Page 6 of 11 First First ... 2345678910 ... Last

Thread: PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

Kojima:

"Play Arts KAI "Liquid Snake" from MGS1. This will be exhibited at SquareEnix booth in New York Toy Fair 2013 (2/10 - 2/13) it comes with Rocket Launcher." www.twitlonger.com/show/kuslap

"This is also original model of Raiden from MGS2 by Play Arts KAI which will be exhibited at New York Toy Fair 2013. Substitute mask (ska gray) and swords will come with Raiden. Raiden starts from here." www.twitlonger.com/show/kusm3s

"This will come with Old Raiden in MGS2. I call the remodeled Raiden in MGS4 is White Raiden, and the machined Raiden in RISING is Black Raiden to distinguish." www.twitlonger.com/show/kusmq1

"This one will be exhibited also at New York Toy Fair 2013. Battle Raiden by Play Art KAI. 3 colors are available, RED, BLUE, and YELLOW. This one is RED one." www.twitlonger.com/show/kusr1a

"The back of White Raiden that comes with the premium Package of RISING." pic.twitter.com/POtp88Uk

"YELLOW version of Raiden by Play Arts KAI shown at New York Toy Fair 2013 (2/10-2/13)." pic.twitter.com/iPN56X8k

"BLUE version." pic.twitter.com/yHdz4NNS

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D?[Dream Drop Distance] PLAY ARTS Kai

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.125771...

Just displayed new figures Batman™ The Dark Knight Returns™ Skin and Robin! Will be available in late this month! twitpic.com/c1rbem

Variant PLAY ARTS KAI rising from the shadows... twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/2997231...

(I personally can't help you, Robert, since I don't move around my only two Play Arts figures very much.)

Yoshinori Ono twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin

"???? ???? ????(??? ????)???PLAYARTS??BATMAN and ROBIN????it's gift to me from Hashimoto-san as FF executive producer." p.twipple.jp/jTd2K

Ken, Guile and Sakura? hmmm ok, cool. Hope to see some bad guys like VEGA, bison, balrog, etc

Originally Posted by imported_Robert

Hey everyone,

So I'm a rather new collector of Play Arts figs. I just recieved the Play Arts Kai Tali fig today, and I love it. I came across what looks like a manufacturing issue though, and I need some help from those who are really familiar with these figs.

So both of her feet have forward and backward rocking articulation from the heel, and both feet swivel left and right from the heel. Tali's left foot is perfectly normal with the forward/backward rocking motion, but I cannot rock her right foot forward/backward. ON closer inspection, the ball that the foot is attached too looks to have been installed sideways. So when her right foot is facing front, it cannot rock forwards/backwards, but rather it can tilt left/right. I cannot get the ball to twist with my fingers, so I cannot fix this problem.

Can the feet/ball mechanism be safely pulled out so I can reposition it, or will this break the figure?

Can post pictures if it helps to clarify.

Hey there

I've got a few Play Arts and noticed that the feet on them all move a little differently. With the Sephiroth AC PA, the foot rocks left/right like yours does. Would not suggest trying to fix this as it will more than likely break. With my Sazh PA Kai, his goes front to back. (And found out the hard way that yes, it can come off!)

If you feel comfortable with it, you can attempt a fix, but do so at your own risk. While some think that the Play Arts line is a bit on the fragile side, I find them sturdier than other figure lines from other companies.

Oh, and just saw this item, made by another company. myfigurecollection.net/picture/636754

Look at that face! Sorry, Kaiyodo, Squeenix is killing you when it comes to MGS figures! The PA look soooooooooooooooo much better than this one!

Lightning Returns Play Arts Lightning

twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog/status/303784...

twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3038217... "Yes its on process! Still under Mr. Nomura's supervision tough."

Play Arts Kai Exhibition at ARTNIA - Review

marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-date-2...

Just noticed this posting on the figure collecting boards: myfigurecollection.net/blog/6866

Reading this saddened me, but then again I've been lucky not to have gotten (a terribly) defecting PA.

While these types of issues certainly aren't strictly limited to SE, the response (or rather lack thereof), is a bit disturbing. It should go without saying that good customer service is simple to give, and goes a long way to building a good base of people that will contunually give money to a company that treats them right. Bad customer service undertandably does the opposite. While it takes a good deal of time to get a customer, it only takes a few seconds to lose one for good.

PAK BATMAN Black Metallic version Limited edition twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3088540...

This is quite honestly a little insulting. I came home from work today incredibly excited to break into my new Collector's Edition of Tomb Raider. What I expected was a quality statue of Lara. What I got a poorly made action figure.

I buy the collector's edition with statues to display and enjoy. I am not a 12 year old boy looking to play Cowboy and Indians with my plethora of dolls I bought for 9 bucks a piece. With a hundred dollar price tag, I expected so much more. I've never had a complaint from companies about their figures, and the last person I thought I'd be complaining to was Square Enix.

First of all, even moving the figure into different positions isn't very easy. Finding one that she'll actually stand up on her own in is even more difficult. The pieces don't fit together like they should. To switch out hands I have to push and force and hope something that I put in doesn't fall out. She does not hold any of her weapons correctly, and I find them consistently falling out of her hands. Her bow comes apart so easy, and every time I tried to put it back together, it'd come apart easier the next time.

This is insulting, Square Enix. I always expect quality from you and this is what I get for paying 40 extra bucks? Last Collector's Edition I buy from you, you can be sure of that.

Fine, it's in the wrong place. The location of my post does not excuse the fact I and everyone else who bought this edition got a bad product.

DC UNIVERSE Variant PLAY ARTS KAI BATMAN twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog/status/309237...

Is there any kind of refurbishing, replacement or insurance, anything, this thing was very eexpensive, please help.

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] PLAY ARTS Sora store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/MKHPA005...

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] PLAY ARTS Riku store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/MKHPA005...

"The back coverage of the game magazine at Hong Kong. The Raiden in this picture is the real PAK. No CG were added." twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3134712...

Just saw the painted DDD PAK and they look really good. I missed out on the original KH PA, but might grab one of these.

DC UNIVERSE Variant PAK Green Lantern concept art twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3146358...

Kojima: "Here's the sample of Blue Raiden in MGS2 by Playarts KAI. We got still lots of work to do." twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/31902512...

I'm really itching to see a painted Yuna and Tidus PAK. I got into the PA scene too late to grab the originals so these are must gets. Hoping that they show them at Summer WonFest maybe?

I will keep an eye out.

Mad Dog: "The reason why PAK is our product flagship? Because action & real type figure is most hardest product to create and produce. If we stop, we can never create a good product. Our efforts is the mirror of what we create. That's why I love creating PAK."

Super Street Fighter IV Play Arts KAI Vol. 4: Ken & Sakura coming this August! www.finalfantasymerchandise.com/blog/for...

Shots of Tekken Play Arts KAI: Kazuya & Jun in packaging! twitter.com/PlayArtsKai/status/319342831...

Product sample of KH TRON ver! Cool! twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3196387...

Here comes Sora! twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3196404...

Let's rock! twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3196477...

We put an effort to the packages as well! Made for fans to display PAK with packages! twitter.com/hidemi_mad_EN/status/3197192...

The upcoming KH Tron ver. comes with 3 keyblades and also display stand! twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog/status/319720...

Page 6 of 11 First First ... 2345678910 ... Last