Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last

Thread: PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

PLAY ARTS Discussion Thread

PLAY ARTS are scale action figures featuring characters of various games. Originally produced for Square Enix games such as FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, the line has expanded to include other properties outside of the SE umbrella in the PLAY ARTS KAI line, such as Bayonetta, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Biohazard (Resident Evil), and others.

The last one of these I've bought was Zidane, but I also have Squall, Selphie, Tidus, Vaan and Balthier, as well as Sora from Kingdom Hearts II and Roxas (the last of which ended up getting his foot broken...). Additionally, my mom also has Cloud (with the Fenrir motorcycle) and Sephiroth.

Discuss the PLAY ARTS product lines here!

I'm as much a collector as I am a gamer (though nowadays, I swear I'm more a collector than a gamer) and I just wanted to say that I really like the Play Arts line and I love how the line has 'evolved' (for lack of a better word) over time to become even better than before.

Currently in my collection are: Riku (Kingdom Hearts Play Arts), Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII Play Arts Volume II), and Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII Play Arts Volume II).

I'm hoping to add in the rest of the FFVII gang and to eventually get the FFVIII gang as well. And though they aren't from the current Play Arts line (at least, I don't think they are), I also have the older action figure sets from FFVII and FFVIII (though I am missing Guardian Forces figures from FFVIII).

I own 23 of the Play Arts figures. I want to add more, but I'm running out of space! haha

*counts*

Hmm...I only own 9 of the Play Arts line, but also own a number of the Squaresoft/Kotobukiya static figures.

I'm on a figure collecting site and sadly spend what seems like an inordinant amount of time defending the PA line to other collectors who have generally bad opinions about them. (Some of which either own no PA or have only a few...)

>.> I have three... and they're all of one person.... -_____-;

Two: AC and FFVII style Vincent.

However, the Play Arts line makes great gifts.

i know the regular play arts/kai series have made full metal alchemist and bleach figures, but to be honest, i know they can do better when it comes to anime/manga franchises. i know its rough for square enix to get some of the copyrights from other franchises to make their figures, but if so, here are some suggestions from some anime/manga franchises they can share the likenesses for their kai series if they are willing to.

dragonball z: goku, vegeta, piccolo, bardock, trunks, frieza, cell, majin buu

yuyu hakusho: yusuke, kurama, kuwabara, hiei

fist of the north star/hokuto no ken: kenshiro, shin, rei, toki, jagi, and raoh/kukuoh

sailor moon: sailor moon, mercury, mars, jupiter, venus, and tuxedo mask

outlaw star: gene, melfina, suzuka, aisha

and the list goes on...does anyone else wish to see their favorate anime/manga series come to life in kai figure form???

Originally Posted by dxgirly
    I own 23 of the Play Arts figures. I want to add more, but I'm running out of space! haha
    i own over 36 of the play arts/kai figures. 21 being the play arts series, and 15 from the kai series. i too am running out of space to put them in my room :s lol

play arts series: all of the original ff7 figures including cloud/hardy daytona, all 3 crisis core figures, almost all of the advent children figures except reno and cloud with fenris, kingdom hearts cloud and sephiroth, ff8 squall, and ff12 gabranth

kai series: all ff13 figures except odin and sheva, all the re5/devil may cry 4/bayonetta figures, assassins creed 2 ezio auditore, and recently batman from arkham asylum/

i collect many series, and i discovered the Play Arts this year.

I'm starting to get some Play arts, they look fantastic! I ordered Joker, Batman and Sephiroth!

My joker arrived last week, and for my deception, his arm just BROKE when i tried to change the position! And no, i'm not a stupid strong kid, cus my other action figures are VERY fragile (specially the Saint seiya ones) and they are perfect. The mecanism for joker's arm is really bad. The arm is not fixed on his body, there is a little piece connecting them. I'm really sad with this, i hope i wont have to fix Batman with glue like i did.

But still, beside that horrible fact, the figure looks amazing.

COWBOY BEBOP PLAY ARTS KAI

ssl.square-enix-shop.com/SqEx/jp/ShowPro...

Originally Posted by Grimoire

COWBOY BEBOP PLAY ARTS KAI

ssl.square-enix-shop.com/SqEx/jp/ShowPro...

Literally JUST saw these myself...and it looks like SE has some fans to win over. The advance buzz...

myfigurecollection.net/item/112194

(Since you've got Spike and Vicious, hows about Faye, huh guys?)

I have no idea why, considering I've never played the games he's in, but I just found out there's a Garrus Vakarian PLAY ARTS Kai and I want it. Shepard and Ashley are there, too... but aliens are cooler.

I want to see some of your collection photos![img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img]

Here's what I got so far (Resident Evil & Street Fighter characters are my brother's)

img840.imageshack.us/img840/5371/coll201...

Since I groweth weary of hearing all the hatin' for the PA line elsewhere, I'm in the process of doing a review of (my one and only) Play Arts Kai, Sazhy-boy. Was going to post it tonight, but naturally can't find the stinkin' cord that hooks camera to computer. Will get to this soon and will also post the link here once I do. (And I'm using the uber dirty tactic of including some very popular Figma to get said folks to read it.)

Soon, everyone everywhere will love Play Arts!!!! (or at the very least want a Sazhy-boy of their own!!!!)

Looking forward to this bad boy!

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=F...

...And two days later, the young vien'Mille appeared. Speak of the devil. Squeeee.

I knew that of all figures, this one would draw you out.

0w0

I'm getting both of them Sparda brothers actually. I already have several comics in mind for them. Another one for October that I would get is Sid Vicious.

I'm hesitating on getting Spike Spiegel though.

It is good to hear that you are still ordering the figures you are interested in.

Don't forget to keep an eye on Mad Dog for the latest news: twitter.com/hidemi_mad_dog

I am still a follower of Hidemi_Mad_Dog even after quitting the Play Arts Kai line. However, I would still buy a few of those that I like.

Still buying many more than I, I'd say. ^_-

Actually, not really much nowadays.

Other than Dante, Vergil and Vicious (October releases); I'd be getting SENTINEL's Yoh Asakura figure (November release) and the Kotobukiya Art-FX Vergil statue (which was released way back in 2006) and I believe that settles the rest of the year. ^^;

Five figures versus two. You're still in the lead by three (for now, at least).

...Unless I count my Pokémon figures, but then again, this is not the place for that.

im glad they are finally picking up the slack on their anime titles. but is sqaure enix too blind to notice that sailor moon has celebrated their 20th anniversery this year and are oblivious to it??? i really hope naoko takeuchi will hopefully share some of the rights to her franchise to square enix and have the play arts kai crew come up with some good figures. i want them to make all of the sailor scouts including tuxedo mask, if not all just the original 5 sailor scouts.

Five figures versus two. You're still in the lead by three (for now, at least).

...Unless I count my Pokémon figures, but then again, this is not the place for that.
    I don't wanna count my Bakugan figures either since I believe this isn't a place to mention it further... despite the fact that one of the characters having an obvious resemblance with a certain hero that has a lethal weapon XD

Hence, here's me hoping that the little critter won't even attempt to eat any of the sons of Sparda... XD

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last