Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

"You'd think the Kingdom Hearts cast would be easy considering there's only 3 main characters (Sora, Kairi, Riku), but even then Square has only released Sora and Riku. Pretty frustrating."

Actually, they have given KH some Play Arts love, and not just Sora and Riku. All three main KH characters have been covered.

Sorry, I should've mentioned that I was more referring to the original Kingdom Hearts cast, which there is no KH1 Kairi figure to go with Sora and Riku.

There wasn't much figure support for the original KH game at all. Guess they wanted to see how popular the series was going to be first? Looks like the Disney/SE gambit paid off! Having said this, perhaps it's a good thing that there weren't PA until KH 2: the quality of said PA was pretty nice! Especially Sephy! X3

And.....telling more collectors about the joy that is Play Arts! (Feeling a little like the Chocobo Prophet guy on the Highroad in FF X-2!) "Like", I want everyone on the planet to know the love that is the Play Arts line. Chocobos should replace Hovers on the Highroad. Yes!!

(What I am having to tell them is not to expect the quality control of some companies that shall not be named here who only make figures. These are for FUN! Enjoy!!!)

I opened my Armored Batman today and the right arm snapped off not long after opening the box. The joint was fused and attempting to move the arm led to bad stuff. I've posted pics of the problem on my blog -- www.battlegrip.com/?p=41300 -- and am now trying to find a way to directly contact Square Enix for a replacement. The "support" option listed above doesn't really get me a customer service contact; does anyone have an e-mail address for Square Enix customer service?

Hopefully their staff also reads this forum and can help out.

damn... i feel for you man

my joker had the same problem, and i did a thread over here, but nothing happened. I mean, of course they see many people are complaining, but they are not going to give free figures because their quality control sucks...

i hope you can get your replacement, really =)

update here!

Wow, that's unusual. In talking with them at cons I got the impression they stood behind the quality of their product and cared about customers. I guess I'll try to find a phone number to call and get an answer on the problem. Sorry to hear you couldn't get a replacement for your Joker. That seriously sucks.

....Which might be why SE is losing the Figure Wars to companies that DO care. If this were Good Smile Company, they would have written you back AND have had a FREE replacement part/figure on the way. It's annoying as hell and frustrating considering that aforementioned company's Figma are much smaller/somewhat cheaper in price than the PA line.

Yup, they really need to get this sorted. Poor QC & limited/passive CS is a very very bad combination...

My Solid Snake came with two right feet & I still haven't found a way to get a replacement

I've tried their customer support before. Here's the link:

support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1...

Though they couldn't provide me with a replacement (due to me not being from America), their response was quick...

& if you're in the the US, you guys might have a better chance. G'luck!

I REALLY want AQUA [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]
    note: Yes I am a BIG collector of figurines its one of my favorite hobbies

PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139339...

What figures would you like to see made next?: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139339...

Originally Posted by Grimoire

PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139339...

What figures would you like to see made next?: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139339...

I really wish U would NOT post other off topic thread links in things I Post [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif[/img] YES I know SE makes other stuff [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img] I'm trying to stay on topic

"Off-topic"? This thread belongs in the Product Discussion forum in the Merchandise Discussion section. I was simply trying to help you out by linking to the already existing treads on this subject. If anything is off-topic, it's this thread.

Or, do you mean that your own post in the threads linked to above is off-topic?

Originally Posted by rpg-gamer

Aqua from KH:birth by sleep please

If you already are aware of these threads, then why did you create this one in the first place? And why here and not in the merchandise forum where it should be?

I was not aware of them but U have posted other discussions liinks in threads I started. I just asked SE deleted most of the threads I started. I haven't searched really at all since the change to the site. Groups made the site feel SPECIAL

So you say you were not aware of these threads when you started this thread a few hours ago...but you were aware of them last month when you posted in one of them??

semna17.webs.com/Hnh.png

Either way, I would recommend that you continue your discussion about an PLAY ARTS -Kai- Aqua figure in the merchandise forum. That way you can share your thoughts with other members who are also interested in collectables.

Just sent delete requests to SE to have most threads I started erased I'm just not feeeling the ♥ on members anymore

Then why don't you start a thread about it (in the Square Enix Members Site or Members Community sections)? "LOVELESS MEMBERS"?

PLAY ARTS -Kai- Rufus??

twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog/status/230328...

twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog/status/230333...

??, FF7?! Not old man Shinra, right? Could it be...a red one?

I can't wait for the mass effect play arts kai, im hoping we get some more characters and some enemies would be cool too.

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

Originally Posted by Fire

DMC Play Arts look really nice. I wish there was some more love for FF characters lately though... a lot of ones have yet to even be made.

...yeah, like WAKKA, who they seem to have completely missed when they made figures of the rest of the X characters. >_>

And PLEASE, SE, give us some more villans...like Kuja and Ultimecia. T_T

Having said that, if SE isn't giving you figures/dolls of characters you want then you can always make your own. :3

Dollfie Dream, myfigurecollection.net/picture/437077 Inori-chan!

Plushie Carbuncle!

myfigurecollection.net/picture/322184&re...

The Sephy that SE SHOULD have made..*_*

myfigurecollection.net/picture/321464&re...

And, a fan giving a tough boss some badly needed love...using another PA to do so. Check out this Beatrix!

myfigurecollection.net/picture/420154

I do understand where you are coming from however, aside from Chocoboy, other FF characters are languishing. While I'm enjoying all the Batman love, I too would like to see more of a variety of PA Kai.

That Sephiroth is actually a modified version of the Kotobukiya resin sculpt (either authentic or bootlegged and either pre-assembled and painted or unassembled and unpainted) that was first sold several years ago which you can still find on occasion through eBay and Japanese online selling sites. That said, I don't tend to trust eBay with those as I have had friends who have bought both the cold cast statues and the unpainted kits and thinking that they bought the real deal only to find out that they were bootlegs.

Ah, I was under the impression that the Sepy was a custom and not a modified GK. (From E2046 maybe?) This must have fooled a lot of people on the site as it was in the customs section and not under bootlegs. I stand corrected. ^_^

I only very rarely pick up any figures from ebay as about 90% of what's on there are bootleg. There are a few good/reasonable sellers on there, but for pricing, you can always do better elsewhere.

I'm working at FanExpo this week here in Toronto (I only expected to work one shift, which was Thursday, so I grabbed the vol.1 FFXIII Trading Arts figurines on my break, but I'm going again on Saturday) and I saw one stall selling a lot of the Play Arts figurines, including oldies like the FFVIII ones, but the one I saw that all but made me drool was Dissidia Squall *_*

But it's pricey. I think it was 75-85 (I know, I know, relatively speaking), but I want him soooo bad....

However, I already promised myself if I saw "Valkyrie" Lightning at a not-gonna-cry-over-my-purchase-the-next-day price, I'd buy her. Wish me luck. It's so crowded there D:

EDIT: So I didn't find Lightning, but I grabbed FFVIII Selphie, but more importantly, I got Dissidia Squall *squees*

Omg, he's GORGOEUS. I'm probably gonna come back and edit this post again to rave about every little thing when I'm not so tired, but I...I'm so happy T.T

I JUST saw that Rufus Shinra PA!! That made the old Wish List instantly. Yeeeah boy! 8D

Now, perhaps we'll FINALLY see a Barret and a Cid PA Kai. Keep 'em coming, SE!

Definitely buying Rufus on day 1.

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last