Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Patch Notes - May 29th Update - includes the Prophet!

Patch Notes - May 29th Update - includes the Prophet!

The reason people want a nerf is because of damage increases that accidentally made it into a patch. It's so drastic I can't imagine that the dev team did it intentionally. Once that gets fixed (and vampire hit detection works properly again) it should make everyone a bit more happy.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    ... I know how to, for the most part, but then you're generally shooting blindly and that is the trade off. It is harassment and a good initiator, I know this. I feel like you're acting like I don't have any time on sentinel when in fact he is my main man.
    That's the point, it works against camping and that's the niche it fills. I'm not assuming you're new to Sentinel, but I've played him as well and seen my team use Sentinel to disgusting advantage, including Air Strike. From what we've gathered, Air Strike is unbelievably less useful than Dive Bomb.

You can get bola'd out of it. I disagree with Dive Bomb personally. Sentinels should be the last one to initiate with Dive Bomb. Again, the whole focus thing, a sentinel can be dropped before they are done casting it. That requires extreme coordination and I don't ever really expect that to happen though. But regardless, dive bomb into 2+ people welcome to focusville, population: you. For picking off, why not I guess. But in team situations I feel air strike is superior because you can hit a group of people for an amount of damage and possibly scatter then to be able to pick them off with kidnap/abduct.
    Bola a Dive Bomb? Haha, the chance of that happening is virtually nill unless you sit there like an imbecile in the air for 5 minutes lining up the perfect Dive Bomb that will cause even the Elder God to feel the pain.

Sounds to me like you have a history of flying at the enemy head on by yourself and then getting gunned down for it. You can attack from multiple directions and if your team is doing anything, you won't be the one to get focused and can initiate with relative ease.

I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, I honestly see a lot of people who want to nerf Sentinel, but I feel like he isn't in a good place to get nerfed at all. I don't want him to be OP, I want him to be high skill cap with high reward.
    I personally think the Sentinel is a bit too strong in his current state and could use minor adjustment.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    That's the point, it works against camping and that's the niche it fills. I'm not assuming you're new to Sentinel, but I've played him as well and seen my team use Sentinel to disgusting advantage, including Air Strike. From what we've gathered, Air Strike is unbelievably less useful than Dive Bomb.
    Er, okay. I guess preference is here, but I still prefer Air Strike and think it doesn't deserve the nerf it got.

Bola a Dive Bomb? Haha, the chance of that happening is virtually nill unless you sit there like an imbecile in the air for 5 minutes lining up the perfect Dive Bomb that will cause even the Elder God to feel the pain.

Sounds to me like you have a history of flying at the enemy head on by yourself and then getting gunned down for it. You can attack from multiple directions and if your team is doing anything, you won't be the one to get focused and can initiate with relative ease.
    I've done it, I've seen it done, I've had it done to me. It's not off the table.

I don't have a history of flying straight into an enemy, stop making assumptions.

I personally think the Sentinel is a bit too strong in his current state and could use minor adjustment.
    If you miss anything, you're out of the game until that CD is back up more then likely. He is high risk and high reward, and doesn't need nerfs. Minor adjustments, yes, but certainly not nerfs.

I'm done debating this with you, however, you're making so many different untrue assumptions. I am speaking from going against high skilled players.

I don't have a history of flying straight into an enemy, stop making assumptions.
    I'm only guessing, nothing is wrong with that and frankly, you can't order me to not assume possibilities.

If you don't like it, there's the door.

If you miss anything, you're out of the game until that CD is back up more then likely. He is high risk and high reward, and doesn't need nerfs. Minor adjustments, yes, but certainly not nerfs.
    Exactly, Dive Bomb is high risk and high reward, why are you even arguing here? Your melee range Kidnap ability is being used against a team of pure ranged units.

I'm done debating this with you, however, you're making so many different untrue assumptions. I am speaking from going against high skilled players.
    stop making assumptions.
    You're assuming I don't fight against high skill players or that I'm not highly skilled myself.

Look, if you want to be a hypocritical mess and back out of the thread entirely, then by all means go for it. But, don't cry when someone debates something with you and after a couple replies you throw in the towel while whimpering how untrue and wrong they are.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Saecred-XIV

-snipped for shortness
    Glad to hear you guys are still trying to find an unbreakable fix for the matchmaking system and saying something about it. =) Makes me warm and fuzzy to know this.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Scout
    Stormbow
    - Undrawn shot damage reduced slightly to 80+110(explosion), was 85+115
    - Stopping power on undrawn shots removed, drawn shots reduced significantly
    - Stopping power on undrawn explosions unchanged, drawn explosions increased slightly

Reaver
    - Melee travel distance increased by 3%

Tyrant
    Melee
    - Melee travel distance increased by 7-10%
    - Melee attack speed increased by 2.5%
    Charge
    - Duration increased to 4 sec from 3.75

Sentinel
    Puncture
    - Cooldown increased to 15 seconds, was 10
    Air Strike
    - Fuse length increased to 1.25 seconds after landing, was 1
    - Added audio cues on impact to better alert nearby humans of danger
    - Bola now correctly knocks Sentinels out of sky during Air Strike
    I actually like all of these balance changes ... but when is Sentinel echolocation going to get some love?

The issue with echolocation is finding a good way to tweak it. They know it needs some work.

C'mon Psyonix, Prophet showed up a week ago. How long should we wait for that mysterious "very soon"-hour?
    We all thirst for new skins .. and nerfs
    signature image

Sentinels are amazing at avoiding damage by moving at ridiculous speeds.
    It doesn't matter how fast or crazy you're trying to move in the air. All of sentinel's maneuvers have predictable paths, and you're going to get tracked regardless of how fast you're moving. A lot of sentinels this junk on me or other good players, and it doesn't save them from getting punished for parading around in open air. This isn't even "Hey, look at me, I'm going to fly as high as possible and hope they don't look up". I'm talking about trying an air-juke after dropping someone or coming in for a pickup. He either spends more time in the open by taking curvy paths or flies in a straight line.

Sents need to fly conservatively. If anything, too conservatively for what they're designed to do in an e-sports environment.
    Last edited by Saturnity; 4th Jun 2014 at 04:20.

Originally Posted by Saturnity
    Sents need to fly conservatively. If anything, too conservatively for what they're designed to do in an e-sports environment.
    You make it sound like he's the only one on the team.

For tournament play, I agree, he's pretty risky. But, good Sentinels are such a pain in my ass. Even though I can track them well, they irritate me and I'd rather fight an excellent Reaver than a Sentinel.

For pub games, Sents can utterly roflstomp lobbies.
    signature image

It's because avoiding damage during setup time is so incredibly important. Sent can only really get in the air once the other three vamps start showing themselves.

Sent's effectiveness isn't even in the top 3 right now. That belongs to Prophet, Reaver, and Hunter with Scout and Tyrant really close behind. Kidnap is really easy to dodge without even looking at where the sent is coming from. Most people I know will agree that the screech is all you need to roll out of the way. You can focus on killing the other vamps and the sent only ends up becoming a threat when he tries to use his backup abilities.

The best thing a sent can do right now is actually use early windup on grabs. Most good sents try to get the pickup as soon as it's active, but that just makes it even easier to dodge.
    Last edited by Saturnity; 4th Jun 2014 at 05:23.

I agree screech is making too obvious kidnap that follows after even for a decent player. Even simple wing-flapping rising up my awareness and thus lowers his chances to kidnap me.

Maybe... disable screech? What you think?
    signature image

I just think the activation timer needs to be reduced a bit. The Beta players have gotten better as a whole, and it's starting to tell. Their reactions are a bit faster, which makes it WAY more difficult. It was hard enough the Alpha version vs decent vets.

Originally Posted by cmstache
    I just think the activation timer needs to be reduced a bit. The Beta players have gotten better as a whole, and it's starting to tell. Their reactions are a bit faster, which makes it WAY more difficult. It was hard enough the Alpha version vs decent vets.
    i agree with this a small reduction in activation would clean up most of my misses (bad timing on my part), however im not gunna cry if it stays as is
    signature image

Page 3 of 3 First First 123