Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or 360?

PS3 or 360?

What system should i get this game on?

Edit by forum staff - please note that this thread is for discussion on PS3 vs 360. We'd like to keep this thread clear of comparisons between the consoles and the PC platform, to avoid platform wars. Go here for that instead. Similarly, please refrain from heavy PS3/360 "fanboy talk" to avoid console wars; keep the discussion helpful, constructive and civil. Thank you.

If you have both systems, then it won't really make much difference which one you get the game for. You can enjoy it either way. There is the DLC that 360 gets first, but as long as you can patiently wait the month when the other platforms get it (or you simply don't buy into DLC) then it still won't matter.

The only other swing vote I can think of, is if you're more focused on building up your achievment score or trophy collection.
    signature image

Ik...im not sure what to do....DLC i can wait for. Just tryin to see what system to get it for....i have more xbox games then ps3 so idk what to do

i would go for xbox 360 personally, i have both.
    signature image

Go for PC, best graphics experience.

Pc for me. but I have a question, If PS4 comes in 2013, will TR9 work on it? I heard somewhere that any PS3 compatible games will also work with PS4
    signature image

PC FTW
    But, if you have 360 and PS3 buy it for PS3

not gettin it for PC...i hate PC....i a console guy. this is a ps3 or xbox idk how you got pc lol so one person says ps3...looks like thats the winner till other ppl give there thoughts on what i should get it on.

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    PC FTW
    But, if you have 360 and PS3 buy it for PS3
    For DLC's sake, he should go with 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Well, they're not an exclusive for ever So...

In my opinion they should just make one bad ass console that combines pc graphics and ps3 and xbox 360 gameplay (not saying pc gameplay bad, just to even out)

and name it something like the PC3360 (bad name) and we could all play tomb raider and happily skip along rainbows and eat sunshine cakes
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheTombExplorer View Post
    In my opinion they should just make one bad ass console that combines pc graphics and ps3 and xbox 360 gameplay (not saying pc gameplay bad, just to even out)

and name it something like the PC3360 (bad name) and we could all play tomb raider and happily skip along rainbows and eat sunshine cakes
    That would be amazing Also because i love sunshine cakes
    But i'd call it XPCS (again a bad name)

That would be amazing Also because i love sunshine cakes
    But i'd call it XPCS (again a bad name)
    Hahaha nah thats a better name then mine! but yes i wish that we could all do that
    signature image

Well, they're not an exclusive for ever So...
    Yeah but those who wouldn't wait until August 2013 to play the Endurance DLC at least.

Yeah but those who wouldn't wait until August 2013 to play the Endurance DLC at least.
    How do know it that is the Endurance DLC? And how do you know that it will be out in August? Tell me!

^ He doesn't, he's guessing and trying to cause a stir
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    ^ He doesn't, he's guessing and trying to cause a stir
    Oh, no...
    I got hyped

If other multiplatform games are any indication, get the 360 version. Multiplatform games tend to favor the 360 just slightly. I'm a PS3 owner so no fanboy. All i'm hoping for is that ps3 version will be on par this time.

How do know it that is the Endurance DLC? And how do you know that it will be out in August? Tell me!
    Endurance DLC:
    "We've promised our fans that the game's ending is not DLC. Instead, the game's heart pumping introducti- prologue - will remain a temporary exclusive for X360 at 2400MS until August 2013. Further announcements for PC and PS3 players are to remain until a later date."

^ Source?
    signature image

Select the text > Ctrl + C > visit google.com > Ctrl + V > Enter

The first page that came up was the Tomb Raider Forums... A place of gossip worshiping.
    I don't accept that as a valid source.
    signature image

Since it's not permanently exclusive, the reason for choosing 360 over PS3 (for me at least) would be the controller. Way more ergonomic and comfortable. Only the d-pad is a disadvantage but don't know how much it's used in this TR.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Since it's not permanently exclusive, the reason for choosing 360 over PS3 (for me at least) would be the controller. Way more ergonomic and comfortable. Only the d-pad is a disadvantage but don't know how much it's used in this TR.
    I meant those who can't even wait for few months until the TIMED period of TIMED exclusive DLC end. Its great for us though, haven't got any chance to play those Underworld DLC's.

I think we have to wait for the "comparison" pics, and then decide what platform we'll buy it on. (Of couse if you have multiple platforms. )

From the latest (16th) podcast:

MEAGAN MARIE: Very cool. I’m excited about that one. So now we’re out of the territory of pre-orders and all that. We’re getting into some of the regular questions. This has been a busy month. We have a couple of people wondering, will we ever show off the different comparison shots, screenshots, for PC versus PlayStation 3 versus 360. Is that something we would do?

KARL STEWART: Yeah, that’s something we have on the calendar for the New Year. You always do that. What I will say is, we don’t go out of our way to put three screenshots together and go, “Here are the differences.” I don’t think that’s fair on anybody, because PC guys get to have the highest-res textures. They have unlimited memory in a way. There’s differences to every one. We’ll leave it to you to draw the comparisons. Don’t expect us to put out a gallery of…

MEAGAN MARIE: Spot the difference…

KARL STEWART: “Here’s the three of them! Spot the difference!” That’s not going to happen.

MEAGAN MARIE: But it is something that we’ll…

KARL STEWART: It is something that we’ll do. The same screenshots, of course, will be released for all three platforms, because we are trying to present the game to those three audiences, to make sure that they make a fair decision on which platform they want to buy for.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast