Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My drawings in pencil

Smile My drawings in pencil

Hello everyone! I took this opprotunity to share something with you guys.
    I've been doing this ever since I was in kindergarten I've been told even though I don't remember any of it. It runs in the family.
    Hope you guys like it.

I tried out in paint aswell as you can see, but I'm not specifically good at it.

Oh wow, those look really awesome! You've got some talent in those fingers, Tibs

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Oh wow, those look really awesome! You've got some talent in those fingers, Tibs
    Thanks a lot sir ! :P

Those are pretty good! I like the Django portrait.
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Those are pretty good! I like the Django portrait.
    Thank you! I love Django, that's why I made a portrait of him.
    The king of jazz hut.

very nice

Fantastic work, thanks for sharing!
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    very nice
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    Fantastic work, thanks for sharing!
    Thank you, you're very kind.

Those are fantastic sketches! So much detail, so realistic and lifelike! You have a lot of talent! I like your painting too! I don't think it's "less good" or anything like that, it's just different, I think that with the skill you have for capturing something you see by putting your pencil to paper, that skill would equally translate to using paint, and if you painted more you would become better at it (if you felt it wasn't as good).
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Those are fantastic sketches! So much detail, so realistic and lifelike! You have a lot of talent! I like your painting too! I don't think it's "less good" or anything like that, it's just different, I think that with the skill you have for capturing something you see by putting your pencil to paper, that skill would equally translate to using paint, and if you painted more you would become better at it (if you felt it wasn't as good).
    Thank you very much Relight. I'm so glad you like it
    I will explain why i never specifically liked paint. I never liked paints much cause it is very time risky, so to speak. If the paint isn't good your painting isn't good, and you don't know if the paint is good unless you do something with it often. You've got to develop a style which is quite hard if you're new in it. But I'm sure you're right about the painting every day.
    I used to draw since I was a very little kid, from an early childhood. It runs in the family, my family is made of creative people and we all draw and my brother plays guitar. I stopped drawing often at one point during the elementary school I'm not sure why.
    But then I got the internet and I saw how people draw, and I almost cried out from the jealousy. That was somewhere in 2006 or 2007.
    From that point on I drawed every day something new. Sometimes I wouldn't even sleep. I'd be still awake around 8 am finishing about 2-3 drawings. And I'm somewhat proud of myself now, but I'm still not completely satisfied. I always say to myself, this isn't good, I must take more and more time on this and it would happen that I would draw a portrait for straight 15-20 hours without a pause or rasing an eyebrow, without even food. I don't do that anymore though, drawing a portrait doesn't take that much time anymore.
    I'll show you how I progressed back then. I only used to draw Antonio Banderas.

I will have to do him again eventually to see how good will he look now.
    So hard work can do a big positive change for everyone. So all of you who ever is reading this . If you think you're not good enough at something and someone keeps critisizing you, go for it. Never give up on your dreams.
    Thanks for reminding me of that Relight, I really appreciate it and thanks for being supportive !

Sorry for the long response.
    signature image

Dude please make a deviant art account, because these drawings need to be seen! better yet, visit this website, you certainly won't regret it: www.freelanced.com

Quote Originally Posted by Art_Addict View Post
    Dude please make a deviant art account, because these drawings need to be seen! better yet, visit this website, you certainly won't regret it: www.freelanced.com
    I do have a deviantart account.

And what is that freelanced.com site about?
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I do have a deviantart account.

And what is that freelanced.com site about?
    People visit the website to hire artists & photographers alike, and you're also given the freedom to price your work as well, and it's absolutely free unless you pay for premium membership that'll put you in the top listings faster but it's pretty pricey so if you have no problem getting just weekly job alerts just use the free version instead, it's just as good and you don't have to pay interest fees period.

Quote Originally Posted by Art_Addict View Post
    People visit the website to hire artists & photographers alike, and you're also given the freedom to price your work as well, and it's absolutely free unless you pay for premium membership that'll put you in the top listings faster but it's pretty pricey so if you have no problem getting just weekly job alerts just use the free version instead, it's just as good and you don't have to pay interest fees period.
    It asks me to enter my credit card serial and security code in advance. It didn't let me finish my registration completey without adding the numbers so I guess it's not that free? xD I do appreciate it though. But I do not have a credit card since I'm uneployed, but even if I had I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable to type in anywhere of its details on the internet : o
    signature image

Here's my newest work from yesterday.

It's the first time I have sold anything in coloured pencil.
    signature image

Nea bad.

I have a question: would you make me a dragon, based on a pic I have?
    Reason: this dragon is from my game-clan The Dragon Talon Marauders =DTM=, and I would love it as a tat on my back.
    Sadly, the dragon is bloody dark-red, which would turn it into a big red blurry smudgy stain... :P
    Only asking, brother.
    I have the patience of a Sith Lord, the temper of a Krayt Dragon!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by ATunTe View Post
    Nea bad.

I have a question: would you make me a dragon, based on a pic I have?
    Reason: this dragon is from my game-clan The Dragon Talon Marauders =DTM=, and I would love it as a tat on my back.
    Sadly, the dragon is bloody dark-red, which would turn it into a big red blurry smudgy stain... :P
    Only asking, brother.
    Oh I understand your PM now. Usually I charge my work to people but I'll do it man, why not. Just when I'm done finishing with the new thing I'm working on.

Hope you guys like it!
    I'm drawing this since the last night, and this is the current state of the drawing.
    signature image

Progression number 3
    signature image

NICE!
    signature image

Superb work! You definitely have a future as an artist.

Very, Very good. I've seen a lot of professionals who don't have one tenth the skill you display!

NICE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    Those are awesome Tibs!
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    Superb work! You definitely have a future as an artist.

Very, Very good. I've seen a lot of professionals who don't have one tenth the skill you display!
    Thanks alot guys, you're very very kind !
    @theBlackman
    That has to be probably the best comment I've ever got! Thank you!

This drawing is on A4 paper format, which is the size of a regular printing paper. I wanted the drawing to be more precise but I failed at the start cause I didn't have the right tools, but my mother and a friend told me to keep on drawing it so I did cause they said it was good.

Here's the last image of the WIP (work in progress) , the next one and the last one will show the result of the finished drawing !

I tried to increase the speed of my performance but it is impossible for me at the moment, sometimes it takes me hours to draw 3x3cm of the drawing.
    signature image

You definitely have a future as an artist
    The hard part is a future as a "working" artist. Having great talent and being able to use that talent to make a living with are pretty different unfortunately.
    I hope you have luck doing both
    signature image

The hard part is a future as a "working" artist. Having great talent and being able to use that talent to make a living with are pretty different unfortunately.
    Blowhard, has that right. It is really tough to earn a living and recognition in any of the arts.

The hard decision is: "Do I do it and try to make a living at it? Or do I just do it as I have been and make an occasional sale!"

You might try being an illustrator for books, or as a technical artist. Both of which don't give you much recognition as an ARTIST, just as a skilled (maybe) interpreter or 'pencil pusher'.

In any event, as we don't know your age group, these decisions will need to be made. My advice, which is worth what it costs you, is that once you have made the choice, don't quit because the road seems hard.

I decided 50 years ago, that a professional on the road musician was not for me. I saw many who chose that road who spent their lives doing one night stands and weekends and never getting a break.

On the other hand, I used to do a gig in San Francisco at a little wine bar. During breaks a beatup street musician with a beat up 12 string guitar used to come in and play. He went to a place called Woodstock,did a 5 minute fill in of a one word song and is now called Richie Havens.

Another friend wrote "Hey Joe", the one Hendrix made famous. Billy was an excellent song writer, a great baritone voice, good stage presence and audience pleaser. He spent his life doing one nighters and weekends and never got off the ground.

The train MUST stop at your station, or you don't have a chance to get on board or move on.

Keep drawing, if for no other reason than to please yourself. I do that with my music. I don't need the Fame or fortune.

Good luck whatever you choose to do and DON'T STOP DRAWING! You are, as I said, very, very good and will, I am sure only get better. The butterflies are gorgeous.!

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    Blowhard, has that right. It is really tough to earn a living and recognition in any of the arts.

The hard decision is: "Do I do it and try to make a living at it? Or do I just do it as I have been and make an occasional sale!"

You might try being an illustrator for books, or as a technical artist. Both of which don't give you much recognition as an ARTIST, just as a skilled (maybe) interpreter or 'pencil pusher'.

In any event, as we don't know your age group, these decisions will need to be made. My advice, which is worth what it costs you, is that once you have made the choice, don't quit because the road seems hard.

I decided 50 years ago, that a professional on the road musician was not for me. I saw many who chose that road who spent their lives doing one night stands and weekends and never getting a break.

On the other hand, I used to do a gig in San Francisco at a little wine bar. During breaks a beatup street musician with a beat up 12 string guitar used to come in and play. He went to a place called Woodstock,did a 5 minute fill in of a one word song and is now called Richie Havens.

Another friend wrote "Hey Joe", the one Hendrix made famous. Billy was an excellent song writer, a great baritone voice, good stage presence and audience pleaser. He spent his life doing one nighters and weekends and never got off the ground.

The train MUST stop at your station, or you don't have a chance to get on board or move on.

Keep drawing, if for no other reason than to please yourself. I do that with my music. I don't need the Fame or fortune.

Good luck whatever you choose to do and DON'T STOP DRAWING! You are, as I said, very, very good and will, I am sure only get better. The butterflies are gorgeous.!
    That's very true theBlackman. I already do make a living of it though. People from time to time ask me to draw something for them and I make money of it.
    The butterflies were an order too :P
    Thanks to my drawings I bought myself an acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 5.1 stereo, mouth-harp and a brand new cellphone that supports wi-fi. And from time to time food.
    I'm really happy that you guys support me and I really appreciate it.
    Here's my finished work:
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast