Thread: 2D Remake of FF3?

2D Remake of FF3?

Rolleyes 2D Remake of FF3?

Hi

I'm new here so please bear with,

I know that they have done a 3D remake of Final Fantasy 3 in recent years.

Does anyone know if there are any plans/talks/demand to remake FF3 but in 2D format (ie in the vein of FF1 and FF2)?

FF1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 were released with overhauled 2D graphics.

So why is FF3 in 3D format? I don't want to play that..

I've played all of the original games on Nes and SNES and i was really hooping for a new 2D version of FF3 to complete my collection... :-(

Cheers,
    Peter

I think they had to give the option of play classic or 3D graphics, pls do this for the next releases on Steam

They were planning to make one for WonderSwan Color but eventually it got cancelled.

Originally Posted by moooka
    They were planning to make one for WonderSwan Color but eventually it got cancelled.

Oh no that's a shame... I really wish they'd make a 2D version similar to the re-releases of 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 (ie the "advance" editions").

It seems so stupid having one of them in 3D... It really doens't appeal to me and they changed too much from the source material...

Fingers crossed someone makes it EVENTUALLY...

:-)

All the 2D FF's should be released as 3D. We don't need those pixelated game anymore.

To be fair, if they do do a 3D remake of I+II, then they will have to resort to the FFIVDS/iOS route by recruiting voice actors from Dissidia, namely, Veronica Taylor as Princess Sara, Grant George as the Warrior/Fighter & Knight classes, Chris Sabat as Garland, Roger Parson as Sarda, and Keith David as Chaos for the first game and bring in JYB and Chris Corey Smith as their respective characters in the second game. In addition to that, they would need to try and connect the story a bit more between each region that you go to or which party is in control (Firion's or Min-Wu's) which may join back during their respective final dungeons and their final battles, and possibly an exclusitivity to this version would be the Stone of Illudia sub-plot from the novel

If they do a 2D version of FFIII then they will need to work on the proposed Wonderswan Color remake from the ground up and give it the potential to be played via WiiWare and mobile phones ala the After Years and then upscale those sprites for releases on the eShop, PSN, the App Store, Amazon, and Google Play

i thought that FF1-3 were released in the FF origins collection in japan?

Originally Posted by bolty32
    i thought that FF1-3 were released in the FF origins collection in japan?
    No, only 1 & 2. Actually, FF Origins (PS1) was released as Final Fantasy I・II Premium Package in Japan.