Thread: What's the point of this?

What's the point of this?

Question What's the point of this?

I mean, why release it retail as Hitman HD Collection when one of the games, Blood Money, is already out for the 360/PS3. Why not just release the other two over XBL/PSN?
    signature image
    Commando Comics. Screaming "aieeeee" since 1961.

I'm hoping that we can have an online "contracts" play mode like in absolution.

I actually agree aie I'd prefer to just SA and Contracts on XBL especially since I would rather not pay again for a game I already have (BM).

Originally Posted by aieeeee
    I mean, why release it retail as Hitman HD Collection when one of the games, Blood Money, is already out for the 360/PS3. Why not just release the other two over XBL/PSN?
    It's not on PS3, it's on 360 only.

Originally Posted by Za Fuuru
    It's not on PS3, it's on 360 only.
    Thats not true.

Originally Posted by NIB
    Thats not true.
    BM IS ONLY on 360!

Sorry, i made a mistake reading his post. Thought he was still talking about the HD trilogy.

well I for one played blood money on PS2 and did not have it for 360, and considering a copy of blood money is still $30-$40 getting it with this package is a nice deal

I guess it's convenient to have ONE disc containing all three games (plus the sniper challenge) than having three seperate discs cluttering up your games shelf. It's a pain having to get up and change discs when you feel like playing something else that's more or less in the same series.

Indulging laziness...love it.

Well actually, this game comes with two discs - Blood Money has its own. So I'm guessing it's just a re-release, considering that when you pop the BM disc in, the console will recognise it as Blood Money, not 'Hitman HD Pack' as with the other disc. Not to mention that there isn't any noticeable differences in graphics between this Blood Money and the original Xbox 360 release.

(click image to enlarge)

My copy has all three games on a single disc. I guess it varies.

Originally Posted by GratuitousViolets
    My copy has all three games on a single disc. I guess it varies.
    That's weird. Where did you get yours?

(click image to enlarge)

Maybe that's PS3 version, Blu-ray discs contain 50 gigabytes.

Yeah PS3 discs have all 3 games on it.