as the languages match. We’re currently working on a new feature that would allow users to play their choice of subtitle and audio together, which should be*available*for launch on March 5!
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

WTF !!!!

Hey what's wrong

I'm in France, but i'm spanish and i want to play the game in spanish! Not in french and german !

I'm very angry
    signature image

Yay. English subtitles confirmed.

Thanks, Brandon. OP updated

PERFECT !
    Thank you very much
    signature image
    The extraordinary is in what we do, Not who we are

Will they make a patch with all the languages ?

I don't wanna play the game in french, it doesn't sounds good at all, the spanish one is so perfect!!
    signature image

Awww... I that wanted a Norwegian subtitle option

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
    Will they make a patch with all the languages ?

I don't wanna play the game in french, it doesn't sounds good at all, the spanish one is so perfect!!
    Which version are you getting and what platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Which version are you getting and what platform?
    Collector XBOX 360 - France
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast