Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomb Raider Themed XBOX360 GIVEAWAY is giving away in an auction!

They starting the bidding at $1,500 its $3,500 for buy it now!
    bloody cheek trying to squeeze tr fans for a small fortune when it should've gone to a real one one in the first place.
    I really hope no one buys it whatever price they try to flog it for

Definitely sad to see

I had only seen the mockup before now and hadn't seen what it really looked like (with photos). This custom Xbox looks even more amazing in real life compared to the mockup image. I love both sides but I especially love the back side that says "A SURVIVOR IS BORN" with the icons.

It is too bad that it didn't go to a fan who would use it and wanted it, rather than someone who is only keeping it to resell it later

That said, I don't think this person will get the price they are asking, but then again, you never know.
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

I'm completely disgusted. That could have gone to someone who would have appreciated it, especially a Tomb Raider fan who couldn't afford their own console.

This is so frustrating. Faith in humanity: -30 points.

(click image to enlarge)

I cant... I just cant
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheTombExplorer View Post

(click image to enlarge)

Holy Lara Croft Batman! I only just realised what this thread was about...

/slapself

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post

why would anyone do that bless that human and may the odds be forever in his nightmares . No but serious what a waste a sad waste!

He shouldnt do it seriously though
    signature image

Obvi. You can't play Uncharted on an xbox360.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Obvi. You can't play Uncharted on an xbox360.
    omg brilliance
    signature image

I mean, I understand that since he won the console, he can do what he wants with it, but this is downright disgusting. Like, clearly he only entered the contest so he could sell this one-of-a-kind Xbox and then he has the audacity to price it at $3500.

I hope no one spends any money on that.

(click image to enlarge)

I always hate when someone who could not care less about a game franchise comes in and snags the ultimate fan item from the real fans who would love to have it and tresure it forever.
    And then goes on ebay and tries to extort massive sums from a die hard fan. Disgusting.

If legaly possible I hope they put a term in future contests that the item won cannot be sold for a certain period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantea View Post
    If legaly possible I hope they put a term in future contests that the item won cannot be sold for a certain period of time.
    Yes.
    That way people like this won't be able to turn a profit and take advantage of the kindness of others.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Thank you for the blessing of this post
    signature image

I wasn't around back then, but why so much anger at this guy for trying to make some money? If he won the contest fairly he should be able to do whatever he wants with the prize. Maybe he already has a custom Xbox or something. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    I wasn't around back then, but why so much anger at this guy for trying to make some money? If he won the contest fairly he should be able to do whatever he wants with the prize. Maybe he already has a custom Xbox or something. I don't know.
    Because while we (Tomb Raider Fandom) have been entering comps to try win stuff like that and if we did i highly doubt any of us would sell it. Also for the fact that he is selling so close to the release date and for that price.
    signature image

Because while we (Tomb Raider Fandom) have been entering comps to try win stuff like that and if we did i highly doubt any of us would sell it. Also for the fact that he is selling so close to the release date and for that price.
    Capitalism...I don't see the problem with it, but I am obviously the extreme minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    Because people have this idea in their heads as to what someone should do with prizes their won fairly. They expect you to use and enjoy the prize in the way they believe should be done = what THEY would do with it.

For example, if i entered a contest and i won a really expensive luxury car. I would immediately sell it and buy an affordable car that i can afford to maintain. Some would say it is a complete and utter waste to do such things.

When it all comes down to it - they just dont approve of what someone does with their own property, and they like to rage about it.

(I would like to add something else here, but doing so would break the rules of this forum, and i wont do that)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNo4 View Post
    Because people have this idea in their heads as to what someone should do with prizes their won fairly. They expect you to use and enjoy the prize in the way they believe should be done = what THEY would do with it.

For example, if i entered a contest and i won a really expensive luxury car. I would immediately sell it and buy an affordable car that i can afford to maintain. Some would say it is a complete and utter waste to do such things.

When it all comes down to it - they just dont approve of what someone does with their own property, and they like to rage about it.
    We just disagree with what they are doing and a car cannot be compared to an xbox 360.
    signature image

We just disagree with what they are doing and a car cannot be compared to an xbox 360.
    Yes in fact it can. Think of it, not as a car, but a prize that is valuable to some people - enough to pay a lot of money for. A prize that the recipient may not have the same value in. The winner of a valuable item may like the idea of owning a very valuable item, but having the money in their pocket is more important than a vanity item.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNo4 View Post
    Yes in fact it can. Think of it, not as a car, but a prize that is valuable to some people - enough to pay a lot of money for. A prize that the recipient may not have the same value in. The winner of a valuable item may like the idea of owning a very valuable item, but having the money in their pocket is more important than a vanity item.
    Why would they have entered the competition if it was to be sold if they won, a waste indeed.
    signature image

It s about the spirit of the competition and of the fan community. I would do the same if I won a luxury car, but this is not th same. People would have liked to see this go to a fan who would have enjoyed it for what it is.

Yes, I fully agree it is up to the winner what they do with the prize, but in the spirit of things in this case it sucks.
    signature image

Sorry. My friend found this thread and pointed me over to it so I had to join. That is my auction. I don't have an eBay account so my friend is letting me use his account. Thank you to the people who have common sense and defended it. To those bashing me...well you can go to hell for all I care. Sorry you don't approve. I'm going to try to explain...not that I have to bit just so the feeble minded aren't so quick to pass judgement on things they know nothing about. How i came to own this was not by entering a gaming competetion. I entered my cell number in at comic con at their booth. i got a text later that day that i won the grand prize. Thats it. that was in july. I didnt receive it until november. it sat in its box as i got divorced and was dealing with that disaster. The reason I'm attempting to sell this is I don't need it and could use the money it would potentially bring in to pay down my legal fees stemming from that divorce. The reason I listed it at that price is for two reasons. One, I have a local offer for 1250 but I'm trying to see it I can get more. Two, a similar hitman one just recently sold for 1900ish so I figured why not try. I didn't take away anyone's opportunity to obtain this. It was a simple contest to win all sorts of crap. Shirts. Mousepad. Games. I just was extremely lucky in that moment and won the grand prize. So if you people want to sit and judge and want to punch me in my face ( really?!? Who's the ridiculous one here?!? ) over this...then I'm 100 percent glad you specific entitled brats didn't win. Hell I'd rather smash this thing on the ground then have rotten people who cry n wish harm on someone, because someone else has something they want...have this thing. So thanks for those few with the decency to understand that everything isn't so cut n dry. N to those literally throwing tantrums on here...I feel sorry for you.

Why would they have entered the competition if it was to be sold if they won, a waste indeed.
    People enter competitions for many reasons.

I know some people who enter competitions purely because they believe if they have a ''finger in every pie'' they will eventually win ''something''.

Others want one of the prizes.

And yes, some want only financial gain.

And so i ask you, is it a crime to want to be better off financially? Your stance on this says yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynnets View Post

- Snip -
    Wall of text hits you. You die. Use paragraphs my friend.

Closed pending review.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Alright, my colleagues and I have reviewed the (new) posts here and we have decided to lock this thread permanently.

We feel that everyone has had a chance to voice their opinion and that with the owner of the xbox now involved in the discussion, things are likely going to go downhill, fast.

So to keep the peace on the forum, we ask everyone to move on from this subject (including in other threads, for example the Humble Abode) and just accept things for how they are. I will be doing the same.

Thanks.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12