Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - May 29th Update - includes the Prophet!

Patch Notes - May 29th Update - includes the Prophet!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    187
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    I wonder whats the best perk for him/her. any suggestions?
    Personally i like using Cooldown reduction
    Ingame name is Ryouhi, hope to battle you out there on the fields

  2. #27
    Thanks to Corey, he fixed the lvl up bag issue.

    Now I hope in the future I get speed attribute and cooldown attribute on the pistols (dual or heavy)

  3. #28
    Finally Tyrant's attacks are much better to hit!
    Thanks!
    signature image

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ukraine, Kiev
    Posts
    267
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    I wonder whats the best perk for him/her. any suggestions?
    I use Quick wits, Tinkerer and Steadiness.

    When does next update go live? I want to change default skin - don't like it

    Also w8ing for Plague stab - will it be included in it? thx
    signature image

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by ICantPauseItMom
    Finally Tyrant's attacks are much better to hit!
    Thanks!
    I just love how enemies can't simply outrun my attacks anymore.
    Playing Tyrant without this buff was a huge pain and not fun at all, but sadly I have reached lvl 25 and the evolved skin in the past few games and will be playing Reaver from now on.

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by ThomasterXXL
    I just love how enemies can't simply outrun my attacks anymore.
    Playing Tyrant without this buff was a huge pain and not fun at all, but sadly I have reached lvl 25 and the evolved skin in the past few games and will be playing Reaver from now on.
    I bet i can still out run it on my alchemist :P

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by Varulven
    Her!
    It's a lady
    We had a team of 2x Prophets and 2x Alchs last night and it was like GIRL POWER FTW ...but vsing a team of 4 Prophets is pretty awkward – but Sent power yay

    Originally Posted by Saikocat
    The blog has been updated with the two alternate abilities now as well: Draining Curse and Sacrifice.
    Wish I would of noticed this last night - I thought the times in the store were the ones that came with her *sad face* - but cool extra/alternate abilities…what a shame I’ll have to play her some more because they sound awesome!!!!!!

    Tyrant is very nice now btw and Sent is still good too the changes are sweet

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany, Hessen
    Posts
    170
    could you pls add all Hunter nerfs / buffs added with this patch.

    thx

  9. #34
    Originally Posted by Wolf_the_Legend
    could you pls add all Hunter nerfs / buffs added with this patch.

    thx
    i didnt think there was any hunter nerfs/buffs
    signature image

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ukraine, Kiev
    Posts
    267
    Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    i didnt think there was any hunter nerfs/buffs
    ha-ha I guess that was a sarcasm xDD

    I'd like to see changes that were being done to fall damage...
    signature image

  11. #36
    Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    ha-ha I guess that was a sarcasm xDD

    I'd like to see changes that were being done to fall damage...
    Its not sarcasm, besides increasing fall damage they reduced the clip of the heavy crossbow by 1, it was 15 now its 14. (haven't seen any other changes, but would be nice to list all of them in the patch notes...)

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    255
    I really want to know who I have to murder over the sentinel changes.
    I'm just kidding, but I would really like to know the thought process behind that one if someone could enlighten me.

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    I really want to know who I have to murder over the sentinel changes.
    I'm just kidding, but I would really like to know the thought process behind that one if someone could enlighten me.
    The general consensus from players we talked to and internally was that Puncture was a bit too effective at such a low CD, 15 sec brings it in line with other skills on Q.

    Air Strike didn't have any warning like other grenade skills - we extended the fuse *slightly* and added an audio tell, do you feel it's too easy to escape now?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    255
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    The general consensus from players we talked to and internally was that Puncture was a bit too effective at such a low CD, 15 sec brings it in line with other skills on Q.

    Air Strike didn't have any warning like other grenade skills - we extended the fuse *slightly* and added an audio tell, do you feel it's too easy to escape now?
    The Puncture CD doesn't bother me too much, a push / engagement shouldn't be longer then 10-15 seconds anyhow. I haven't noticed much of a difference there.

    Air Strike - I completely agree with the audio cue. That is something I can agree with, before it came in rather silently and thus was hard to escape, simply because you didn't hear it. As for the fuse, I'm... Well, I'm not enjoying that that's for sure. As a sentinel it feels like you're going to put yourself in harm's way 75% of the time to throw that grenade, and since you have to stop people have time to aim and punish you for it. Sentinel is OK against unorganized teams, but I feel like if the other side has a shred of competence they will know where the sentinel is to punish them for being so vulnerable in the air - that's where air strike came in, a way for us to at least be able to get in some sort of damage while keeping our air distance. Besides that all our abilities are close range (and should be) while we are completely visible. The sky is an open, vulnerable place! Perhaps I'm just not used to the delay yet, but I believe in time people will soon be able to dodge the air strike almost 100% based on audio queue alone. I known I have grown an instinct for just automatically rolling away when I hear that noise (It's the same as the poison haze one, right?).

    I'm not going to say I'm good at balancing or numbers at all, I never have been, but that's how I feel about it.

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Air Strike didn't have any warning like other grenade skills - we extended the fuse *slightly* and added an audio tell, do you feel it's too easy to escape now?
    Considering the Sentinel is trading away Dive Bomb, one of the strongest abilities in the game in exchange for a supportive harassment AoE, I would have left the fuse timer alone and just added the audio cue. The problem wasn't the fuse, but simply not knowing there was an Air Strike projectile there in the first place.

    Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    As for the fuse, I'm... Well, I'm not enjoying that that's for sure. As a sentinel it feels like you're going to put yourself in harm's way 75% of the time to throw that grenade, and since you have to stop people have time to aim and punish you for it.
    You have to learn to shoot it properly from safety. It's artillery and shouldn't be used in their face, it's just a harassment ability and should be used as such. Vampires are not good at trading in prolonged fights and will suffer from attrition a lot more than Humans ever will.

    Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    Sentinel is OK against unorganized teams, but I feel like if the other side has a shred of competence they will know where the sentinel is to punish them for being so vulnerable in the air - that's where air strike came in, a way for us to at least be able to get in some sort of damage while keeping our air distance. Besides that all our abilities are close range (and should be) while we are completely visible. The sky is an open, vulnerable place! Perhaps I'm just not used to the delay yet, but I believe in time people will soon be able to dodge the air strike almost 100% based on audio queue alone.
    Sentinels are amazing at avoiding damage by moving at ridiculous speeds. When you go to attack, fly up high and then swoop down, preferably while your team is engaging, grab one of them and carry them off by themselves. Dropping them for 500 damage should make it an easy kill, assuming it's not me as Alchemist, haha. However, even I can't win against a good drop and a Dive Bomb. That combo is ridiculous and is even more entertaining to watch, even if it's being used against me.

    Dive Bomb is the strongest ability in the game. It has so many advantages and it goes incredibly well with all of the Sentinel's other abilities. It really allows them to be able to just dominate 1vs1 fights if they can land their Kidnap or Abduct. Otherwise, it can serve as an amazing initiator for your team and shouldn't be underestimated.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

  16. #41
    Nerf the damn reavers. They are to fast now. not to mention haze spam still isnt adressed.
    25% sprint speed on a human and a reaver can catch up way to easy now. They didnt need the last patch's buff at all.

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    Nerf the damn reavers. They are to fast now. not to mention haze spam still isnt adressed.
    25% sprint speed on a human and a reaver can catch up way to easy now. They didnt need the last patch's buff at all.
    First of all, you said the same thing here.

    Second of all, Vampires could always catch a Human with or without sprint increase by roll, M1, roll, M1, etc. to catch them.

    "Haze Spam" isn't even a thing. Just because you got rolled in a 3vs4 doesn't mean it's broken. You're the first person I've seen to formally complain about it.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

  18. #43
    Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    First of all, you said the same thing here.

    Second of all, Vampires could always catch a Human with or without sprint increase by roll, M1, roll, M1, etc. to catch them.

    "Haze Spam" isn't even a thing. Just because you got rolled in a 3vs4 doesn't mean it's broken. You're the first person I've seen to formally complain about it.
    same goes for many other things and nah prior i could escape reavers with 25% sprint speed.
    and eveyrone complains bout Haze when many Reavers use it. and duhh ofc 1x give feed back in the patch notes and 1x make a suggestion.

  19. #44
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    same goes for many other things and nah prior i could escape reavers with 25% sprint speed.
    and eveyrone complains bout Haze when many Reavers use it. and duhh ofc 1x give feed back in the patch notes and 1x make a suggestion.
    Yeah, you could outrun them, if they were terrible Vampires. A good Vampire will not be outran by a Human, even with the Fleet Footed perk.

    You didn't leave constructive feedback, you told them to reroll entirely with no alternatives or what you think is fair. Leave the balancing to the skilled players as they have a much firmer grasp on the mechanics of the game and know what is broken or not and your 'evidence' to support from what I can tell is two games where you raged quit before they were even half over after resorting to Ad hominem.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

  20. #45
    Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    Yeah, you could outrun them, if they were terrible Vampires. A good Vampire will not be outran by a Human, even with the Fleet Footed perk.

    You didn't leave constructive feedback, you told them to reroll entirely with no alternatives or what you think is fair. Leave the balancing to the skilled players as they have a much firmer grasp on the mechanics of the game and know what is broken or not and your 'evidence' to support from what I can tell is two games where you raged quit before they were even half over after resorting to Ad hominem.
    more than 2 games, and more skilled players than you agree on it.
    with the speed perk alone you couldnt outrun a Reaver. selective reading is something you also want to do to keep your precious class OP.

    second game We left because we were forming a party and some low lvl threw it off because of balancing issue.
    Then when searching for a new room got thrown back into a 3 v 1 room where you wanted to use haze spam again while hiding, yeah ofc ima stay vs someone who refuses fair play and seemingly selfish.

  21. #46
    Agreed that the longer fuse on Air Strike was unnecessary

  22. #47
    Longer fuse for air strike isnt a problem, encourages better throws than lucky strikes guessing ow they are near X now lets dump it.

  23. #48
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    more than 2 games, and more skilled players than you agree on it.
    with the speed perk alone you couldnt outrun a Reaver. selective reading is something you also want to do to keep your precious class OP.
    Which players exactly? You're friends?

    My 'precious class' is all the classes. I play the class that offers the most value against the enemy team composition. I mostly want the skin for the Reaver so I can move onto the Tyrant for the majority of my gameplay.

    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    second game We left because we were forming a party and some low lvl threw it off because of balancing issue.
    Then when searching for a new room got thrown back into a 3 v 1 room where you wanted to use haze spam again while hiding, yeah ofc ima stay vs someone who refuses fair play and seemingly selfish.
    Was that before or after you raged?

    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    Longer fuse for air strike isnt a problem, encourages better throws than lucky strikes guessing ow they are near X now lets dump it.
    That's ludicrous.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

  24. #49
    Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    Which players exactly? You're friends?

    My 'precious class' is all the classes. I play the class that offers the most value against the enemy team composition. I mostly want the skin for the Reaver so I can move onto the Tyrant for the majority of my gameplay.



    Was that before or after you raged?



    That's ludicrous.
    You really got some reading issues...

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    255
    Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    You have to learn to shoot it properly from safety. It's artillery and shouldn't be used in their face, it's just a harassment ability and should be used as such. Vampires are not good at trading in prolonged fights and will suffer from attrition a lot more than Humans ever will.
    ... I know how to, for the most part, but then you're generally shooting blindly and that is the trade off. It is harassment and a good initiator, I know this. I feel like you're acting like I don't have any time on sentinel when in fact he is my main man.

    Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    Sentinels are amazing at avoiding damage by moving at ridiculous speeds. When you go to attack, fly up high and then swoop down, preferably while your team is engaging, grab one of them and carry them off by themselves. Dropping them for 500 damage should make it an easy kill, assuming it's not me as Alchemist, haha. However, even I can't win against a good drop and a Dive Bomb. That combo is ridiculous and is even more entertaining to watch, even if it's being used against me.
    They have OK movement which is nothing against someone who can half aim. Their speeds are good if they are diving (which it should be).

    Originally Posted by Blastin_Foolz
    Dive Bomb is the strongest ability in the game. It has so many advantages and it goes incredibly well with all of the Sentinel's other abilities. It really allows them to be able to just dominate 1vs1 fights if they can land their Kidnap or Abduct. Otherwise, it can serve as an amazing initiator for your team and shouldn't be underestimated.
    You can get bola'd out of it. I disagree with Dive Bomb personally. Sentinels should be the last one to initiate with Dive Bomb. Again, the whole focus thing, a sentinel can be dropped before they are done casting it. That requires extreme coordination and I don't ever really expect that to happen though. But regardless, dive bomb into 2+ people welcome to focusville, population: you. For picking off, why not I guess. But in team situations I feel air strike is superior because you can hit a group of people for an amount of damage and possibly scatter then to be able to pick them off with kidnap/abduct.

    I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, I honestly see a lot of people who want to nerf Sentinel, but I feel like he isn't in a good place to get nerfed at all. I don't want him to be OP, I want him to be high skill cap with high reward.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Tags for this Thread