Thread: Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Not PS3, but Xbox, but having crashing issues still even after todays (18th Dec) update

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game?
    No
    2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed?
    No data loss, but crashed during intro scene to the mission/cutscene between Skurky's Law and Blackwater Park
    3. Did you play for an extended period?
    No had just loaded up the game
    4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    Yes, Happens all the time on this section of the game, It will get to a random point of the scene, sometimes immediately as 47 drives off in the hearse, other times he will make it all the way to the tailors shop before it freezes the xbox completely resulting in needing a complete turn on and off of the console.
    Before the patch (18th Dec) 47 would make it all the way to the tailor and then it would just sit constantly on the hitman absolution loading screen.
    5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow?
    as stated earlier, Xbox 360, but am connected to Live
    6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    No, freezes during cutscene, whether controller is held or not.
    7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied?
    Yes as in Q4 it would just sit indefinately showing Hitman Absolution loading screen (could access xbox home)
    After 18th Dec update it completely freezes the Xbox requiring a system restart.

Crashes all the time!!

The first 20 hours of gameplay were ok. I was able to finish the story mode a couple of times with no problem! But then I experienced the first crash - the videogame (ps3) just turned off, after beeping three times. So I downloaded the patch 1.02 and it got a lot worse. Now it crashes all the time, to the point it occurs every 5 minutes or so, making it impossible to enjoy the title I waited almost 10 years to be lauched!Despite the other reports, the data was never corrupted. I tested my PS3 with other games, including 2 hours of Skyrim, and it worked perfectly!! I also tried to set the PSN offline, and the game just keep crashing! Today I was able to play a few hours of the courses "streets of hope" and "chinese new year", but when I tried "terminus" and "barbershop", the game crashed really fast! The moment it crashes is random... sometimes it happens right after the level is loaded, but others I get to play for a while. I don't know whatelse to do and I'm really frustrated!! I live in Brazil and here the retailer won't refund me after a month using the product!

Yes and no. When it crashes loading a cut scene I don't lose any data. When it crashes during saving I lose the data.

Just crashed during saving, I restarted my ps3 and the saved file was corrupted.

No as little as 15 mins

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    Yes on run for your life, at the end of shangri la when you go in the elevator. It sometimes does it randomly before that point but it always happens at that point.

Yes

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    Yes i pressed ps3 home button after waiting 10 mins

I only brought the game yesterday so I've only played it on the new patch

No Crash just lost saves

My games doesn't crash! Everytime I exit the game and come back into it, my saves are gone and I cannot continue!

Just fightet against sanches and when the sceen came where 47 took his mask of and talked to him. the background noise disapered!!! PS3/professionel

No

Yesterday, the freeze came just 10 mn after I played

It's randomly. The game freeze during loading, when I want to go to main menu. I noticed also dialog bug. Sometimes, I can't hear NPC (Chinatown and Terminus), and always after, when I want to restart mission or quit the mission, that freeze

Yes
    No
    No, I bought the game afte the patch was out

In burnwood family tomb the guards can spot you if you hide in the composte container there is now way they saw me when I went in and still they shoot me..
    PS3/patched/pro

Repeated Crash

Whilst playing the game i activated a checkpoint, whilst trying to reload back to this checkpoint the game crashed. I experienced the black screen and was not able to use the PS button to turn off the console. I left it for about five minutes and this did not resolve so i had to manually turn the console off. The crash has also happened to me when i try to continue from the score screen onto the next level. I hope i have provided enough information if more is needed just hollah. This has all happened AFTER the patch. Thanks

Unhappy Attack of The Saints

Since the 1.02 patch the game has been freezing during Attack of The Saints. During cut-scenes and when re-starting to a checkpoint. Also if it does manage to re-start to a checkpoint there is sound, but no voices from NPC's or anyone even during cut-scenes. Right now I have been sitting on the load screen for the past 5 minutes. I will have to re-boot my PS3 to start over, again.

Just crashed while playing 'The Shooting Contest' section during mission 8 (Birdie's Gift). Console reset completed. Save data was not corrupted.

Platform: PS3
    Region: UK

1. No.
    2. N/A. (Aimed at a far right target on the shooting range with a shotgun and game crashed.)
    3. 3 Hours.
    4. No.
    5. Yes.
    6. No.
    7. No. However I hadn't played this mission before the 1.02 patch was applied.

I did some more tests and came to the conclusion that the problem only occurs when I play the Campaign and am connected to PSN (or access when I'm in the game). Was connected to PSN and went to play a random chapter. Nothing happened. I played some contracts and nothing too.

I just got spottet in the first level of terminus hotel.. in the bathroom weaing a electrician uniform. didden't carrie any weapons or non.. fix it now please..
    PS3/patched/normal

And I just got spottet again on the op floor.. dress up as a employe of the hotel.. fix it.. no way the guard would find me suspissios

And if you restart from a checkpoint don't respawn the enemys you already have killed...!!!!

I mean the enemys that you have killed before you activatet the checkpoint..!!!

WTF!!! the evidence I removed before restarting from the checkpoint is already collected... now that is just ed up..!!

In libery Im just getting shot at by the enemys but Im not spottet??? a least I haven't got the spottet point penalty..????!!!!!

No sound in skin trade cutscene in blackwater park!!??!

PS3/patched/normal

And when after shooting her "in the phone" the sound is still gone..!

Game crash after blackwater park!!!!

PS3/patched/normal

blackwater upper floors..

Getting spottet by an enemy who is not even in the same room when Im shooting a guard in the face.. He might see the guard die but he can't see me, that why is bugging me that Im getting spottet

PS3/patched/normal

Constant, Consistent Crashes

H:A crashes on a very regular basis for me. Including one place where it crashes *every* time. Per the requested format:
    No, I haven't had the corruption issue happen as of yet. My crashes don't typically happen around loading or saving times.
    My answer to #1 is no, but this is an important question so I'll answer it. The most consistent crash is during "Run for your life". I'm crossing the rooftop areas just after the library level. I am trying to get past the police officers and the helicopter that is patrolling the rooftop with a search light. I have NEVER been able to pass this stage due to system freeze. It locks up every single time, but the precise moment can vary. Sometimes it's when I activate intuition, sometimes when I press to aim down the barrel of the cop's gun I just swiped, and other times it happens right when I'm spotted. Other times, I avoid all of those "triggers", and it will instead freeze while I'm hiding and waiting for the last 2 cops to patrol away from the exit. If I manage to get near the exit without a crash, it will always freeze just after the cops finish talking and saying how I'm "probably burning in the hotel". I have also tried the guns blazing method of just killing everyone in sight (just to try and upset the normal flow of the level and hope to avoid a freeze). If I do this, it freezes as I'm gunning down the last of the cops.
    Yes and no. It will happen consistently 5 minutes into a play session, or if I try to carefully play a stable level (usually Chinatown and the Hotel levels are fairly stable, but some days they crash constantly at any and all times as well) over and over, I may play for an hour or more before reaching a crash. Eventually, it crashes. I've never actually ended a game session on purpose, I just get tired of hard resetting my PS3 and move on. Some levels I had to play 30-40 times, just praying that it wouldn't crash one of the times. Until the "Run for your life" stage, this type of dedication would eventually let me complete a level maybe once each day, and then I would be tired out, so I would quit for the day.
    I can reliable reproduce the crash, but the trigger can be different for each crash. It just depends. It ALWAYS crashes during "Run For Your Life". I've never even been able to play 80% of the game because I have a hard limit at that stage that I can't complete without crashing. I kept trying it over and over for several hours, and I've never passed this level without a crash. See answer number two for more info.
    I'm usually connected to the internet, but I've tried disabling my connection to see if it would help, but it didn't seem to make a difference. It crashes either way.
    Luckily my saves have never been corrupted, but I'm waiting. With how often it crashes, it wouldn't surprise me.
    I've had this problem at all software levels. I've tried it at 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 (Current Patch), and I can't get past "Run For Your Life" on any of these software installs.

Although it's not in your question list, I would like to mention that it seems like I have this crash problem worse than most I've seen. Maybe except for someone who can't load up the game at all. Regardless, it's been immensely frustrating for a long time Hitman fan like myself. I also have an XBOX 360, and I would gladly give up my game progress to trade for an XBOX copy to see if I can get away from the PS3 version that has been utterly unplayable. This option is actually preferred at this point, since making the game even 80% better on PS3 would still be at a highly frustrating level that would likely ruin my ability to fully enjoy the game. Please help.
    -Konhi

Im getting spottet by the cops in chinese new year.. haven't done anything in that level, and still they are getting hostile..!!!

PS3/patched/normal

I have installed the patch 1.02 for the ps3 version, but I still have some problems

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game? no

2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed? no the crash just restart the system but no savefiles corrupted

3. Did you play for an extended period? yes and no, but the problem is the same, first after a long play time I turned off the ps3 for a while to let it rest after the crush, but the next day I turned on again and inmediatley it got crushed in the same place

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?) it happens in the attack of the saints level in the cutscene and before the end of the game in the absolution level, and almost always during the loading screen and the minimovies of the levels

5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow? it happens anyway, doesn't matter if I connected or not.

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)? No, when It got crushed during the first time, I pressed the button but it dindn't load the home interface, It just get stuck.

7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied? No, or don't know, I purchased the game after the patch was released.

During playing the attack of the saint level it gets frozen many times during the loading screen and in the presentation of the level (the cutscene), my system gets stuck and after a while it restarts, but no savefiles are corrupted.

And also in the attack of the saint level, you know during play the game will be get stuck if you restart the checkpoint because the dialogs are lost, no sound at all, only the music and envirnoment sound.

In the final level "Absolution" after the stats screen (where they show you how you did it) it also gets stuck before the very final cutscene before the credits, it shows nothing in the screen, but this time the system don't restart, it only gets stuck, and also no savefile is corrupted after I turn off the system and restart it.

Hope the info is clear enough to solve the problems, but great game.. I the contracts mode I haven't find any problems yet...

It happens int the same levels, the rest of them in my console runs fine.

Thanks.

Playstation freezes at end of the game

Hello,

I'm playing on ps3...

During the game I had several freezing problems but no loss of any saving data!
    When the game freezed, it was in "the saints" level, either in the level on the golf playground or when I tried to restart the level after freezing in the cutscene while loading the game...
    I solved that problem choosing the level rather than hit continue in the game menu.

But I have a more frustrating issue. The game freezes at the end of the last mission!!! I kill Travis, I see the first part of cutscenes, then I get the mission debriefing... And when I hit continue, my ps3 systematically freezes and shows me a nice black screen... I never see the cutscene with Birdy comming into office and asking if can help finding 47 ...Had to watch that on Youtube because I was sure that there would be something more...

Any suggestions about this ?

Freezing at end of game

To be simple and complete my previous post, i got the exact same problem !!!

Originally Posted by Deathwulf25
    I have installed the patch 1.02 for the ps3 version, but I still have some problems

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game? no

2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed? no the crash just restart the system but no savefiles corrupted

3. Did you play for an extended period? yes and no, but the problem is the same, first after a long play time I turned off the ps3 for a while to let it rest after the crush, but the next day I turned on again and inmediatley it got crushed in the same place

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?) it happens in the attack of the saints level in the cutscene and before the end of the game in the absolution level, and almost always during the loading screen and the minimovies of the levels

5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow? it happens anyway, doesn't matter if I connected or not.

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)? No, when It got crushed during the first time, I pressed the button but it dindn't load the home interface, It just get stuck.

7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied? No, or don't know, I purchased the game after the patch was released.

During playing the attack of the saint level it gets frozen many times during the loading screen and in the presentation of the level (the cutscene), my system gets stuck and after a while it restarts, but no savefiles are corrupted.

And also in the attack of the saint level, you know during play the game will be get stuck if you restart the checkpoint because the dialogs are lost, no sound at all, only the music and envirnoment sound.

In the final level "Absolution" after the stats screen (where they show you how you did it) it also gets stuck before the very final cutscene before the credits, it shows nothing in the screen, but this time the system don't restart, it only gets stuck, and also no savefile is corrupted after I turn off the system and restart it.

Hope the info is clear enough to solve the problems, but great game.. I the contracts mode I haven't find any problems yet...

It happens int the same levels, the rest of them in my console runs fine.

Thanks.

You Can Manage challenge in blackwater park don't register..!!!!

dressed as a manager and entered the elevator without being spottet..

PS3/patched/normal

crash after first level of the attack of the saints

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously... about to do the infiltrate challenge in the attack of the saints.. and got spottet....... BY THE F* CIVILAN I SAVED....

AND WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SO THAT WHEN SOME RESTART FROM AN ACTIVATED CHECKPOINT, THE ENEMYS YOU HAVE KILLED BEFORE ACTIVATING THE CHECKPOINT ARE STILL DEAD AFTER RESTARTING!?!?!?!??!?!

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last