Thread: [SPOILER ALERT!] The Reaver's Journey TIMELINE

[SPOILER ALERT!] The Reaver's Journey TIMELINE

Hi there! I put together myself this timeline about the Reaver's Journey in the story, based upon information that we already have. Hopefully, this will also make it clear of why is Raziel imprisoned within the blade. If I missed something or did any mistakes, please, let them be known to me...!

So, here it is:

- The Reaver is forged

- Janos offers the Reaver to the future Raziel

- The future Raziel kills his present self and his Sarafan brethren with the Reaver

- The future Raziel is imprisoned within the Reaver and becomes it's ravenous spirit

- The Reaver is passed to William the Just by Moebius

- The Reaver is shatterd bettween the battle of William with a future Kain and his incarnation of the Reaver

- The broken Reaver is placed on William's tomb and is restored by another future Raziel

- This future Raziel kills the future Kain with the restored Reaver.

- The Reaver is placed in Avernus Cathedral and is claimed by Kain

- Kain travels back in time and kills William the Just with the Reaver

- The Reaver is destroyed but it's spirit becomes eternally bound to Raziel when Kain strikes him with it, thus becoming a Wraith Blade

- Raziel travels in the past with Kain

- Raziel finds a broken incarnation of the Reaver on William's tomb and restores it with the power of the Wraith Blade

- In Raziel's grasp, the Wraith Blade conjoins with the restored Reaver Blade and drives him to impale Kain, thus killing him

- Raziel travels earlier into the past to find Janos Audron

- Raziel finds Janos and is gifted by him with the Reaver

- Unable to use the Wraith Blade because of Moebius's staff, Raziel chooses to use the Reaver given by Janos to kill his past incarnation and the other Sarafan brothers

- Away from Moebius's influence the Wraith Blade conjoins again with its former self and drives Raziel to impale himself with the Reaver, thus becoming imprisoned within the Reaver

*So, if you notice, this the full circle we're talking about, the infinite loop which Raziel is initially doomed to skim through.

That's exactly what happens in one version of history, yes. But to be really pedantic, don't forget that the paradoxes in BO1 and SR2 cause history to reshuffle, so there are multiple iterations of the Reaver's journey. A couple of these events therefore no longer "apply".

This order of events does sync up with the timeline as we know it at the beginning of SR2 (Raziel kills Kain, etc), but not with the timeline the new paradoxes have left us in by the end of SR2 (which carries on into BO2 and Defiance).

It's already clear that this is the timeline of the 1st Paradox...But this timeline is made for the sole purpose of people to understand what makes Raziel be traped in the Reaver. "Why he and not anyone else...?"

OK, just a heads up.

A huge spoiler, indeed.

Anyway, I didn't read it yet because I've still to connect the dots myself. Reading it from a source would kill it for me. :} anyway, gj and it'll probably help someone (though I agree with Corlagon)

I already made myself clear, that this is indeed the INITIAL course of the events (1st Paradox Timeline) so that it can make it clear of why Raziel is always trapped in The Reaver. And don't worry, I'm much aware of the following Paradoxes, I can assure you, gentlemen... You need to know the "hystory" before you "abhor" its "Paradox"

I do need someone to sit down with me and explain this all very slowly and carefully just like this. Thank you :d

And then just when I think I've got it all... I need it explained over again.

I really don't see why people get so confused by this stuff.

I'm confused about 67% of the time, and the rest of the time I'm just refusing to admit to being confused. We're doing pretty good for not having any real time traveling experience. Real time travelers would probably smack us upside the head and tell us that we're idjits for failing to take into account any of the actual mechanics of time-travel. That'd make it even more confusing if we had to use math.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha View Post
    I really don't see why people get so confused by this stuff.
    As I'm someone who's not having English language as their native one and given the fact that I started the LoK series when I was 6. years old I can't see any logical reason not to get confused with chronological factors and/or the whole concept of the game.
    As I said, I still have to connect dots myself but I'm not in a hurry due to a fact that the story of the series is amazing and IMO best in the gaming world.
    So, there're factors which should portray that not everyone had the same experience with the games and that not everyone played all five parts of the series.

Though, I wouldn't call anything "confusing" due to a fact that it's all there in the series (apart from the sentence "Why should anyone know your name, Raziel?" which is, for me, a nice little abstract touch - though forum members discussed about it in some topic not too long ago.

OK, you're right about that, language barrier and such, yes I understand how that can be confusing. I just didn't think about that.