Thread: Acceptable or Not? (Gun magazine)

Acceptable or Not? (Gun magazine)

Acceptable or Not? (Gun magazine)

In the first level there is a gun magazine and one title says

"Back to School" ...
    I considered it as cruel humor, since bad things happen when guns are brought to school. Anyways I have mixed feelings about this and I don't want anyone to be offended.

I didn't want to put it in any of my videos, but I just wanted to mention it.

Tell me what you think about it?

Maybe I misinterpreted it, if so, tell me

I think what it meant was like a sale of sorts on items like there is special sales on stuff in other stores depending on different events and holidays..

not sure about this though :P

It sounded like a "back to School" sale... You know, the time when kiddos buy their binders and crayons and ... guns?

Originally Posted by MathaesVD
    The fact that people insist on digging controversy out of everything makes me wish that just to piss those people off, Absolution would have had a mission like this:

A school counsellor needs to die, but it can't be made to look like he was targeted specifically. Therefore, 47 must enter the school in disguise and kill at least 30 other people in a shooting spree. Then the murder of the counsellor will look like collateral damage of the rampage of a madman. The school should be disrespectfully named something resembling Virginia tech or Columbine, preferably with some tasteless word-play, just like product labels when dodging trademark laws.

Because if this censorship keeps piling up as mourning new atrocities makes every word in the vocabulary holy, after a few hundred years, anything and everything will stir up controversy, because anything anyone says or does is somehow connected to some sort of tragedy in history.

Well since I make a lot of Easter-egg videos, I stumbled on this one here.. but I was not sure if it was a good idea, or if it would bring a lot of hate. So I decided to leave it out. Still it didn't offend me. But you know, always have to watch out for everything

I read an article today about a guy who caught a thief. He let his 12 year old son point the gun at the thief while he was calling the police.

My point is, I think many Americans feel a little different about guns then most Europeans would.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    The fact that people insist on digging controversy out of everything makes me wish that just to piss those people off, Absolution would have had a mission like this:

A school counsellor needs to die, but it can't be made to look like he was targeted specifically. Therefore, 47 must enter the school in disguise and kill at least 30 other people in a shooting spree. Then the murder of the counsellor will look like collateral damage of the rampage of a madman. The school should be disrespectfully named something resembling Virginia tech or Columbine, preferably with some tasteless word-play, just like product labels when dodging trademark laws.

Because if this censorship keeps piling up as mourning new atrocities makes every word in the vocabulary holy, after a few hundred years, anything and everything will stir up controversy, because anything anyone says or does is somehow connected to some sort of tragedy in history.
    Don't worry! The tragedy of today becomes the joke of tommorow. It just depends on whatever is in vogue at the time.

People's insecurities and inability to think can also have an effect on how they perceive controversy.

My friend thought the Attack of the Saints trailer was "wrong" because 47 was beating up women. But he didn't bat an eyelid when I choked an innocent truck driver to death in the game.

Games should be able to do whatever they like. The 18 rating is there for a reason, and if people don't feel comfortable with certain material, then they shouldn't play it or watch it. I've avoided certain movies because I don't really want to watch certain scenes in them. It's not hard to avoid.

Originally Posted by benjimino
    Don't worry! The tragedy of today becomes the joke of tommorow. It just depends on whatever is in vogue at the time.

People's insecurities and inability to think can also have an effect on how they perceive controversy.

My friend thought the Attack of the Saints trailer was "wrong" because 47 was beating up women. But he didn't bat an eyelid when I choked an innocent truck driver to death in the game.

Games should be able to do whatever they like. The 18 rating is there for a reason, and if people don't feel comfortable with certain material, then they shouldn't play it or watch it. I've avoided certain movies because I don't really want to watch certain scenes in them. It's not hard to avoid.
    I can not agree more, but you know the "Too soon?" joke right?

I saw that aswell and i just thought it was funny seeing as i was skipping school to play the game

Originally Posted by MrAtmea
    I read an article today about a guy who caught a thief. He let his 12 year old son point the gun at the thief while he was calling the police.

My point is, I think many Americans feel a little different about guns then most Europeans would.
    Indeed we do, I see nothing wrong at all with this situation
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

I think perhaps you are reading into it too much. That, or taking it too seriously. You know what they are like, bit of controversy here and there always surrounds Hitman games.

I was not offended, I just wanted to ask if other people might were.

Originally Posted by MathaesVD
    In the first level there is a gun magazine and one title says

"Back to School" ...
    I considered it as cruel humor, since bad things happen when guns are brought to school. Anyways I have mixed feelings about this and I don't want anyone to be offended.

I didn't want to put it in any of my videos, but I just wanted to mention it.

Tell me what you think about it?

Reading this on the 15th and it is somewhat unfortunate.