Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider: The Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Indeed, the comic is part of the Best Buy pre-order. Though the Best Buy comics seems to be a physical hardback book.
    Now that we got that sorted out (hopefully) I can comment on Brian's incredibly GORGEOUS artwork for this cover. I mean just wow, we don't get enough of his renditions of Lara
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Now that we got that sorted out (hopefully) I can comment on Brian's incredibly GORGEOUS artwork for this cover. I mean just wow, we don't get enough of his renditions of Lara
    IKR? First the OXM cover, now this! He's AMAZE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are two different versions here.

Some links refer to a digital copy which I assume comes on the disc.

Other websites, like this one, look like they'll be selling it in "48-page, 6-part hard cover"

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/E...omic/21001352/
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍß Ɍ∆¡Ðєʁ.

Wow, its so odd to see her without cuts and bruises :3 You can get this comic If you Pre order from best buy. And I'm pretty sure its available for PS3 and Xbox 360 ( Tombraider.com )

Quote Originally Posted by wandofwillow View Post
    Wow, its so odd to see her without cuts and bruises :3 You can get this comic If you Pre order from best buy. And I'm pretty sure its available for PS3 and Xbox 360 ( Tombraider.com )
    Damn no best buy in Australia
    signature image

Omg! I need to get this!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheTombExplorer View Post
    Damn no best buy in Australia
    Found this on the BestBuy Forums ~
    " However, you are able to place an order internationally by using the following protocol to be picked up or shipped to an address in the U.S.:

International orders for U.S. shipping or pickup
    If you have an international billing address, you can now place orders at BestBuy.com® and BestBuy.com/espanol for products that will be shipped to mailing addresses in the U.S. International orders may be shipped to street addresses in the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam, along with AFO/FPO mailing address.

Or, you can place your international order online and pick it up at any U.S. store.
    To complete your online purchase, please use this exact billing address in place of your international billing address during checkout:
    10780 Kempwood Dr.
    Houston, TX 77043

You can also call 001-612-292-0995 (updated August 2012) at any time to get online ordering assistance or place your order over the phone. "

And here is the link to buy it on Tombraider.com ~ http://www.tombraider.com/hooky_phase_2/preorder.php

Found this on the BestBuy Forums ~
    " However, you are able to place an order internationally by using the following protocol to be picked up or shipped to an address in the U.S.:

International orders for U.S. shipping or pickup
    If you have an international billing address, you can now place orders at BestBuy.com® and BestBuy.com/espanol for products that will be shipped to mailing addresses in the U.S. International orders may be shipped to street addresses in the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam, along with AFO/FPO mailing address.

Or, you can place your international order online and pick it up at any U.S. store.
    To complete your online purchase, please use this exact billing address in place of your international billing address during checkout:
    10780 Kempwood Dr.
    Houston, TX 77043

You can also call 001-612-292-0995 (updated August 2012) at any time to get online ordering assistance or place your order over the phone. "

And here is the link to buy it on Tombraider.com ~ http://www.tombraider.com/hooky_phase_2/preorder.php

Thanks I will probably wait till the comic books go on sale separately on ebay then i will get one!
    signature image

Thanks I will probably wait till the comic books go on sale separately on ebay then i will get one!
    Yes Well as long as you get it ~ thats all that matters

Yes Well as long as you get it ~ thats all that matters
    haha
    signature image

I kinda don't like the cover at all :s
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

^ I don't know, it just doesn't go for me, it's like someone made a fanart xD
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ I don't know, it just doesn't go for me, it's like someone made a fanart xD
    Now I can respect differences of opinion, but seriously, Brian Horton is a calibur of artist that can't be compared. Calling it a "fan art" is kind of a disservice to him like you're saying he ain't a professional, which he IS.

An everything about this cover is outsanding - the color, the composition, the expression in Lara from her posture & body language that just speaks volumes of her character.

Just what is not to love about this?
    signature image

I hope this comic becomes an additional digital incentive for pre-orderers on Steam, tbh.
    signature image

Now I can respect differences of opinion, but seriously, Brian Horton is a calibur of artist that can't be compared. Calling it a "fan art" is kind of a disservice to him like you're saying he ain't a professional, which he IS.

An everything about this cover is outsanding - the color, the composition, the expression in Lara from her posture & body language that just speaks volumes of her character.

Just what is not to love about this?
    Exactly. But maybe with 'fan art' thing, Dino wanted to say that it is made by one of the biggest fan of Tomb Raider, Brian Horton.

im kinda with Dino on this one ... I don't like the cover either and to be honest i thought this was fake . i mean im No digital Artist but this doesn't look hand drawn , it looks more like they posed Lara in-game model and then re-painted the face which didn't turn out very good ..... the face is beautiful but it doesn't really match with the body .

this is just my opinion so don't kill me xD
    signature image

waaat.

Perhaps they did use some in game assets, they do that sometimes. It doesn't have to be hand drawn, does it?

But...a digital painting, not looking hand drawn, is good is it not? :/

I don't see what yall are seeing, but okay. ._.

@adobe, I know, that's what makes it weird... I stumbled upon that cover on Tumblr, and I just scrolled past it because I wasn't impressed, I though it was one of many fanarts across that site... And here I am, looking at this official thing, seeing that image and thinking "whoa, I saw this" and I thought it was someone's else attempt at making a comic or something xD I usually fangirl over this stuff and this is probably my first complaining about something but I don't like it xD
    signature image

i so want that book, but maybe later i can buy it off ebay. Since its region only, but no big deal <3 just glad the collectors editions have so much stuff in them <3

It's an artist's official rendering of a character which no doubt is the same for every other comic Lara has graced. If it's "fan art", it's bloody fantastic fan art.

She so purty...

Thanks for the MightyApe link, nevillet, I put on a wish list with notifications for availability...
    signature image

I'm guessing the TR beginning comic will be selling on ebay? I hope so!
    signature image

I'm guessing the TR beginning comic will be selling on ebay? I hope so!
    I'm not putting MY copy up for bid, that's for sure
    signature image

I'm not putting MY copy up for bid, that's for sure
    Haha i wouldnt try! But if company's are i would buy on off ebay
    signature image

I'm sure I could purchase a copy from Amazon or eBay once the game is released. Unless I can get lucky enough to find an online copy to read. It shouldn't be a PC exclusive though--everyone deserves access to it!

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I'm sure I could purchase a copy from Amazon or eBay once the game is released. Unless I can get lucky enough to find an online copy to read. It shouldn't be a PC exclusive though--everyone deserves access to it!
    I hope there will be
    signature image

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast