Thread: FED UP!

Exclamation FED UP!

I must say, I was so excited when Eidos came out with Tomb Raider Anniversary. And, truthfully, up until the Centaur battle, I was loving this game! After months of trying to beat these beasts (which I must say, cheat or not, this battle is completely impossible) I finally passed, with 2 health packs left and 0 ammo, and moved on with the game.

It has been quite awhile since I played, but found that I had some time on my hands and went back to battle the level that I am stuck on this time. What is wrong with these game designers to have impossible levels such as the incubation level in the Great Pyramid section?? I have been on the 4th level of this horrible room for weeks now, and still do not have time to shoot TWO gargoyles, shoot the button again, jump to the ramp, grab on to..not two, but THREE poles (with a switch of direction on the second) AND then grapple the ring that has dissapeared like 12 seconds before I can even make a swing on the third pole!!! AND that is if I even survive the damn gargoyles who give me NO chance to do anything, because they are shooting fireballs at me!

Let the record show, that I am playing on "easy" mode!

I would LOVE to finish this game, and then sell it, or burn it, whichever comes first. What a fantastic idea to "remake" our Tomb Raider games (I sure hope they remake TR2 TR3 Chronicles and Last Revelation) however, I will be equally upset if they add such impossible battles. It's one thing for a game to have challenging bosses, jumps, puzzles etc....BUT it is another thing for them to make the game virutually impossible! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! I sure hope EIDOS will re-think their design strategy, NOT to mention marketing strategy when, and if they remake other Tomb Raider games.

I have tried everything to pass this level, I am very quick with my buttons combinations, and have excellent coordination. I can honestly say, it is not me, it IS the game.

If anyone has any ideas for me to move past the awful 4th, 5th, and 6th level of this room, I'd appreciate it wholeheartedly.

Thanks for listening!

I know your pain, but there is a way through this. First, after you deal with the winged ones, line up, run and jump across to grapple that ring, once she centers herself, immediately wall run to the left and jump off, she will land and slidedown a very short ramp, jump and grab the ledge and so on. These moves must be executed like clockwork, so if you fail, just keep trying and memorize the timing as you go along. A footnote: get rid of those winged ones quickly, the ledge is retracting and putting you farther from the ring and when you run and jump to grapple in mid air, you must be lined up perfectly. Once you have that part down, the rest is fairly easy. Good luck.