Thread: Farewell 47.

Farewell 47.

Farewell 47.

I've finally decided to sell Absolution. After spending £35 on it and then it reducing in price to £20 within a month was shocking. It's as if IO taunted those who pre ordered the game.

I backed up the game from Day 1. I voted for 47 for every competition such as Best assassin I also liked/Favorited ever Hitman video. I couldn't wait for it to realease..but now.. nothing... The game i felt was a waste of money. Others may differ in opinion but that's how it was for me.

I will take away a valuable lesson from this. Never hype yourself about anything.
    The trilogy is out soon, but im not going to get it. IO is just leaching more money off of us.

As a fan of the series, Hitman is dead to me.

Trilogy is gonna be

AAAAAMMMAAAAAZIIINNNGGGG!

This is something you might want to see...

Too bad the game was a let down for you. When Hitman 6 comes out you should wait for reviews and ask around the forums before purchasing. I wouldn't give up on the series yet.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Yuval@IL
    This is something you might want to see...
    Forget DLC, we still have to pay for it and it will be only a couple of missions. They should spend their creativity on the next game.

Hitman Absolution is not that bad. I don´t know how you guys are playing the Hitman Games. When I get new game, I beat it on top scores and then sometimes I play the game and just missions I liked. I try to beat it differently or just kill everyone and try not to be seen. This is exactly what I do in Absolution. DLC Missions they would be great. But I would prefer new game with things we wanted to be repaired and with new story. Sandbox missions and shootout at the end as was in every Hitman game instead of Contracts. Absolution wasn´t satisfaction as was other hitman games. But I understand why - It was story driven but it dosen´t stop developers from making new levels.

I would make the game differently.

You would have to make services for Birdie ( Sandbox missions with targets)
    Birdie would give you informations about people which are trying to target her or story missions that would be like story epilogue of story missions.

Ending: You try to hide with Victoria maybe in Sicilia and Travis with ICA retards are after you. Something like Bond with M in Skyfall. And you would have to kill everyone. Big shootout. Killing travis and singing thunder song...

- I know this is a stupid idea but I would make game like this.

There is flaws in the AI, but that have been the case in every game (and in most other games to). As for a Hitman experience I cant see how you can be really dissapointed. It is more or less exactly the same as the previous games. For me that is a good thing (apart from the AI and some minor details). For me personally I think this was my favorite Hitman game after Blood Money. But they need to improve the AI for the next installment. DLC would be nice, i would love some more missions.

Originally Posted by branco18
    Hitman Absolution is not that bad. I don´t know how you guys are playing the Hitman Games. When I get new game, I beat it on top scores and then sometimes I play the game and just missions I liked. I try to beat it differently or just kill everyone and try not to be seen. This is exactly what I do in Absolution. DLC Missions they would be great. But I would prefer new game with things we wanted to be repaired and with new story. Sandbox missions and shootout at the end as was in every Hitman game instead of Contracts. Absolution wasn´t satisfaction as was other hitman games. But I understand why - It was story driven but it dosen´t stop developers from making new levels.
    I want to play an open ended assasination game where I get choices in how I navigate the environment and eliminate the targets. This game forces you down one path, going from doorway to doorway, with a few token options, and most of the times the end goal of a level is escaping without actually killing anybody. I don't see how people can defend this game as being just as good a Blood Money. It's not even close to a sequel, and it is objectively worse in every way other than graphics(overstatement, but not by much.)

Originally Posted by outcasts
    As for a Hitman experience I cant see how you can be really dissapointed. It is more or less exactly the same as the previous games.
    I don't understand how you can say this. You mention that you've played Blood Money, were you blackout drunk the whole time? A few differences include:

-Non-linear, sandbox environments.
    -Targets that you had to kill in every mission.
    -Weapons select and planning before, and a map during the mission

There are others, but if you cannot recognize that these changes are significant to the structure and overall experience of the game, then there is no point in communicating with you.

IO failed us with this offering, and it's fans like you that prevent the rest of us Hitman fans from rescuing a wonderful game franchise from ineptitude and greed.

Originally Posted by MoreModestThanU
    IO failed us with this offering, and it's fans like you that prevent the rest of us Hitman fans from rescuing a wonderful game franchise from ineptitude and greed.

i think the games great, never had a target i couldn't kill in at least a half dozen ways, i just think the games way to hard for most folks so they get frustrated & bitter....

Originally Posted by jaredb
    i think the games great, never had a target i couldn't kill in at least a half dozen ways, i just think the games way to hard for most folks so they get frustrated & bitter....
    The game was not hard, if anything it was extremely easy. If you played any of the old games, you would've released that there was tons more ways to kill targets instead of just the ways the game developers wanted to. I got all trophies within the first month, easiest Platinum ever. Im ashamed to be a Hitman fan, this game was a failure to a lot of us.

Originally Posted by Bane391
    The game was not hard, if anything it was extremely easy. If you played any of the old games, you would've released that there was tons more ways to kill targets instead of just the ways the game developers wanted to. I got all trophies within the first month, easiest Platinum ever. Im ashamed to be a Hitman fan, this game was a failure to a lot of us.
    played all the hitman games and think this is the best. Your talk of it being easy smells of insecurity & failure....

Originally Posted by jaredb
    played all the hitman games and think this is the best. Your talk of it being easy smells of insecurity & failure....
    I'm sorry, but it is too easy.
    signature image

Originally Posted by MoreModestThanU
    I want to play an open ended assasination game where I get choices in how I navigate the environment and eliminate the targets
    Play Assassin's Creed.

Originally Posted by Za Fuuru
    Play Assassin's Creed.
    I played 1 and 2, enjoyed them thorughly, but i wish they had better stealth mechanics. Im going to pick up the rest of the collection later this year.