Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: Square Enix Registers Possibly Legacy Of Kain Related Domain

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Northern Wilderness
    Posts
    302

    Square Enix Registers Possibly Legacy Of Kain Related Domain

    signature image

  2. #2
    Why would they want warofnosgoth? What kind of game could they make of that?

  3. #3
    Interesting. Haha, I was about to make a thread on this, but I was too slow. It kind of sounds like a title for a real-time or turn-based strategy game.

  4. #4
    So it's happening..."The stage is set for the grand finale.":X And as for the so called "reboot" speculation...I certainly think and hope at the same time that it won't be a reboot. Why would you reboot something that you haven't even finished?

    Kain is still sitting at the broken balcony of the Vampire Citadel...He'll drive nuts if we keep him there much longer...!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    Why would they want warofnosgoth? What kind of game could they make of that?
    Kain origin story. Do it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by krayzilla View Post
    Kain origin story. Do it.
    Blood Omen 1?

    Hopefully this leads to something.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost in eternal limbo.
    Posts
    1,496
    Legacy of Kain strategy game? I just have to point out the the title appears to actually be War Fornos Goth though. I'm not sure if that actually means anything unless it's supposed to be "Huh huh huh, no one will figure out that it says War For Nosgoth". I don't know. I'm not getting my hopes up.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    Blood Omen 1?

    Hopefully this leads to something.
    Was thinking more in the lines of his human days. But now that I think about it, it wouldn't be all that exciting :<

  9. #9
    Technically wasn't the Hylden beginning the invasion at the end of Defiance ?!, so it makes sense that Kain would go to war against them for Nosgoth, also I don't think just cause it has war in the title mean it has to be a turn based strategy or real time strategy title, it can stay the same an action adventure game, kinda like Blood Omen 2, it was a war for Nosgoth, well in a sense.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Northern Wilderness
    Posts
    302
    who knows. it might be nothing,or it could be a new lok game. im just happy that he franchise is still in their minds and not totally forgotten
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Ooooooooh I really really really hope this means good things for the series, we’ve been waiting so so long. If it is a continuation defiantly hoping it continues as action adventure genre, if it turned out to be a strategy I think I’d cry. I wouldn’t mind a reboot in a way as long as it wasn’t messed up too much, but a continuation would defiantly be better Please please please be LoK

  12. #12
    Mother of *...

    War for Nosgoth? Sounds dangerous. Like a MMORPG.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heathrow, London
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha View Post
    Legacy of Kain strategy game? I just have to point out the the title appears to actually be War Fornos Goth though. I'm not sure if that actually means anything unless it's supposed to be "Huh huh huh, no one will figure out that it says War For Nosgoth". I don't know. I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Yeah, I noticed that too and also wondered if that was part of an effort to throw us off . None of the other domain registers I've seen recently have the same thing and I'd assume that it's the part in the address bar (which is all lower case) that actually matters on these things. Other interesting bits to note are that unlike some other registries, it's not actually been done by Square-Enix, but by a corporate domain company - who also registered a domain for "wolfenstein-spiel.com" on the same day (and who could, once again, possibly be acting as a middle-man to throw us off); or that both of those domains expire on February 7th 2015 (though I'd assume this could be extended)... and I would tend to think that the title "War for Nosgoth" would lend itself more to a direct continuation than a reboot - which would be lovely! (though I take the point on MMORPG's and the suitability of Nosgoth for one, I'm just not the biggest fan of the genre)

    As always though, I'd recommend a bit of caution. It does look exceedingly good, but at the moment it is just a website address - and a new entry in the series is not the only possible reason for one to be created. We've waited a decade already; I for one am prepared to wait a little while longer for word on what this is.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_kain View Post
    Technically wasn't the Hylden beginning the invasion at the end of Defiance ?!, so it makes sense that Kain would go to war against them for Nosgoth, also I don't think just cause it has war in the title mean it has to be a turn based strategy or real time strategy title, it can stay the same an action adventure game, kinda like Blood Omen 2, it was a war for Nosgoth, well in a sense.
    The post BO1 vampire-Hylden/Sarafan wars were pretty much covered in Blood Omen 2, which takes the Defiance timeline into account, so I imagine -hope- it will be something else. Maybe they will reboot it, though if that's not a Blood Omen 1 remake, but a whole new take, then I'm not so enthused. Yet.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    The post BO1 vampire-Hylden/Sarafan wars were pretty much covered in Blood Omen 2, which takes the Defiance timeline into account
    grrr the time paradox, past, present, future, grrrr so much LOL

    so I imagine -hope- it will be something else. Maybe they will reboot it, though if that's not a Blood Omen 1 remake, but a whole new take, then I'm not so enthused. Yet.
    Personally speaking I don't want a remake nor a reboot, especially not a reboot, I mean we need to end the story first right ?!.

    Kain is there, Nosgoth is there, the pillars are still ruined, all he has left is hope, personally I don't think he will simply restore balance without ever fighting the Hylden, hence why I think we may see another war, BO2 was more like a vengeance story.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Mother of *...

    War for Nosgoth? Sounds dangerous. Like a MMORPG.
    that's what it also sounds like to me...like a pick your faction,create a character deal and do battle a'la war strategy/sim game.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Sounds dangerous. Like a MMORPG.
    Hey guys a fun quote from Amy Hennig:

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Hennig
    Honestly, I don't ever see a game like Soul Reaver (or Zelda, or Tomb Raider for that matter) being developed for the online multiplayer market. A lone-hero-based adventure game just doesn't lend itself to a multiplayer environment---the experience of the hero's journey would be compromised or diluted by trying to shoehorn multiplayer elements into the design. I think the online possibilities are still exciting, though---like enabling players to download updates and enhancements, access FAQs and strategy guides, communicate with other fans, etc.

    The best candidates for networked multiplayer gaming are still going to be arena-style competitions and party-based adventure games. Adventure/RPG games like Baldur's Gate, where a group of online gamers can cooperate in a quest, are a more natural fit than something like Soul Reaver.

  18. #18
    While I think it's pointless to try guessing what type of game it would be from a web domain, it still is a good sign that Eidos might be showing interest in the series again.

    Like I've said before, although ideally the series could continue from where it left off, a canonical reboot (like the new star trek movies have done) would be the next best thing.

    I agree with Sam_Kain about a confrontation with the hylden being inevitable. As long as they're trapped in the demon dimension, they are stuck in a stalemate with the vampires. I don't think the war should end in total genocide though. Afterall, the hylden weren't the ones that started the wars and I find it a bit ridiculous that the entirety of either race would think that was a good idea. (@Sam_Kain, I know you didn't mention genocide but it usually gets brought up.)
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  19. #19
    Im actually hopeful about a new lok release for the first time in years.
    I personally think it would be cool to do so many things with LoK.
    1. Finish Kains story.
    2. Play things from the Hylden viewpoint so we can see how cruel and ruthless the ancients were as well.
    3. Find out exactly what the Elder God is and if there are more entities like him.
    4. MMO it up with Vamp Hylden and Sarafan factions.
    5. See each faction pulling the strings behind the others to unwittingly play against themselves in a twisted game of chess.

    Regardless what the game would be, if there is a new game in the works, im really excited.

  20. #20
    Oh, please not an MMO. At least not until the story gets going again. It's too dangerous to be switching genres or making spinoffs without first making sure that the things that made the game so great in the first place are still intact. MMOs aren't about any character in particular and Legacy of Kain is about Kain.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Strands Of Night View Post
    1. Finish Kains story.
    the majority of us veterans would love so see this to fruition!!
    then they can reboot/spin off all they want once the story is said n done.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  22. #22
    Now that I think about it, I think War for Nosgoth is probably a prequel set during rise of Kain's empire. And it'll probably (99.5% of probability, maybe plus 0.5%) star Raziel.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Now that I think about it, I think War for Nosgoth is probably a prequel set during rise of Kain's empire. And it'll probably (99.5% of probability, maybe plus 0.5%) star Raziel.
    This I find most probable. It would be like an expanded universe game. Like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Not really part of the main story, but in the same setting.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    606
    Well now it's time to change the sheets!

    The three richest "war" settings that'd easily provide lots of story and action are the spread of Kain's empire, the great war of the ancient world, and the "final" war in the future world Kain may now return to (let's say the binding fails at last as he's trying to set things right.)

    If you go with the ancient war, it'd be maybe the most deeply satisfying if we get to see the big events unfold that have been shrouded in legend up till now. And they'd be free to do the modern game elements like design your own character, choose a side, play a campaign (hylden characters get banished and then finish their campaign making a niche for themselves in hell?). And Kain's story could be continued too by having him make a cameo appearance as an NPC time traveling bigshot who changes the ancient war somehow as part of his scion destiny. ......The future war could work similarly, and it could include the necros!!!!!. ......The founding of Kain's empire would probably be the toughest of the three to include new story content with. It'd almost have to be just a historical look at the fulfilling of what we already know happened. Well, whatever.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    Well now it's time to change the sheets!

    The three richest "war" settings that'd easily provide lots of story and action are the spread of Kain's empire, the great war of the ancient world, and the "final" war in the future world Kain may now return to (let's say the binding fails at last as he's trying to set things right.)

    If you go with the ancient war, it'd be maybe the most deeply satisfying if we get to see the big events unfold that have been shrouded in legend up till now. And they'd be free to do the modern game elements like design your own character, choose a side, play a campaign (hylden characters get banished and then finish their campaign making a niche for themselves in hell?). And Kain's story could be continued too by having him make a cameo appearance as an NPC time traveling bigshot who changes the ancient war somehow as part of his scion destiny. ......The future war could work similarly, and it could include the necros!!!!!. ......The founding of Kain's empire would probably be the toughest of the three to include new story content with. It'd almost have to be just a historical look at the fulfilling of what we already know happened. Well, whatever.
    I think human's revolt and Sarafan's crusade may also count as a big conflict.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •