Thread: Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

OMG.. I've posted alot on this tread.. well this will be my last for this tread..
    my game crashes alot after the patch.. and sound missing and stuff like that..

only experienced it once before the patch...!

So with that said, and with all the other things I'v been posting.. looking forward to see an update to fix all those things..

and then I'm looking farward to the next hitman game.. where we might see victoria as an assassin just figure.. and please let us who preordred this game get an discount for the inconvience for playing a bugged game..

What is this? I mean, come on. Two weeks and still no update, no news! You're swimming in big money now and you really think you don't have to put in any effort at all anymore? Is that how you treat your customers after the cash rolled in?

I'm sitting on a game here that I bought months ago (pre-ordered), and have sitting here for 6 weeks now, and I can't do sheet with it. I understand your job is not an easy one, but it still has to be done. You had six years to get it right, but didn't.

I guess when the media is not involved there just is no priority.

If our happiness with your product were of any importance you'd have told us about compensation for our troubles by now or kept us busy with different missions in the Sniper Challenge.

Well, you're not caring anyway. This feels like talking to a rock. Thx for stealing my money.

Problem persist!

Hi,
    after the patch 1.02 the problem persist! Now is happened at level 3 between the loading to the Terminus part1 e part 2, when you go up with the elevator. Black screen with bar code on the left and,..........bug!!!!!!! Restar the game, a window tell me that not are save data!!! I can't play!!!!

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game?
    Yes.

2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed?
    47 walked left continuously even though the controller was still connected and it then froze.

3. Did you play for an extended period?
    Around 2 hours when it crashed.

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    It didn't happen at that place on my first playthrough (3rd mission just getting to Sanchez and Blake Dexter).

5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow?
    Yes I automatically sign in.

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    No, I left it be for 15 minutes and still nothing happened.

7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied?
    I never played before the 1.02 patch.

Hit by save bug and freezing

Been playing the game all through I've been hit with freezes characters just stopping. I've got through this and I've been playing on hard. Today I've been on the cornfield level I've turned off the system as usual and when I've come to play again everything has gone and there is no record of me even starting the game. I thought my system had a bug until I read all these threads. This game is getting returned to the shop. Dreadful service I had this for Xmas and it was still being sold even though these bugs were known about. This should have been pulled

Exclamation Lost savegame after 1.0.2

This report is for PS3.

YES! Thanks for not fixing the issue so far, Eidos!

Screen turned black. Small symbol in the lower right corner circulated for several minutes.

1-2 hours this day.

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    I play on PS3. It happened every time I wanted to restart from a specific checkpoint.
    Mission: Shave for Lenny. I killed the first three gang members and picked the lock to continue to the next part. In the next part, I messed it up and wanted to restart from the last ckeckpoint. Screen turned black with small symbol circulating in the right corner. I waited several minutes and then the game loaded the last checkpoint. When I did the same a second time, the black screen with the circulating symbol did not disappear, and the game did not load the last checkpoint. I had to reset the PS3 then. After that, the savegame was lost.

I have a PSN account, not plus, but I don't know If i was online. I had some connection issues before.

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    After the screen turned black, there was only the small symbol in the lower right corner circulating. For several minutes nothing happpened. Then I pressed the home Button, but the menu did not show up. Then I waited several minutes again. Then I rebooted the PS3. Then the save game was corrupted and lost.

I did not play the game before 1.0.2.

This is for XBOX not PS3

Yes
    I was on the dashboard and then went to start up hitman when i got to the Press start screen i did so and selected my hard drive then the game freezes and i can not do ANYTHING
    3. Did you play for an extended period? I made it a little bit into ACT 2
    4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?) Yes, everytime at the menu before the main menu, where you select the hard drive
    5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow? Yes, I am connected to Xbox Live
    6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)? Nope, just tried starting up the game
    7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied? No, As Soon as i downloaded the patch over xbox live i had problems, the first time i loaded the game after the patch was downloaded.

Originally Posted by SirGerri
    What is this? I mean, come on. Two weeks and still no update, no news! You're swimming in big money now and you really think you don't have to put in any effort at all anymore? Is that how you treat your customers after the cash rolled in?

I'm sitting on a game here that I bought months ago (pre-ordered), and have sitting here for 6 weeks now, and I can't do sheet with it. I understand your job is not an easy one, but it still has to be done. You had six years to get it right, but didn't.

I guess when the media is not involved there just is no priority.

If our happiness with your product were of any importance you'd have told us about compensation for our troubles by now or kept us busy with different missions in the Sniper Challenge.

Well, you're not caring anyway. This feels like talking to a rock. Thx for stealing my money.
    i feel the same exact way, it's starting to piss me off. I understand it's the holiday but have some kind of update from either a forum moderator or your twitter like come on!

No (x 6 or 7), Yes (x 1)

Black screen, infinite loading.

No

No, it can happen everywhere.

When I lost my save, yes, I was connected. But I had many freezes before without being connected.

No

Yes, many times.

After last nights loss of data I've restarted the game, after 5 hours gameplay everything has been lost again. REFUND time.cannot believe this game has been allowed to be sold with all these issues

Trying to complete "the what ever" part 2 challenge in the attack of the saint.. and the guards can spot the guards I'v killed on the balcony even know I I draged them into the room where you start... fix that NOW!!!!

And tell me in what conditions I should complete this challenge..!?! The ones that seem to have completed this, don't work for some of us..!

And If you shoot an enemy straigt in the face when they are alerted they done drop dead..??

Hi Eidos,

my game doesnt crash.

but it does corrupt the game save every time i turn off.

i am in a perpetual training level because of this.

i have tried saving to both hard drive and cloud. both corrupt.

this makes me sad.

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    Hi all

In an effort to get reliable information about whether people have problems with absolution AFTER having applied the 1.02 patch recently released, I'm posting this thread.

We're seeing a bunch of different reports scattered all over the various threads here and it's virtually impossible to cut through trolling, legitimate claims and obscurely described ones.

If you have an issue that persists AFTER your PS3 game has been updated to 1.02 or if you're experiencing NEW issues AFTER updating to 1.02, please post them here with as much detail as you can.

I'll direct the live team to THIS thread in an effort to keep all the information in one place.

PLEASE REFRAIN from getting into discussions, flames or similar. Keep this thread clean to ensure we get the best overview possible.

Also, I'd like to express my apologies to anyone and everyone who feel the information about patches hasn't been optimal. It's extremely hard for us to satisfy everyone who feel they need a daily update. The standard daily update is 'there is no news' until we write something else. I understand that's not ideal but we cannot give you news is there is no news.

Finally, with the holidays looming, I see no way of getting another patch in before they hit and I am sorry to say that any new patch that might be produced will definitely not hit until after Christmas.

UPDATE
    The live team have asked us to get as much information as we can on WHEN the crashes take place - i.e. what you were doing as the game crashed and your save got corrupted.

For instance, does it crash during a cutscene and after you reboot, the save is dead? Does it randomly crash and does that cause corruption?

The corruption we've been able to reproduce is linked to crashing or shutting down the PS3 while the game is saving. The save process takes 3-4 seconds and we've seen users who may have shut down their machines assuming the same is done, while it in fact isn't done saving. This will cause corruption.

So, please follow this format:

I have had a hand full of game freezes.
    1. My 3rd crash had me lose my save file. But the next day it was back. I didn't restart it instantly to check if it was there because I have been losing patience with all the bugs in the game.
    2. I have had 5 game crashes when loading the "Attack of the Saints" level. It was at the opening cut scene when the man welcomes you to the Inn. It never passed that sentence. It may have had more crashes but I got annoyed and quit the game for the day. Next day the level ended up loading. The time I lost my save file was at the very beginning of the part 3 of "Attack of the Saints". 47 was against the wall listening to the Saint instruct the thugs before they walked away. The game itself didn't really freeze, but 47 did. The controller wouldn't respond, even with the Home button. I connected 2 other controllers to the PS3 then they stopped responding as well. During this freeze, the NPCs were walking away like normal. I have also had my game freeze in the decontamination level with the pigs, I forget what was going on exactly.
    3. I do play for an extended amount of time. I like to complete the level and all its challenges in one play through, so I only play days I am completely free. So I've been playing about 5+ hours when the freeze that deleted my save file happened. The freezes without losing save file are random.
    4. No.
    5. Yes.
    6. I don't think so.
    7. No.

Originally Posted by vivalapiet
    Trying to complete "the what ever" part 2 challenge in the attack of the saint.. and the guards can spot the guards I'v killed on the balcony even know I I draged them into the room where you start... fix that NOW!!!!

And tell me in what conditions I should complete this challenge..!?! The ones that seem to have completed this, don't work for some of us..!
    I have that problem too. I move them to the other side of the wall in that room where you are able to "scale" a cover. They're fine over there.

My first crash happened today in the Blackwater Park area

No
    No, was playing for 20 minutes.
    No.
    Yes, logged in automatically.
    No.
    Never played before 1.02.

Originally Posted by sandkiller
    My first crash happened today in the Blackwater Park area

No
    No, was playing for 20 minutes.
    No.
    Yes, logged in automatically.
    No.
    Never played before 1.02.

Ok, second crash in the same level but not in the same spot.
    Last time i was sneaking and still and this time i was killing people with a knife lol
    Also roughly 20-30 minutes after playing.

I'm gonna logout from PSN and see if it's makes any difference...

Originally Posted by sandkiller
    Ok, second crash in the same level but not in the same spot.
    Last time i was sneaking and still and this time i was killing people with a knife lol
    Also roughly 20-30 minutes after playing.

I'm gonna logout from PSN and see if it's makes any difference...
    By the way, the crash was very quick, picture black and then showing PSN dashboard :P

corrupted save file yet again

Hello all,

I just got a corrupted save file for the 4th time. It is really frustrating and cannot go through another playthrough before I know this issue is fixed. One thing I have noticed is that there is no HA save file anywhere in my PS3 system, even when I start the game from scratch and overwrite the save file. The only thing that seems to exist is an 'unknown' save file which for some reason I cannot delete.

I have a PS3 first gen and have installed the 1.02 patch. Here are the details:

There was no crash this time. Simply started the game and got the corrupted save file message.

NA

No. It happened the moment I put the game on.

Not really. The crashes I had experienced in the past seemed to happen randomly.

I am always connected to the internet and signed in the PSN.

No.

Never tried.

Are there any news on releasing a new patch?

My crashes were seemingly random, but all either made the screen turn completely black with a small spinning save icon or the crash occurred after a level completion on the scoreboard. It appeared to be when a connection to the PSN network was lost - even though I was not playing online. I had to restart the game 4 times from the beginning due to corruption of the saved game file.

The ONLY way I have found to play the game successfully was to:

A. Delete all current saved data.
    B. Delete the game installation.
    C. Reinstall the game.
    D. Do not (at any costs) install any updates.

Having done this the game works perfectly. But, now I have completed it and want to take advantage of the contracts feature - which requires installing an update and results in a foul and pestilent gaming experience.

HOW THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE THAT AFTER 6+ YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT, THIS GAME IS STILL A TOTAL MESS?! WHY CAN'T I GET A REFUND FROM STEAM WHEN AFTER THE LAST PATCH GAME BECAME UNPLAYABLE?!

IO, YOU SOLD ME A BETA VERSION OF THE GAME!!

And now to be a little bit more calm, how can it be that now every time that I turn off the game on PC it deletes all progress that I made?! It also crashes apprx. every 5 minutes since it was turned on, not mentioning terrible sound issues that now are worse than ever.

I demand a refund IO, as you sold me untested, terribly broken beta version of the product which is constantly being even more destroyed along with every new so called "patch" that you release. Crap, I could understand if there would be a little bit more problems with PC version because of the different system specifications, but I can't understand how the same (or even worse in few instances) game breaking glitches occurs on console versions. Shame IO. You've turned from a good company to the likes of THQ, without any support to their games, or the ones that make the games even more unplayable and broken.

Right now, I only consider you as THIEVES IO and I have a full right to do so. How could it even be released in such state?! I don't get it.

Thumbs Down

I got hitman abs for Xmas and have played the game upto the saints level. I cannot even load the level as the game either crashes whilst the desk clerk is talking or at the end of the cut screen so I am left with a black screen. I have left the game over night 8 hours and still left with he Sam screen! I am able to quit h game via the ps3 button on the controller and thankfully not yet had a corrupt file save. I have deleted the patch and reinstalled but made no difference. I have taken the save file off my ps3 and played through on another save file after a new install and still I get stuck at the same point. When will this be sorted as I cannot finish the game I have paid for!

I lost every level and every challenge, but I still have my Contracts dollars. I play on Xbox 360, these below are my answers, plese fix this game otherwise I won't play it again. This game is full of bugs everywhere, it's a shame that you released a patch and it STILL has a lot of things that DON'T WORK.

No crash.

No crash.

No, maybe 2 hours.

No crash.

I'm on Xbox 360, I'm connected to Xbox Live. Always connected. The game should work when you are connected, not when you are not connected. Nobody plays without a connection, we are not in the '80s.

I don't think so.

No.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED: I changed disc, I played Halo, I cleared the cache, then I played Absolution again, downloaded the Absolution patch again and the game said "No save data found. Create one?", or something like that. The save was THERE, it's still there, but the game didn't read it. I don't understand how this game works, how this game saves files. It's so cryptic, for example it didn't save the viewed Play Styles in the menu, there are always the stars as if you never viewed them. As if they were always new. What is this? Seriously guys, this is ABSURD. You guys should hire more testers, absolutely. As soon as possible, and please release another patch. You have to pay Microsoft OK, but you can't leave the game as it is right now. It's a MESS. The game is absolutely GORGEOUS, but it's plagued by bugs.

Thank You

Yes

During a cutscene the screen froze and didn't recover

Not particularly

No, it's crashed in various places on a number of occasion, all in different places but usually during cutscenes

Yes, though sometimes I'm signed out (not sure why) the crashes tend to occur whilst I'm signed out

No

I bought the game after the patch was introduced.

Originally Posted by Nickg91
    Yes

During a cutscene the screen froze and didn't recover

Not particularly

No, it's crashed in various places on a number of occasion, all in different places but usually during cutscenes

Yes, though sometimes I'm signed out (not sure why) the crashes tend to occur whilst I'm signed out

No

I bought the game after the patch was introduced.
    2 questions:
    * do you have plus membership? If so,were you able to recover the save?
    * did you logout from psn during the game or did you start playing already logged out?

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last