Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game?
    Yes
    2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed?
    2 autosave icons appeared. One higher than the other. The lower one vanished, yet the top one stayed, making it impossible for me to quit. This has happened 4 times now, each time geting deeper into the game.
    3. Did you play for an extended period?
    Yes
    4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    Restarting at the checkpoint, in different places
    5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow?
    Yes
    6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    No
    7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied?
    After, because I've bought the game few days ago and since the first time I launched it a request to download a new updating appered.

Where can I get more information about progress about this problem? I didn't manage to finish the game one time yet!!

Hi all

I'm reopening the investigation into this issue. From what we can see, it's a very small amount of people being affected but I completely understand the frustration experienced.

The problem that I'm currently facing is that there's currently no team available to run through a full QA pass and that the last pass after the patch showed no fixable issues remained. So I cannot promise we can address the issues facing this group of people to whom you belong but I'll try to gauge how severe the problem is and communicate that onwards.

I apologize for the grief you're experiencing.

Nick

Thieves!!
    Last i/o/square enix/eidos game for me.
    Crashes on checkpoint.
    47 freeze when i switch my clothes with a dead. But the camera still moves.
    THe game is unplayable. I'm still on chapter one, hunter hunted.
    Thank you for your AMAZING support dudes. Very appreciate.
    Appologies? Don't give a ! Do your job or give our money back!

Thieves!!

Hello,

I am *** tired of those ty FREEZES !!! I pre ordrered the game and got it on november 20th, now we are on JUNE 14th and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Your *** game still freeze all the time, I am TIRED. Can't you do something to fix it ?! Is it too hard to do a game that works properly ?! I am really HANGRY : I bought a game that doesn't work properly and *** freezez all the time making me lose my save (when you have played a lots of hours to end up a level, it's not frustrating, it's *** ANNOYING !!

Ok, now tecnical part :

- I am on PS3 Slim 160go.
    - Bought the game day 1 on box version. I don't know were to download the patch, but if it's automatic when starting the game, I must have already downloaded it.
    - The bug starts by all the sounds (voices) off... Then I'm absolutely sure that the game will crash, it's mathematical. Bug sound = freeze while leaving the game and/or at the end of the level to go to the next one. SAVE IS *** LOST. Console reboot necessary.
    -It happens when restarting the level from a checkpoint multiple time. (What a shame for a die and retry game...)
    - I don't know if I'm connected or not to the PSN when it happens because I can't go to XMB menu because the console is totally frozen.

Most of the freezes happens like that, at the end of the level or when trying to go back to startup menu/leave the game.

I also got like 3 freezes during the game : it's rarer than at the begining in november but it did happened to me yesterday : 3 times in the same day.

To me, the bug has strictly nothing to do with the system used because I've read it happens on PS3, Xbox360 and PC ! So it's a problem inherent to the game itself.

And YES you can have the bug FOR SURE if you reload like numerous times from the begining of the mission (the first checkpoint in any difficulty mode). I have noticed that the last time it happened to me (5 min go), was when I got killed precedently, pressed start button while the screen was grey (dying) and restarted the level on the last checkpoint. Then no sounds --> level ended --> freeze while trying to go back to principal menu.

EXACTLY THE SAME THAN AT THE BEGINING. NOTHING HAS CHANGED AT ALL.

Hitman Absolution is the ONLY GAME I bought new !! I always buy my games on second hand at like 15-20 euros, but I thought this one was about to be so extraordinary that I preordered it. Yes it's extraordinary BUGGED. And you're extraordinary slow to fix it !! In fact, you did absolutely nothing to fix that bug definitively, every player is complaining all over the web... Just have a search on Google about it and take the good consequences !!

Sorry for my bad langage but I'm really chocked to see that you didn't fixed the bug at all. We reported it since the first day ! Now, do something please, we PAYED for that game. For the next Hitman, I will download a torrent version, won't loose my money for a game that will erase my save... it.

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game? YES. EVERY TIME!

2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed? STUCK ON LOADING SCREEN or AGENT47 PROCEEDS THROUGH A DOOR THAN GLITCHES BACK TO OTHER SIDE OF DOOR AND WONT MOVE ANY LONGER or HAS FROZE MY PS3 RIGHT AT THE MAIN MENU.

3. Did you play for an extended period? NO!!!! I HAVENT EVEN FINISHED THE FIRST LEVEL YET. I JUST BOUGHT IT YESTERDAY!!!!

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)YES, IN THE FIRST MISSION. ENTERING THE MANSION AFTER DISABLING THE SECURITY.

5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow? YES

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?LOADING SCREEN FREEZES INDEFINITELY AND XMB CONNOT BE ACCESSED.

7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied? I CANT GET THE 1.02 PATCH. EVEN WHEN I'M CONNECTED TO PSN. AND I JUST BOUGHT THE THIS GAME

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game?
    No

2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed?

3. Did you play for an extended period?
    No. I was only eight minutes into the Prologue.

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    In the prologue, I went across the water the first time, picked up the water arrow and went to fire it at the torch. It doesn't shoot. At all. I've restarted the game so many times because of that and the same thing keeps happening.

5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow?
    Yes

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    No

7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied?
    The weird thing is, I didn't. I wanted to do a new game so I went on a different file after I applied the patch and it turns out I can't progress past that point.

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345