Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Agent 47 doesn't come off as the worlds best assassin...

Agent 47 doesn't come off as the worlds best assassin...

Agent 47 doesn't come off as the worlds best assassin...

I've been thinking a lot about the part on Terminus where he attempts to strangle Sanchez with his Fiber Wire. Agent 47 would never have attempted anything that foolish. The guy is obviously three times larger than himself. Then as he is left for dead, he only survives pretty much by chance. A lot in the game and the previous movie, came down to chance. It shouldn't be like this. Agent 47 is the best. That doesn't mean everything is instinctive. It means he knows to plan ahead and is still capable of adapting to the situation. Nor would he have got caught on the "Skurky's Law" level. He is simply too skilled to fall into traps like these.

I'm not saying he's invulnerable, but the traps should have to be way more clever than they were. 47 would probably have shot Sanchez through the head, instead or hit him with the butt of his gun or even broken his neck.

I'm just saying. Agent 47 is the ultimate killing machine and he should come off like so. He has not only been genetically enhanced to be a killer, but he has experience. He doesn't get eager, impatient or stressed. He doesn't think "I'm so close now, I'll just rush this real quick."

You should make him come off way more professional and skilled.
    signature image

Well, you are probably right...
    But life is an irony...when you too smart, you are expecting everything would be smart and stupid will be transparent. And the problem with professional is that he is doing his work proffessionaly and he dosen´t think about things that are lower. And you fall into traps and make mistakes that are not proffessional at all.

That fibre wire is stupid, you are absolutely right but did he have a different choice? He gave up his inventory, there was only one way he could get in and he found Sanchez masturbating or whatever he was doing. I don´t know how to outsmart masturbating Sanchez...maybe, infuse acid into his lubricant and watch what happen to him...

H:A should be called Sneakman Absolution. Hitman isn't about crawling around like a scared fool; it's about having control and a keen capability for strategical and tactical planning. I don't understand why 47 would care about Diana and Victoria either. He weren't an inch soft in the previous games - he only cared about money and himself.

Originally Posted by Tinfoilhat_Guy
    H:A should be called Sneakman Absolution. Hitman isn't about crawling around like a scared fool; it's about having control and a keen capability for strategical and tactical planning. I don't understand why 47 would care about Diana and Victoria either. He weren't an inch soft in the previous games - he only cared about money and himself.
    Exactly. He only cared about money and himself in previous games. They should stick to that. Not try to explore his personality, because he doesn't have more personality that what we see in the games. He wants his money. End of line.

He had a snub. He could've used it to kill Sanchez. I'm pretty sure that firing into his skull at point blank would create a silencer effect.
    signature image

Yes he had and the shot would alert every guard in the area and give a warning to his target. And that coward Dexter would be long gone...

To me he is the ultimate assassin. This game is after my own heart I swear. A genetically modified human built to be a killer with predator instincts. He hunted like an animal would, a human that channeled the spirit of the rattlesnake.

I love how deep the story is, how deep 47 is. Money to an elite killer doesn't matter, he can get whatever he wants anytime he wants.

The traps I'm guessing were supposed to move the story along and to build character to his enemies. I will forever profess my love for this game. This is a thinking man's game, everyone else can go back to their CoD's and Battlefield whatever.

I love that people didnt complain when 47 retired to a catholic church becouse he had regrets,people where fine,but helping someone that went trough the same torture than 47 and giving her the chance 47 didnt have?Nope,thats silly...
    Also,in the Terminus,47 didnt have any silenced weapons;his only options were:
    A-Try to fiberwire Sanchez.
    B-Try to take out Dexter and Layla,but quickly and silently enough so that Sanchez would have time to react.

Option A was the least risky one.

Originally Posted by Jace_Auditore
    I love that people didnt complain when 47 retired to a catholic church becouse he had regrets,people where fine,but helping someone that went trough the same torture than 47 and giving her the chance 47 didnt have?Nope,thats silly...
    Also,in the Terminus,47 didnt have any silenced weapons;his only options were:
    A-Try to fiberwire Sanchez.
    B-Try to take out Dexter and Layla,but quickly and silently enough so that Sanchez would have time to react.

Option A was the least risky one.
    Umm... I found I knife in Terminus.

C- Slit Sanchez's thought and enter the room with Dexter and do whatever 47 planned. Then escape.

My point is that if I were playing as 47 at that moment I would have thought hmmm... maybe that wont work. And thought of another way. Here is more options.

D- Wait till he leaves for patrol. Or to take a .
    E- Get a syringe of drain ceaner and stick him while he sleeps.
    F-Poinsin his food like 47 did with Zun. (Im sure Terminus has a kitchen somewhere)

Hitman is about variety. There is a problem, so you adapt and solve the problem. It makes me feel so stupid that 47 does idiotic things that I would never do.

I like how a some of you have no imagination at all. He's Agent 47. Of course there's some sort of alternative to the fiber wire.
    signature image

Skurky's trap was really clever IMO. In that piece of , poorly maintained prison a random water leak seems like a very possible scenario.

Originally Posted by branco18
    Yes he had and the shot would alert every guard in the area and give a warning to his target. And that coward Dexter would be long gone...
    Dexter was in the next room, one shot into sanchez, and walk into the next room take out dexter and escape through a window.

He was on a bunch of pills. Probably why he wasnt up to 47 standards.

Originally Posted by famousness1
    Where in the game do we see 47 OD'ing on pills? I recall the cut scene of 47 just sitting there waiting for the call, then he slits his bar-code for no reason, Then Terminus starts. His OD'ing on pills makes sense for his trashy appearance but even if that theory is true then why did IO not show it. 47 just does not seem like the kind of man to succumb to such an idiotic action as overdosing on pills.

Originally Posted by Thriller
    47 just does not seem like the kind of man to succumb to such an idiotic action as overdosing on pills.
    Allegedly, they had made an entire binge-drinking cut scene were he had lost all his wit and senses ending with him cutting of the bar code at the back of his head. Thank God, they settled with only him removing the bar code.

Allegedly, they had made an entire binge-drinking cut scene were he had lost all his wit and senses ending with him cutting of the bar code at the back of his head. Thank God, they settled with only him removing the bar code.
    I always wondered if he set off alarms in grocery stores, or what would happen if someone used a bar code scanner.

Originally Posted by famousness1
    He developed and overcame his addiction to pain killers during the novel Hitman: Damnation.

Originally Posted by ocelot64
    He developed and overcame his addiction to pain killers during the novel Hitman: Damnation.
    Didn't know that.... Thanks. Maybe I will grab the book, can anyone recommend it?

Skurky's Law: I didn't really view that as 47 being careless, I mean really how would you know that just because there is a puddle of water indicates that theres a man waiting behind a wall with a taser to shock you. Could have been a better more creative way to attempt to conquer 47, but I still didn't mind it extremely.

As far as 47 attempt to strangle Sanchez:
    Right when I saw him do it I was practically ready to scream NOOO!
    I was also thinking of how inconvenient it is that he lost his Silverballers at such a time where it would have been so useful.

I guess he could have tried to stab him like someone said earlier, but they would have had to work it in as to how he got the knife. Even then they could have placed a knife in the room or something. Or he could have snapped his neck since he was able to in Fight Night.

Fire the gun point blank at the skull. Barrel sealing tight around the skull creates a silencer effect.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Duspende .
    Fire the gun point blank at the skull. Barrel sealing tight around the skull creates a silencer effect.
    The drum of a revolver however isn't sealed which is the main reason they usually can't be silenced. (With the exception of that obscure russian one)
    However I guess 47 could still have used a knife to kill sunchez, or just avoided him since strictly speaking he is neither the actual target of the mission nor does he appear to be terribly intelligent.

I read that somewhere too. Although they cut it, there's pieces of the scene still in what was eventually put in the game (table is covered in bottles, etc when 47 is staring out of the window during the start of Terminus).

That's just ridiculous. He is a genetically enhanced clone. Capable of rapidly metabolising psychological trauma. As the ICA file states itself. 100% successrate. Why would he suddenly feel the need to hit the sauce...
    signature image

47 is capable of massacring an entire church full of FBI agents with only handguns from just waking up out of a freaking coma, but when it comes to some red-neck dumbass sheriff from Middle of Nowhere, South Dakota he just cant do it.
    I have an Idea! 47 could rig explosives under the Sheriff's car and when he exit's the courthouse *boom*. Problem solved.
    WHY CAN YOU NOT JUST KILL PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT IN THIS GAME? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ENTER CUT SCENES WHENEVER YOU KILL YOUR PRIMARY TARGET'S? The only thing I keep saying during this game is "Why can't I do this, Why can't I do that, Why can I just go through this way, Why, does 47 try to strangle a 10ft. mutant? Why do yuo soot the sheriff in the face then talk to him later? Why can I massacre 17 people on Fight Night and still achieve Silent Assassin? Why does covering your face with your hand require super assassin skill/ instinct? Why does the ICA, a super secretive group designed for subtle contract killings, suddenly have an army and literally invades a city, and why does no one call the National Guard to get rid of them, is that not what the Army is for, why does the ICA go so High Profile, they are only going to attract attention? Why does idiot wannabe cowboy best 47 so much? Why does Hitman 5 only take place in either Chicago or South Dakota, would it kill them to go to New York, Spain, Miami, or ANYWHERE OTHER THAN SOUTH DAKOTA! Why did IO replace the respected Hitman devolution team with the awful Kane & Lynch team? Why do they not patch this broken game? Why has IO suddenly become so greedy and lazy? Why? Why? Why? Why? WHY? WHY? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm going insane here. All that I want to do is obliterate Hitman Absolution from my brain! Forget I ever payed this abomination.

That's another good point.

1. Why does ICA have an army that literally massacres entire towns and nobody figuring it out?
    2. Why does ICA literally have their corporation name and logo on both their armor AND guns. Seriously? Why would you advertise being a super secret contract distributor?
    3. Why are the nuns so terrible? They're just like any other NPC. When they see you, they should try to sneak up on you. What happened to their RPG?
    4. How does everyone suddenly know of this "myth" known as "The Hitman"?
    5. Why do they have pictures of him?
    6. What happened to nobody being able to make a perfect killer clone like Ortmeyer did because all his work was destroyed?
    7. How did Travis even manage to make a clone, without his superiors finding out? He's going to need some sort of superlab for that.
    signature image

That's just ridiculous. He is a genetically enhanced clone. Capable of rapidly metabolising psychological trauma. As the ICA file states itself. 100% successrate. Why would he suddenly feel the need to hit the sauce...
    Could be any number of reasons why he'd hit the sauce. Boredom? It's not like he has much else in his life to fill his time with while he sat there for God knows how long waiting for Birdie to call. Perhaps he drank to dull the pain before he took the razor to his head (he's obviously not going to use painkillers since as far as Hitman: Damnation goes, he's overcome that addiction). Perhaps it's simply one of those 'crisis' moments where he no longer knows who or what he is as he turns his back on the agency and essentially who he knew he was. God only knows. I can see why they would cut that out, regardless of crisis or boredom, 47 isn't a bloke I can see getting sloshed while he's meant to be focused on a task at hand (like observing and protecting Victoria from afar).

Personally I think they wanted the character to evolve a lot more than was originally shown in game (although he has evolved slightly). Looking at the artwork book from the Professional Edition box, there's a lot of weird concepts there that didn't happen in the game but the artists must have gotten those ideas from somewhere (picture of 47 getting a tattoo on his shoulder for example with the date 1991-2007 it. Where'd THAT idea come from?).

Exactly. He only cared about money and himself in previous games. They should stick to that. Not try to explore his personality, because he doesn't have more personality that what we see in the games. He wants his money. End of line.

He had a snub. He could've used it to kill Sanchez. I'm pretty sure that firing into his skull at point blank would create a silencer effect.

Yes they totally ruined hitman.
    Its would be good if next year Io interactive would say: pretend this game never happened in sequel its a "special episode"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last