Thread: 47 automatically wearing a disguise after checkpoint, Suit Only impossible

47 automatically wearing a disguise after checkpoint, Suit Only impossible

Question 47 automatically wearing a disguise after checkpoint, Suit Only impossible

I've finished the game once on hard difficulty, and I'm now replaying on normal, Suit Only. To clarify, I'm having a problem with the automatic level checkpoints, not the player-activated ones.

I got to Shangri-La wearing the suit and quit the game. I had *not* used any disguises, but when I started playing again, 47 was in Shangri-La wearing a police officer's uniform. I restarted the entire level, thinking it was just a bug, got to the Train Station checkpoint and quit the game. Again, when I later continued the game from the beginning of the Train Station checkpoint, 47 was wearing a police officer's uniform, so I had to restart the entire level again.

I googled this, and apparently the game saves whatever outift you had on when you first entered the checkpoint on your *first* playthrough, so it doesn't really matter that I'm not wearing any disguises on this playthrough, 47 will still automatically be wearing a disguise when I select "continue". Ridiculous.

Is there any way around this? Any way to make the level checkpoints actually save the fact that I am wearing the suit this time? I really don't feel like playing all the levels from start to finish in one go.

Some other guy with the same problem: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132576

Originally Posted by Residual
    I really don't feel like playing all the levels from start to finish in one go.
    Why not? Anyway, that's the only solution.

Originally Posted by krusty
    Why not?
    Mainly because I don't always have time to do so. I like to take my time looking for alternate routes and assassination opportunities, which - for some levels - can take quite long, so I appreciated being able to continue later from the start of each checkpoint.

Damn, I wish I'd known this would happen, I would've tried to finish each checkpoint with the suit the first time around.

This game saves what it shouldn't save e doesn't save what it should save.

Originally Posted by Za Fuuru
    This game saves what it shouldn't save e doesn't save what it should save.
    Yeah, seems so... Considering the lack of manual saves, the useless player-activated checkpoints and this thing with the level checkpoints, it's like this game does nothing right when it comes to saving the player's progress.

same here

I have the same issue.

If anyone knows how to solve thins...