Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt | OP updated regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Love this thread and seeing all those great photos. Maybe we can get a bit more organized...

Anyone happen to be interested in taking over the OP and maintaining an updated OP with all the latest info about the challenges and a collection of forum member submitted photos?
    Forum member Relight has gracefully volunteered to do this, so we handed the OP over to him

Take a look, folks, he already did a nice job collecting all the information so far

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

he sure did (y)

Well,hopefully they get it fixed and we can get this week's challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Yeah, you didn't miss anything, I've been waiting/watching as well, it's a no go at the moment. I would have assumed it was automated as well. I guess someone forgot to flip the switch.
    Good, it's not just me. Surprised, they've had the new ones up every Sunday.

Hmm there doesn't seem to be a scavenger trivia or photo one up today. It's monday. Strange....

^ they seem to be taking their time
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

And they're up! And no legit photo this week for me. Good thing I have an ID book. :P

Edit: And the photos seem to be getting approved rather quickly, since it wasn't released on a weekend evening!

(click image to enlarge)
    Funny how I opened up to a random page and this is the one I got! The Hawkeye, when I'm from the Hawkeye State, and live in Iowa City, home of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JSwartz0181 View Post
    And they're up!
    Awesome! OP updated Post your photos everyone!
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

gees....they FINALLY have the challenges back up. Here is mine from this week...

I don't have any planes nearby here (other than 35,000 feet straight up), so i got into my library. The plane is an F-14 Tomcat, taken at the Castle Air Museum in Atwater, California, about an hour or so from where i live.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
    The plane is an F-14 Tomcat, taken at the Castle Air Museum in Atwater, California, about an hour or so from where i live.
    D'oh! Why didn't I think to use pics from when I was at the Smithsonian Air & Space museums back in '11?! Oh well.

Week 1 - Survival Mode

My trusty pocket knife.

Week 2 - Maps

Week 3 - Spell it out

I couldn't find enough stuff to spell it out so i had to use McDonald's straws, HDMI to DVI adaptor and some chocolate.

Week 4 - Fan Favorite

Picture of Naomi Kyle from IGN from Halloween.

Week 5 - Animal

Picture of my cat before she got sick.

Week 6 - Collector

Picture of my shelf that shows many of my collectibles and hobbies.

Week 7 - Up in the Sky

Random picture of a plane at Detroit Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealtest View Post
    Picture of my shelf that shows many of my collectibles and hobbies.
    Alright your collectible/hobby shelf officially rocks

Are those VHS Star Trek movies? And a second, *still sealed* Diablo III? Nice I'm pretty sure I have that exact same IKEA bookshelf for my books, I need another one
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Alright your collectible/hobby shelf officially rocks

Are those VHS Star Trek movies? And a second, *still sealed* Diablo III? Nice I'm pretty sure I have that exact same IKEA bookshelf for my books, I need another one
    Yup original star trek movies on VHS and a second sealed diablo 3 collectors that is impossible to sell...

Quote Originally Posted by Sealtest View Post
    Yup original star trek movies on VHS and a second sealed diablo 3 collectors that is impossible to sell...
    Heh I only bought one, it was a hard choice because it is such a great box, but I don't know how, I sold *just* the box for like $40 And then I had an impossible time afterward to sell the USB key. They really flooded the market this time, guess they wanted to be sure they maximized sales for demand.

I finally got rid of my VHS Star Trek movies (I gave them to my parents who still have a VHS deck and some movies LOL) when I finished my collection of the DVDs by finding the last few I needed for $6.99 or something, that was like a couple years ago now.

I'm pretty sure I still have the original trilogy Star Wars movies on VHS though
    signature image

Do we only get one try at photo challenges, because I'm tempted to try a picture of Superman.

^ i am not sure, but if they reject your photo, you might be able to try another one
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dan de lion View Post
    Do we only get one try at photo challenges, because I'm tempted to try a picture of Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
    ^ i am not sure, but if they reject your photo, you might be able to try another one
    Yeah, I've been wondering this as well, I really don't want to have anything rejected in order to find out!

I would assume if you get the trivia wrong that you don't get a second chance, but if they reject your photo it sure would be nice to be able to try again. Has anyone had a photo rejected?

I would probably choose to play it safe, then again, if they accept your Superman picture that'd be awesome

It sounds to me like they are fairly lenient in what they accept.
    signature image

I'm never happy unless I always try to improve

Definitely my favorite one so far.

Extra large version:

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dan de lion View Post
    It's a bird, it's a PLANE...

Go for it! *But I agree, can someone confirm they've been rejected and had a second shot?
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍß Ɍ∆¡Ðєʁ.

Here's my entry this week; it's the F-14 from the Grumman Memorial Park near Calverton

I would fail so hard at most of these.

Scavenger Hunt DLC

Can someone tell me exactly where these apply, singleplayer, multiplayer or both?

Single player for future.

It not really DLC, I've heard the skills are in the game already, you just don't have to buy them with salvage if you get them from a preorder or the scavenge hunt.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    It not really DLC, I've heard the skills are in the game already, you just don't have to buy them with salvage if you get them from a preorder or the scavenge hunt.
    I am well aware of that. I referred to them as DLC specifically because the website used that term.

If you want to get real technical, they are kind of DLC = DownLoadable Content = since you are downloading a code to input into the game which unlocks the function. But we all know that.

But i have my answer, so i appreciate that.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast