Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Issue POST 1.02 PS3 patch?

Hi all

In an effort to get reliable information about whether people have problems with absolution AFTER having applied the 1.02 patch recently released, I'm posting this thread.

We're seeing a bunch of different reports scattered all over the various threads here and it's virtually impossible to cut through trolling, legitimate claims and obscurely described ones.

If you have an issue that persists AFTER your PS3 game has been updated to 1.02 or if you're experiencing NEW issues AFTER updating to 1.02, please post them here with as much detail as you can.

I'll direct the live team to THIS thread in an effort to keep all the information in one place.

PLEASE REFRAIN from getting into discussions, flames or similar. Keep this thread clean to ensure we get the best overview possible.

Also, I'd like to express my apologies to anyone and everyone who feel the information about patches hasn't been optimal. It's extremely hard for us to satisfy everyone who feel they need a daily update. The standard daily update is 'there is no news' until we write something else. I understand that's not ideal but we cannot give you news is there is no news.

Finally, with the holidays looming, I see no way of getting another patch in before they hit and I am sorry to say that any new patch that might be produced will definitely not hit until after Christmas.

UPDATE
    The live team have asked us to get as much information as we can on WHEN the crashes take place - i.e. what you were doing as the game crashed and your save got corrupted.

For instance, does it crash during a cutscene and after you reboot, the save is dead? Does it randomly crash and does that cause corruption?

The corruption we've been able to reproduce is linked to crashing or shutting down the PS3 while the game is saving. The save process takes 3-4 seconds and we've seen users who may have shut down their machines assuming the same is done, while it in fact isn't done saving. This will cause corruption.

So, please follow this format:

1. Did the crash cause you to lose your save game?
    2. If yes, what happened as the game crashed?
    3. Did you play for an extended period?
    4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    5. Are you connected to the PSN online service somehow?
    6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    7. Did you experience this BEFORE the 1.02 patch was applied?

So the game crashed three times on me before the patch. Once I even was on the last level. I replayed some parts twenty to thirty times in order to be a clean killer.

Yesterday, I downloaded the new patch which was supposed to fix that very issue. But guess what. It crashed again twice. On the second time the game save was gone. All in all I lost 60 hours of game play and I'm trying my hardest to be civil in this post.

Luckily I bought the game through amazon, so I can just send it back.

Can you imagine the rage I feel? You took something from me that you can't give me back.

I was looking forward to the new Tomb Raider but I don't think I'll support Eidos anymore.

Just so you guys have something wo work with I'll provide some infos. Maybe this can help preventing other people from experiencing the same.

I'm on a PS3 (fat, 60gb).

First time the game got stuck at the loading screen after reloading a segment. A restart surprisingly did not kill my save file. So I continued playing, silently congratulating you guys for your job.

Just now: After reloading a checkpoint (for the 20th time) in the level that takes place in the field (scarecrow costume) the game got stuck in the loading screen, leaving me only with the option to restart the console. Now it's all gone.

I understand that making a game is a hard job with a lot of variables, but you messed up one of the most important aspect.

Maybe you should let the game save on two save files and alternate between them, so we don't have to start from the beginning.

See how I did not swear here? Took all the restrain I got.

I own the ps3 slim, I'd got the Descent level on Dexter Industries - I had activated the first checkpoint which I assume must be about halfway - not long after you go through a gate which requires a card. I got seen so thought I'd start shooting as you do. I decided to restart the level so I could get a better score thinking it'd restart the "descent" section but I forgot it'd take me back to the entrance bit (where you have to disable security). Returned to title screen so I could reload the Descent section - it crashed before it got there - black screen with the round spinning icon - it was like this for a good 30 seconds during which time it was unresponsive. Forced a reset to find my save is gone. This is EXACTLY where it happened before the patch so this is obviously a bug that's not been addressed. Help. As someone else said is there a way that two saves can be made or some kind of copy I want to finish this game as despite this I think it's very good but I'm more than reluctant to start again a third time...

Hello i have dowloaded patch but game keeps crashing on chepoints game is cool. Please fix that

Maybe it'd help (and cut down on the extraneous information) if somebody would make a Template to most effectively pin-point the necessary data for possible reasons/connections?

Like:

Console/Type: (i.e. PS3 60GB)
    Installed on HDD: (Yes/No)
    Error Type: (Freeze etc)
    Error Occurrence: (Where, When, Lead-Up: Level, During Gameplay/Cinematic/Loading Screen/Pause Screen; after Level Start/Continue Game/1st Checkpoint Reload/10th Checkpoint Reload, 12 hours of straight playing etc)
    Error Result: (Console Freeze, Forced Restart, Exit to XMB, Save Game Corruption)
    Anything unusual when/before Error occurred: (disk noises, connections issues with internet/PSN, long loading times, graphical glitches etc)
    Console hot/in long usage when Error occurred: (Yes/No)
    Connected to Internet/PSN when Error occurred: (Yes/No)
    Issues when Downloading Patch: (Took too long, was too big etc)
    Internet Connection with which Patch was downloaded: (wired/wireless)
    Possibly Heavy Internet Usage when Patch was downloaded: (Yes/No)
    Possibly Heavy Internet Usage when Error occurred: (Yes/No)
    Same/Similar Error Occured BEFORE 1.02 Patch: (Yes/No - Details)

Two Sentences of Commentary:

Or make a small online questionnaire?
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier made a very nifty bug-report questionnaire that made it quite easy for people to report things very specifically.

I'm just sayin'. Feel Free to delete this post...
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

What I noticed (at least occurred to me), is that the save is corrupted only when you are connected to PSN (PS3 version). When I am connected to access any chapter of the game, the loading symbol remains on the screen all the time. If you access the menu of the PlayStation, the console crashes for no reason. After that, you are required to restart the console, with his save corrupted. But if you play offline, nothing happens. The symbol of save is the normal time on the screen, saves normally. With no problems. But if you access the PSN, the problems start. Well, that is what happened with me.

I did notice that for whatever reason I got signed out of psn not long before this happened I don't know if my Internet tripped or something happened with the game, could that be an issue? I might try disabling psn while I play it and see if it has any effect...

And yes the loading / saving icon was permanently on the screen as well even during gameplay...

Originally Posted by Tgooding01
    I did notice that for whatever reason I got signed out of psn not long before this happened I don't know if my Internet tripped or something happened with the game, could that be an issue? I might try disabling psn while I play it and see if it has any effect...
    If you access the PSN during the game, the problem with the save will occur. Additionally, the game will crash a bit too. And you can not log out of PSN, since accessing the PlayStation menu, being online, the game will crash.

Another problem (which a friend told me) is that some trophies of the campaign, are being released in the contract mode. Do not know if this is a problem, but as we are having some problems with the game, I think its important report.

Have downloaded patch 1.02 and it still freezes, during game play and when I open the notebook. Haven't seen anything past Chinatown. I tried deleting the patch, deleting the save data redo everything fresh and no change. Also I have never experienced a corrupt save game.

I have a 1st generation ps3 with a 320gb HDD formatted in FAT32.

My PSN signs in automatically, I wasn't actively using it as such although it was updating global scores etc - there was a notification in the game that the connection had been lost - caused the game to pause and me to acknowledge it but seeing as I was in single player I thought nothing of it. It was here I noticed the spinning save icon which was permanently in the bottom right of the screen even as I was playing - usually I believe this appears when you reach a checkpoint or its loading during a cutscene. It's seems to happen when you try to return to the main menu or force a reload - the frustration is on both occasions it's happened at exactly the same point.

The live team have asked us to get as much information as we can on WHEN the crashes take place - i.e. what you were doing as the game crashed and your save got corrupted.

For instance, does it crash during a cutscene and after you reboot, the save is dead? Does it randomly crash and does that cause corruption?

The corruption we've been able to reproduce is linked to crashing or shutting down the PS3 while the game is saving. The save process takes 3-4 seconds and we've seen users who may have shut down their machines assuming the same is done, while it in fact isn't done saving. This will cause corruption.

So, please follow this format:

4. Can you reliably reproduce the crash? (e.g. does it happen in the same place or while you do the same thing every time?)
    6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interferred with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?

No

No

Sometimes it will sometimes it wont, but always freezes at some point during Chinatown.

Yes

No

Yes

As I mentioned before, that happened to me: Playing offline, the game is normal. The save place at the right time (in seconds) and no problems accessing the PS menu. But when you're connected to PSN and after that enters the game on PS3, the problems start. Upon entering chapter, the save icon remains on the screen all the time. And to access the menu of the PlayStation, the game crashes. The same thing occurs when you're playing offline and access the PSN: The save icon will appear on the screen and access the PS menu the game will crash. With me, the game crashed everywhere, when I was connected to PSN. I did tests on various gaming places. At least with me, I noticed that the problem occurs when I'm connected to PSN. Be accessing before, or during game play.

My suggestion (if it persists for a long time) is that everyone always copy to a thumb drive, or host file save of the game to avoid losing the progress that has already. And for the IO, it would be interesting, even after correction of the problem, to provide an update to create a backup file save. For thus, even if problems occur with the save, we will have a backup file.

Yes, after the game was restarted the game acted as if there was no auto-save present - asked me to set up the screen again etc, all progress lost

On both occasions this has happened (once before the patch and once after) I was on the Descent level of Dexter Industries. Previously while playing the level set at the entrance (sorry can't recall the name of the level, but its the first bit where you disable the security) I got a message onscreen saying that the connection to PSN had been lost. It paused the game to notify me of this much like it does if you disconnect a controller and I had to acknowledge that before continuing. After this I noticed that the spinning icon in the bottom right which you see during the loading of cut-scenes or moving to a new section was permanently rotating. Having got through the derelict barn / warehouse and onto the Descent section I got past the checkpoint near the gate you need a card to get through. I got seen so decided to restart, thinking it would take me to the start of that section but it reloaded me at the very beginning - I quit to the title menu in the hope of selecting the relevant chapter and it crashed. Screen went black with the spinning icon it was like this for a good 30 seconds before I turned it off by the power switch on the console.

An hour or so before it crashed

Both times this has happened it has happened at the same place - midway through the Descent level. I cannot recall if I had a PSN connection loss or not the first time but it seems more than coincidence that it has happened in the same place to me.

I will try again but I'm taking the advice of another poster here who said pull the plug on PSN and play totally offline - if I get the issue again I'll tell you.

From my knowledge my PSN automatically signs in, I hadn't been using any multiplayer component as such all that I was aware of is the regional and world average scores that get updated.

6. Have you done anything during the save process that might have interfered with it (e.g. pressing the home button)?
    Didnt do anything - the loading screen appeared - expected the title screen to appear and it didn't.

Yes, in exactly the same place although I cannot recall if I had a PSN connection issue or if the save icon was spinning during game play like I noticed this time.

Agree with Diego, I know its not ideal but some kind of backup would be ideal - things get corrupted I accept that but it'd be handy if it somehow it kept automatic saves at the start of levels so you can retrieve progress. Both times I've been about 10 hours in only to lose stuff - annoying. I'm going to get a pen drive so I can back up my progress personally.

PS3-Patch Feedback

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Hitman and want to share my experiences with the patch. First off - this game is amazing and I love it!

Disguises/Dectection: Well done IO. Now you can finally use them properly. It feels just right now.

Savefile corruption: Luckily I never experienced this. Game freezes from time to time (very rare), but that's not a big problem.

Sound issues: A lot of sound holes after the patch (escpecially in the end chapters). Game freezes after you killed Dexter (so no end sequence).

Glitch: In the chapter, where the guy is barbecuing and wants to pee against the wall, you can't pull the cable due to a glitch.

Scoring: In some levels it's incorrect and you receive penalties although you haven't been detected during the walkthrough.

Lag: Very common after the patch throughout the campaign.

Thanks for reading and this great game!

Cheers

ian

i am still having problems with the game freezing, ive wiped the game from the ps3 and downloaded the patch on 2 occasions now. i get to complete the first mission then freezes on the stats screen, also on the first time around the hit man character walks around without me moving the controller. Im getting to the point where im thinking of getting my money back.

yes
    my ps3 just frezzed i had to reboot it
    NO
    No it happens randomly, normaly at checkpoints or cutscenes
    NO
    NO
    YES same problems with pathc or without

Yes

black screen with the little circle spinning in the bottom right hand corner

i've notice this happens only during cutscenes, restarting a mission, repeating a mission, and sometimes loading a mission

No it happens randomly i could be just starting or playing for awhile (dont think i've managed to play the game for a full hour yet)

No but again i've notice this happens only during cutscenes, restarting a mission, repeating a mission, and sometimes loading a mission

sometimes and sometimes during game play an error occurs and signs me out

no just on the restart the hitman save file is corrupted and i have to start again

Yes but now it more regular

ALSO IVE FOUND A WAY TO KEEP YOUR SAVE DATA WHICH STOPS YOU HAVING TO START COMPLETELY OVER AGAIN

what i do is create a backup of the uncorrupted file and save it on a usb if the game crashes and the file gets damaged just delete the damaged file and copy the backup back to your PS3, - this tip has saved me from returning the game and getting a refund

Hi guys. Unfortunately the crash/corrupt save issue with PS3 is not resolved. I got to the mission "Shaving Lenny", I walked to the back of the map where the mechanics are, a cop and a guy were standing there, and I began trespassing. In order to try get a perfect score, I restarted from checkpoint, and the game crashed. The screen was black with the loading symbol appearing in the bottom right hand corner. It was there for 5 or so minutes before disappearing, then just a black screen requiring the PS3 to be reset.

The result was a corrupt save and having to start all over- for the third time now (it happened to me twice pre-patch). As I'm sure you know, this is really really frustrating, especially considering not only the time we've put in playing it, but the obvious time you guys spent making an otherwise great game.

I'm sorry to say but this has really let down a long time fan of Hitman, and an unfortunate technical error is ruining all your hard work.

Another problem that I came across today: In some cutscenes, is the lack of audio. Since played for less than one hour. Not if someone went through it, but it is another problem that had not, and have now when patch 1.02 was installed.

Originally Posted by Dazzeling
    what i do is create a backup of the uncorrupted file and save it on a usb if the game crashes and the file gets damaged just delete the damaged file and copy the backup back to your PS3, - this tip has saved me from returning the game and getting a refund
    you're right. create a backup everytime we finished a mission, the best solution so far

When can we expet some add on or patch to fix that its getinganoying

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last